It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 19th Snow Storm!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don't buy it and I'm not surprised that this topic got "promoted" along with other weather-doom threads.

Seriously people, if you can't go one day, ONE day without predicting doom, then you really don't have much of a life.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Are you kidding me?

Alex Jones is one of them. I wouldn't place much stock in what he says.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It is possible to predict weather far in advance. Check out Pier Corbyn. Hes an astro physicist and independant weatherman. He has predicted with great accuracy all of the crazy weather the world has being seeing this year. He looks at the solar patterns/winds and predicted all of the freezing weather in the uk when the UKs official weather centre, the Met Office, said it would be a mild winter.

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

That is so weird. I have never heard in all of my years any weatherman predicting a snow storm more than a month away from the current date. He has his storm predicted to the day also, which is also very disturbing.

Weather patterns are so unpredictable that you cannot predict a storm even a week before it occurs.

When he says "significant" does he mean 20 inches of snow, or does he mean "The Day After Tomorrow" type of scenario?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
I don't buy it and I'm not surprised that this topic got "promoted" along with other weather-doom threads.

Seriously people, if you can't go one day, ONE day without predicting doom, then you really don't have much of a life.

No where in my OP was the word DOOM used. You brought that here.
I feel that people who drop into threads with nothing intelligent to share are the ones who need a life.

What's even more pathetic is that you clearly don't enjoy prediction threads (which is NOT my claim, I am just the messenger) yet you find yourself here. Who needs a life?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Its just SNOW. Can't believe people freak out about snow.

I'm going to predict COLD WEATHER in MARCH!!

Its also going to be hot come JULY and AUGUST...mark it down.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

MARCH 2011: temperature 33 ° (2 ° above avg. north, 2 ° below south); precipitation 1" (2" below avg.); Mar 1-4: Sunny, cool; Mar 5-10: Snow, then sunny, cool; Mar 11-15: Rainy periods, mild; Mar 16-22: Rain to snow, turning cold; Mar 23-28: Snow showers, then sunny, seasonable; Mar 29-31: Sprinkles, mild.

2011 Long-Range Weather Forecast for Northeast

Rain to snow, but I see no storm for March 19th. Oh well.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thought this was some good food for thought pertaining to the OP. Seems that the author would suggest March 19th as fairly reasonable period for heavy weather.

If you look at the storm events that happen at tidal peaks, you will see that the nature of the event depends on the time of the year when it occurs. Peaks in Sept and Oct favor hurricanes in the Atlantic, while peaks near the first of the year favor winter storms. In 2011 the tides peak on March 19, which is very near the equinox, so you have a good a chance of seeing tornadoes in Birmingham, as you do of seeing a winter storm, but because of what has happened before, I am expecting a late snow storm.

Extreme Lunar Perigee March 19, 2011 Means More Storms and Flooding

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Oh No!!
Supermoon is coming then too.
Just kidding. I totally see that this is NOT your prediction, in fact the weathermen make predictions on the weather weekly. Sometimes they are on, sometimes they are off.

Found this while searching March 19th.

Last I checked weather in NY for the 19th looks like it will be partly cloudy. No snow for you!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join