It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The spirit of '76, and the New American Revolution of 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You all should know the story of the American Revolution, and how in its simplest form, our forefathers rebelled against their oppressors, who happened to be one of the world superpowers at the time, because of "taxation without representation." These men, mostly of wealth and priviledge, risked their lives, despite impossible odds, for the hope of a better way. That is not to say they were not flawed, as all humans are. But they stood up and fought for freedom and independence, risking everything, and against all odds, they won.

So what i am looking for here is feedback from my fellow ATS'ers, both Americans and otherwise, on how you could see the New American Revolution, circa 2011, going down. Lets take into account what rallied our forefathers, and how it compares to our times. Lets put some thought into this and try to refrain from getting bogged down in U.S. bashing or flag waving. There are dozens of other threads you can go to if your into that. Let us concentrate on the common ground, if it exists, that can unite enough Americans, regardless of race, gender, religion, or bank balance, as a potent revolutionary force.

I will post my ideas later, and look forward to some interesting banter and debate.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I've got a few ideas of how we could approach this but there is one I've been focusing on for a while now. I've come to the conclusion that if you really dig deep enough to find what the foundation of all of our problems not only in this country but worldwide is then you'd find it to be the Federal Reserve, the root of all evil. They've destroyed the fundamentals of what should really matter to our country. They've taken and taken and never give back. The money we pay in taxes is sent off to them to cover just a fraction of the interest due on the actual amount owed. We contribute to the evil wars produced by the US of A. There is no end in sight.. That is unless we take a stand and begin to protest country wide. We have 12 districts and 35 or so Federal Reserve Banks in this country and if we could get enough people to surround these buildings for a significant amount of time and protest the # out of them then I believe that we could really make some kind of change. I can expound a little bit more later but let me know what you think and hit me back with your thoughts.
edit on 6-2-2011 by coolmanmike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i think one of the only issues that everybody could rally around would be ending the fed...however, without a free media, this will never happen, especially since everybody willing to die for freedom has been deceived into joining the military under false pretenses

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

That is unfortunate but I think with social media, it may be accomplished. Look at Egypt. They've set a huge precedent and even though most of their social media was shut down in the midst of protesting, they were still able to organize themselves. Al Jazeera, also, played a big part in it. They are working on getting in the U.S. and shouldn't be too difficult because they are well respected with many organizations over here.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
this will be a far different revolution than 1776. this is what I have done: I maxed out my credit cards on survival gear just as my house was falling into foreclosure. since I knew my credit rating was going to be in the tank I just stopped using banks all together. At the moment, I cash my pay check at bank of america and deal only in cash. DO NOT USE THE BANKS. They are the root of all evil and I refuse to deal with them. yes it is a pain. but It is a minor sacrifice. STARVE THE BEAST.
READ: "The War of the Flea" by Robert Taber. It is the definitive guide to guerrilla warfare. It was written in 1965, but can be applied to the current situation using modern techniques such as computer hacking. it should give you some low tech legal ideas to initialize a social paradigm shift. large changes come from small choice.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I really beleive that nothing will change and NO american revolution will happen until you guys grow some nu-nads.

People need to protest. Not violently. But you guys the U.S of A citizens have the numbers to defeat the gov't if only you could all see that we all the same.

"They" keep playing cards like the race card, like the rich and poor card, these cards are designed to keep us seperated. And as long as we fight against each other we will never defeat "them" and your american revolution will never happen.

I really beleive the only thing that scares the sh*t out of "them" is the amount of "us". But unfortunately "they" keep us seperated so for now "they" win and control our everything.

So IMO, if the people of the U.S of A want a revolution, become one, become what your country should be
UNITED.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by coolmanmike

I agree with your Fed Reserve opinions. Furthermore, look into Thomas Jefferson's ideas on banks. But I dont think protests are gonna do it. Not until a total shutdown occurs can enough people become desperate enough to be willing to revolt. i mean really lay it all on the line for the purpose of overthrowing the current version of government. I'm looking for that one rallying point or leader that can get enough of us that care and understand to gain enough momentum for the "sheeple", for lack of a better term, to join those of us who get it to be a sizable enough force to be reckoned with.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I thought Obe-one was meant to do what you speak of.

