It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UCAV X-47B taking off and landing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Thats just so freaking cool looking at something so modern and high tech looking aircraft. This is already the future that I am happy to be alive to see as historical moment.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Yeah looks like something out of COD modern warfare.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Looks like a mini stealth bomber....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some great looking hardware right there, that combined with a few other tricks up their sleeves, looks like something to keep an eye on. Thanks for posting this video.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Nice. I looked up some info on this, I will share.

Armament
2 × GBU-31 JDAM (905 kg each)(2000 lb)

The X-47 began as part of DARPA's J-UCAS program, and is now part of the United States Navy's UCAS-D (Unmanned Combat Air System Demonstration) program to create a carrier-based unmanned aircraft.

link

A carrier based UAV with bombing capability. That's the future alright.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Nice to see my taxes being put to use on new school books... oh wait no wrong video.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Yep like a mini B2 spirit,crossed with a flying triangle....I wonder of it too has the ion flow anti gravity drive the b2 uses...
This, coupled with its stealth could give it some pretty good range or loiter time.....a deadly combo....
I asume all harware is internal mounted for radar cross section, and its probably gonna come with a rotary launcher/bombay when they figure it out how efficient that would be in giving this thing more durability.
It would be formidable indeed with a rotary six shooter like bombbay of JDAMS,and an air to air weapon or two also.
Simply dial up what you need.
Then they could stuff an anti ship missile or two in the thing as well.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
thats an awesome rc plane i want one
wonder if its easy to fly

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pittsburgh

Well now you guys have an even more efficient way of destroying little countries of brown people.

Hooray!

....though ill admit the little boy in me thought the plane was kinda cool.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I just came accross this on Air Attack and it mad me smile:

So whilst the Commies and Chinese are flying 5th Gen prototypes, US Navy if flying UCAVs almost off carriers. Imagine what they are doing you do see in the news! I recon Air to Air highly maouverable or they will go with lasers and rail guns.

Aside from that, I like the idea of in flight refuelling UAV's with next generation flight (point and click rather than remote controlled) just need to have a read on its payload, range and in service date targets!

new topics

top topics

join