It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spirit of '76, and the New American Revolution of 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

And also I saw on "the veiw" the other day a gorgeous and brave little guy, i think his name was nevin, he was bullied so badly in broad daylight and to my disgust NO-ONE helped him. Eventually a lady did, but,.....my point is it seems like no one gives a sh*t about any one else anymore. Don't think this is america only i am talking about. Same kind of thing is happening here to.

Every one seems soooo self absorbed these days.

Is it even possible to think that a large group of americans could get together and agree on anything?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

That's why we keep the message simple and clear. End The Fed. Why? Because our government was originally gave the right to coin money, but instead a private institution, not a part of the government, came in and decided to take that right away from our government and indebted us into their system forever. Could be put more simply but just breaking it down for most people to see. Not that hard to figure out and I'm sure that most of the population would agree. You could probably get most people to unite on a tax issue involved with the Fed. It doesn't matter exactly what kind of issue as long as it deals with the Fed and highlights all of their wrong-doings. There are tons of Ron Paul supporters, who would love to end the fed. Plus, End The Fed sounds a bit catchy anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Hi my last post was actually meant for you not dog

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

Yes, we are very multi-cultured and that's what they use to keep us separated but that's how we must create a spark to gain everyone's undivided attention for at least a short amount of time then lead them all in the right direction. Most Americans have very short attention spans anyway. If we were to shock and awe them all at the same time then show them the way, they would more than likely follow, like they have for so very long anyway. Just need a spark... Now what would that spark be?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by coolmanmike

Yes I agree with you. We are taxed on everything regardless. At the grocery store, at toll booths, from our paychecks, etc. If all homeowners across the U.S. stopped paying their mortgages and stopped paying their land taxes- would the banks foreclose on everyone? Would every last person be forcibly removed from their home? We would have an entire nation of homeless people. Again- this would collapse the system of power that is in place. Your thoughts on rallying people to end the fed are valid, but it takes motivation and action. There is a big difference between doing something and NOT doing something. Not paying your mortgage and land taxes is something people could do (or not do, in this case) in the comfort of their homes. For renters, there would have to be another idea to be effective. Perhaps maxing out everyone's credit cards with no intention of paying it back, ever.
Ultimately our goal is the same. To starve the beast which in this case are the banks. Rallying and demonstrating are essential, of course, but to fight and defeat something as massive as the fed you need to attack it from every angle. Keep fighting the good fight!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

I agree with you in the sense that we could collapse the system in which we live then come up with a new one, but would we approve of the new system? Perhaps, this is what they want. Would it change the fact that the FED is still in charge of the new system? Would it give the right to coin money back to our government? Possibly, but what kind of message are we really trying to send to them? What if the new system really involved the Amero and united Canada and Mexico with the U.S. They've already got the infrastructure in place with NAFTA. The message is real clear and simple, and yes it would take actually getting out and doing something about it to create any kind of real positive change. We must find a way to rally the masses. This is the part where the spark comes in. We need a way to draw attention away from MTV and ESPN and redirect it where it needs to be. We need to create some kind of ripple effect. It could be contagious. It could be some sort of shock and awe. Or, it could be both. We need to figure that out and make it happen. There are a lot of bright people on ATS and I'm sure if we get enough people involved in a conversation like this one, we could put our heads together and figure out what we can do. No need to state all the reasons why this would be impossible but instead the reasons why it is possible. Let's be a little more positive and come up with ideas that could be a little more beneficial.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
A few things I would like to note on this whole situation. I am a self proclaimed fore father of the new American Revolution, and it seems that I am commenting on a new thread like this every other day. While this is a good thing, not much has changed on ATS to warrant a change in popular opinion.

On the aspects of unity:
The Playground Bully

I attempted to garner unity last year via this and various other topics, but you will find most ATS members hard pressed to find SOMETHING to disagree with regardless of what you might say or what your end goals might be. Though whatever will they have, there will be those that strive to break unity of the people at whatever costs.
Without unity, there is no revolution.

Secondly -
On the aspects of government held arms:

This is an all too misconceived subject when dealing with battle against high tech governments simply because such groups will not be able to use the technology at their disposal without exposing themselves to the truth of what they are.

The point is, if the US decided to deploy tanks, bombings, or missiles against their own people, when they have a high chance of killing or injuring many innocent people who would not be involved at all - the only provide more excuse to fight them in the first place. So should they act with such rashness and won ton revelry, more people would stand to fight them. Either way, their technological advantage puts them at an extreme disadvantage.

Another thing to take note in this situation is that an extremely large percentage of Americans are armed to the teeth. I'm not just talking hunting rifles either, I'm talking full grade, high class, military grade weapons. Some of it is legally owned, some of it illegally. The only thing that matters is that the military, with the exception of such high priced gadgets such as unmanned drones and various optical equipment, will be evenly matched at least, more than likely standing outnumbered.