Isn't that why a record amount of americans voted.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

And United we are. Most people, at least people that I know, do not even think about what separates us. We can all see that we are a part of the same struggle trying to identify what's holding us back. That's all you need to do in order to unite a large amount of people is to identify the enemy, which in this case in the federal reserve banking system. Once more and more people realize how we're literally being sucked dry by these evil institutions then at it will take is a little spark to begin the movement. And, while we're at it, why not take advantage of social media networking? We're all pretty much attached to it anyways so why not utilize it for the better and come together in support of one mission. I think it can be done and I'll even be the one to help organize it in my own city. All we need are a few motivated individuals who are tired of getting bent over by the system. We could get thousands if not hundreds of thousands, or if we get lucky, millions in protests against the federal reserve banks across the country. Just like the old saying goes, history always repeats itself, but that's usually viewed in a bad manner, but with our innovativeness, I believe we can make history repeat itself in a good way.. the 1776 way! Now, who's with me!!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

I don't believe that it's mostly the government at fault. It's the banking institutions and the special interests who have gotten involved that have made the government corrupt. If you take away these variables, I believe that our government can go back to working the way it was before all these corrupt banking systems and corporations became involved. I know it may be a long shot, but we got to focus on one thing at a time. We can't go in there trying to change everything at once. Just like they've done to us over the past century, changing one little thing at a time so that we couldn't really notice a big difference until we find ourselves in some sort of ball and chains. If we are really looking at making any kind of change in the way this government operates, we need to focus on one thing at a time and since there are federal reserve banks all over the country, that would be a good focal point since people around the country would be able to participate in these protests.
edit on 6-2-2011 by coolmanmike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I can see a problem.

Majority of US citizens probably don't know that the FED is privately owned by "the freaks who are ruining OUR world all so there pockets are brimming."

I have asked people here in Australia and everyone of them thought the Gov't owned and ran the FED until I informed of the truth.

So do enough people know who runs the FED to get this revolution going?

And how much worse do things have to get before the revolution starts?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

i disagree. While we are working on that "one thing", the powers that be will take control of 3 other things, while we aren't looking. I'm sorry, i just dont see anything other than a total collapse followed by a rise from the ashes

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by washingtonsghost

That's funny ... I have done basically the same things. I also added some PM's to my stash to keep it well rounded.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I think the problem here is the US government has weapons that outclass our outdated weapons and overpowered us. There is no longer a fear of violent revolution because of their mighty weapons, they could end a riot from 3 miles away.
Maybe us average joe's should get Lockheed Martin to make some weapons for us so that we can have a the US government fear the people again.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

I know that many of us over here have been doing our best job to inform as many people as possible about the FED being a privately owned institution so I believe that once we begin to get something organized then we may be able to pull in a lot more support. All we need to do is build some credibility and get our family members and friends to spread the message and utilize social media networking the best possible way we can and spread the message even further. All it takes is one little spark and we can really get the ball rolling on this one.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Focusing on one thing and keeping the message simple and clear is the only way that we will ever be able to get what we want. We must remain firm and adamant with our demands and not budge. If we have to many demands, you will have too many differing opinions and the numbers will then begin to separate from one another, but if we keep the message simple and clear we can stay united and push as hard as we can until we get that one demand met. Once we get a demand met, we then can move onto the next one. All I'm saying is that we need to focus on one at a time. Sure we can have a few more than just one demand but we shouldn't rush things especially since we are still at the stage of 'talking'.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

The only thing you should fear is fear itself.

2nd line

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Stop paying taxes. If everyone did this there would be nothing our government could do about it. I'm sure most people wouldn't though, out of fear of being thrown in jail and losing their house, car, worldly possessions. The point is if even half the people stopped paying taxes, or even 25% of people stopped- that would be enough. You cannot fit an additional 50-100 million people in jail, and without these said people doing their jobs the system would collapse. We have the internet (for now) to coordinate and plan ideas, protests, and demonstrations nationwide. Unfortunately, it seems a lot of people today are deeply superficial (heh heh) and apathetic.
A Revolution that is successful would take much planning and a level of solidarity among people that I'm not sure exists anymore. Is it fear that compels us, or just laziness? What would be the rallying cry to bring us all together? Perhaps when and if things get bad enough and there is no more middle class, no more jobs, and no more unemployment the peasants may revolt. Other nations might be watching us on T.V. the way we are watching Egypt.
I hope to see a lot more responses to your thread, OP. Sharing our ideas is one of the greatest things we have in a free society.
PEACE

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RainDog

We could stop paying taxes but that wouldn't make the situation any better. Taxes are a must in any society but where those taxes go is the big question. If that tax money actually went back into the infrastructure of our country, we'd really see some big, positive change.

Unfortunately, we do have a lot of people who can talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. I recently experienced this when I presented the idea of protesting the federal reserve right here in Kansas City, and he had no reply whatsoever. He's always talking about sticking it to the man but when it comes time to actually do something, he remains silent in the comfort of his own home.

There's really not that much planning that needs to be done. We just need a little publicity and some kind of spark then we're off. Publicity could come in the form of social media networking and the spark could come in many forms. If you have any ideas on that one, please feel free to share.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

i live in a block of 14 apartments, every year we get together and have a meeting (body corporate) to decide new rules, or how to spend our collective money on repairs etc. every year the meeting ends with people hating each other. 14 people can't decide on simple matters, good luck getting 250 million people deciding on complex matters.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join