Lastly, the final thing I wish to comment on:
On the aspects of military interaction:

Many people look at the military as the forceful iron hand of the government, but the military itself does not. Except for perhaps the higher ups in power, the military stands to serve the people in defending and protecting the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic. There are many people in the military who are dissatisfied with the actions of our government in the past decade, and I will be the first to tell you that resentment towards and talk of revolution does indeed escape the lips of some soldiers. I have heard it first hand.

Therefore, to believe that the military, in all of its might would stand up against the people is a sad assumption indeed, and you only need to look at Egypt to know what side the military is on, even in parts of the world where democracy is not quite as well received.

As for the fight in itself, most guerrilla warfare tactics are outdated in their applications. They do not take into account the increase in technology or the general change in the outlook and ways of life of the world. Guerrilla warfare in a third world country, as most "manuals" would speak of, would be VASTLY different in an advanced country, much less within the limits of the metropolises of the world today.

The fight must come as peaceful with the threat of violence. HOWEVER, everyone must be very clear that the threat of violence does NOT come with regards to harming innocent people, including those within the confines of the government. For any true revolutionary, one must remember that we fight for the Constitution and the rights protected therein, therefor we must act and lead by example for what the ideal future would be. Revolutionaries must act in virtue of self-defense and the attainment of liberty while maintaining good relations with the people.

The brunt of the battle will be fought within the media as it will be used to discredit and kind of uprising as simple terrorism, and they will use lies of all sorts to turn the people against such acts. That is why diligence will be key in the forthcoming battles, and the internet as well as other mobile media centers will prove crucial, as it already has, for spreading truth on a country and worldwide scale as to the true motivations of such revolutionaries.

This of course is all common sense. The Spirit of '76 still lives within some of us, however, I do not know if the people will every unify enough behind one banner to attempt any sort of change. I guess only time shall tell.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I can't find one thing in your post that I could disagree with. I believe that I, as with many others, can agree with what you have to say. My only question is should it be better to focus on one main topic, such as the Egyptians are focusing on the removal of Hosni Mubarak, in order to send a simple, clear message or should we tackle it all at once and hit them at all fronts? Also, how are we to not only unify the mass majority of the American public but, also, 'spark' their attention and direct it to where it needs to be?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

If the revolution was non violent, I would be more apt to be a part of it. If it goes down like our armchair revolutionaries want it to, with lots of innocent Americans being killed by their hands, I would have absolutely no part of it.

There are some that are so itching for a violent revolution that they would use any excuse they can to try and incite one. They themselves however, won't lift a finger to do anything, but want to encourage others to start shooting.

These people in my opinion are the biggest cowards in the world, they are reckless and irresponsible, and have no moral core to them whatsoever.

If there is someone on the net trying to get you to start shooting people, please, don't listen to them, they aren't going to have your back, because they are too cowardly to get out of the basement and stand beside you.

If there is to be a revolution in this country I would like for it to be a peaceful one. It is possible despite the cowards who call themselves "the forefathers of the new revolution" assertion that violence is the only option left.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

With any kind of uprising there will be lives lost. Stupid people do stupid things. There are always stupid people in the mix. However, there will always be a good number of people that will be able to push pass all the stupid mistakes made by the stupid people. These stupid people may even be paid for by the stupid government so it's quite easy to get mixed up with the incite-fullness whenever you've got the guys we are protesting against to cause any sort of violence in the first place. I think Egypt is a great example of this and there may be no way around it but if we are to do the best job we can to keep it as peaceful as possible, we just simply need to keep everything out in the open. Keep an eye on everything and communicate with one another and we should be fine. There is no reason to fear but fear itself. If we continue to fear the worst outcome possible, it will only continue to poison our mind so we must put fear aside and focus on the bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Exactly, if someone is suggesting to you that starting to kill people is the right choice, obviously they are one of those stupid people. These people should be outed for who they really are, a detriment to real change.

I have been talking with some of these armchair revolutionaries, and, when you really talk to them, freedom doesn't seem to be on the plate for their revolution, what it appears is, either their way or to be executed. To me, the threat of execution doesn't sound like freedom.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by zoso28
You all should know the story of the American Revolution, and how in its simplest form, our forefathers rebelled against their oppressors, who happened to be one of the world superpowers at the time, because of "taxation without representation." These men, mostly of wealth and priviledge, risked their lives, despite impossible odds, for the hope of a better way. That is not to say they were not flawed, as all humans are. But they stood up and fought for freedom and independence, risking everything, and against all odds, they won.

Or, portrayed more accurately...

"You all should know the story of the American revolution, and how in its simplest form, white people's forefathers rebelled against other white people in order to maintain maximum profits. These men, mostly of wealth and privilege, mostly avoided combat themselves, instead levying mass conscription among the lower classes, enabling their fellow wealthy to loan a few slaves in lieu of service. They risked these men's lives against a world empire who really didn't notice so much, embroiled as it was in a war with an actual threat over much wealthier portions of its empire. They did so in order to remove the taxes of great Britain from their shoulders, allowing them to retain a maximum amount of profit from their massive slave plantations. They stood up and had conscripts die unpaid for profit margins and personal gain, risking very little, against minor odds, and they won.

And promptly set about killing all those pesky brown people to the west, to make room for bigger plantations.

So what i am looking for here is feedback from my fellow ATS'ers, both Americans and otherwise, on how you could see the New American Revolution, circa 2011, going down.

Fat white people sitting on the couch, talking to their TV sets, and waiting for people less lethargic than themselves to do something about all the stuff they're misinformed about. You know, like the last 70 years of American history.

Lets take into account what rallied our forefathers, and how it compares to our times.

Slavery is - rather miraculously, all things considered - still illegal. I suppose you could still make a profit from growing tobacco if you used pennies-to-the-dollar illegal labor, but still nothing beats free.

Lets put some thought into this and try to refrain from getting bogged down in U.S. bashing or flag waving. There are dozens of other threads you can go to if your into that. Let us concentrate on the common ground, if it exists, that can unite enough Americans, regardless of race, gender, religion, or bank balance, as a potent revolutionary force.

Facts are uncomfortable! Let's avoid them.

You see, you're asking us to find "common ground" while you are extolling the godlike virtues of men who oppressed, robbed, and forced people like you into military service for personal gain, while killing other people like you in a treasonous war. Men who enslaved and raped people like my girlfriend, and who massacred people like myself. Men who did all this because it would get them a little bit more profit, and then went and made this great mythologized lie about themselves being the beacons of liberty and freedom in the universe - a mythology that has led us to do everything from committing genocide from sea to see on our own continent, and engage in numerous bloody wars and invasions elsewhere.

You need better heroes to rally around. Might I suggest John Brown? Helen Keller? Mary Harris Jones? Black Hawk? Hinmuuttu-yalatlat? Martin L. King? Cesar Chavez? Even Henry Thoreau is a more admirable example of an American revolutionary to follow in the footsteps of.
edit on 6/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Ok.. so I live in the Kansas City Area. I think it would be best if we were to locate members that live close by and create some sort of organization face to face rather than just sticking with a keyboard and a monitor so that we could make some real progress. Anybody else from Kansas City?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
You know what I was thinking.. We should have this reposted but with a different name to gather more attention because this is a really serious topic of discussion. I know you say that this has been talked about on ATS many times but we need to get serious about this. Now is the time. We don't have any better time than this because while we just sit here and watch the rest of the world rise up and protest the atrocities set in place by their governments, all we do is grow complacent and do nothing about it. Sure we can post all we want right here on ATS, but what is that going to change? It's time to become serious about this and I am completely willing, even enthused, by the idea of getting something organized right here in Kansas City, the Heartland of the nation. We all need to get something organized and begin to seriously consider networking via social media and meet face to face if we want to get this off the ground. Other countries are doing it, so why not us? Let's do this. In all honesty, I do not know why we've waited for so long. The longer we wait, the worse it gets so why keep waiting? It doesn't matter what you think the outcome will ever be but if we try and fail, try try again because you're only a loser if you don't give it a try in the first place. I could go on with motivational anecdotes forever. The point is that it is time to get off our @sses and begin to organize the most important event of our lives. What do ya say?
edit on 6-2-2011 by coolmanmike because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by coolmanmike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ok.. so I live in the Kansas City Area. I think it would be best if we were to locate members that live close by and create some sort of organization face to face rather than just sticking with a keyboard and a monitor so that we could make some real progress. Anybody else from Kansas City?

That would be against the Terms and Conditions that you agreed to when signing up for this site.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Egypt used Twitter and Facebook to coordinate their efforts. Largely the anti government protests were peaceful, I somehow doubt that many who would take up your offer would be. Please be careful of who you recruit, because some people have an agenda that has nothing to do with freedom or peace.
edit on 2/6/2011 by whatukno because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You wanna keep playing by the rules, be my guest. We've been playing by the rules for way too long now. How else do you think we've gotten ourselves into this situation in the first place?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Like you said, Egypt used Twitter and Facebook to organize their efforts. I did say via social media.. either way, I'm willing to get serious about a serious topic. Nit Pick all you like but this is not an issue to nit pick.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
And, this is in no way a solicitation of recruiting. This is a message for the people, by the people to become organized. To recruit, you need a leader. The leader is YOU. We are all leaders because we are not followers.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You wanna keep playing by the rules, be my guest. We've been playing by the rules for way too long now. How else do you think we've gotten ourselves into this situation in the first place?

Years and years of voter apathy got us here, if you really want change and really want to live in a free society, it will take years and years of productive, peaceful efforts to turn the tide. This all can be done without a single shot being fired by anyone, it's hard to create, it's easy to destroy.

This last election shot huge holes in the theory that your vote does not count.

Lisa Murkowski is a perfect example of why your vote does count and your vote does matter and your vote can make a difference. She was a write in candidate, and she won.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'd like to refer you to one of my favorite quotes from a man named George Carlin. "The Politicians are put there to give you the Idea that you have Freedom of Choice. You don't." Need I say more?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join