It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy about the word Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This might be silly, but I have been told that the original word conspiracy actually means two or more breathing in unison.

Today, the word conspiracy is received as a negative connotation and means you are against an issue or group or whatever

The only remaining correlation really is that conspiracies bring people together to work in unison

So, have TPTB mixed the meanings of our words, used gammar against us all

So everyone do not be brought down by the ignorant understanding of what conspiring is, it is breathing together, thinking together, and finding the truth together

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

This might be silly, but I have been told that the original word conspiracy actually means two or more breathing in unison.
---
The only remaining correlation really is that conspiracies bring people together to work in unison
Well, replace "breathing" with scheming and it would almost be correct. A group of people working in unison to scheme a mass of people would be conspirators in the conspiracy. Then someone like us might come along a propose a conspiracy theory about their half-hidden scheming.

Today, the word conspiracy is received as a negative connotation and means you are against an issue or group or whatever
That would be a conspiracy theorist, typically depicted as an anti-social, semi-sane crack pot strongly against or for controversial issues.

edit on 5-2-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
There is a bit of truth to your idea on the semantics of the word 'conspiracy'. Conspiracy is a funny word anyway. You got me thinking so I did some quick checking in cyberspace and the definition concesus seems to gravitate towards a party of two or more people getting together to achieve a diabolical goal. I found it unique that as there is just about an opposite for everything, I had difficulty finding an antonym for the word "conspiracy". I saw someone volunteer and answer of "truth" or "loyalty" but among co-conspirators, it would be hard to find a more fierce loyalty and sense of honor, even if the means to the end were treacherous. Dictionary.com even had disassociation listed as an opposite and the two words are ambiguously opposite and only remotely related.

Words in the English language have been butchered for years. The fact that the word "conspiracy" has such a bad wrap should arouse suspicion in even those with the most remote wisdom. If those in power would write rules for everyone but themselves to obey, would it not be in their best interest to defend their devious position by making anyone who may accuse them of chicanery look like a crackpot? And if these in power who have done their best to educate us to the point that we be good little flag wavers to know that we must pick someone to lead us? By the way, it does not matter what party they come from. They all belong to the same club.

Sure, some conspiracy theories are kind of wacky. But people need to let wisdom be their guide and reason be their primary tool. Just between wisdom and reason, one can shave with Occam's razor. No world leader can have that much power, coupled with that kind of secrecy at their disposal, without commiting evil from time to time. It defies logic and human nature, no matter how well intentioned these world leaders may be.

Peace

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Sorry, I meant that the original latin word in which conspiracy is derived from meant two or more breathing in unison

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
This is about the time the word "conspiracy" had a change in definition.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Conspiracers (if that is a word, lol) conspire to get to the heart of the conspiracy -

where the truth lies.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hello there!
A few months ago I made a thread called The WORDS conspiracy... I advanced an idea much similar to yours.

I think TPTB did mislead us on the words true meanings. When you look at it, words have 2, 3 even 4 different meanings, so we tend to think it is ok, but when you look at some words, you can see a "pattern of disdain" towards us.

Let's take one. If I say I'm a pedophile, everybody will jump to the roof. But when you know the real meaning of the word, that is friends of children it is not shocking a bit. But I can't say I'm friendly with children, it looks bad. But what about someone that is dangerous towards children? How do you designate him/her? Pedomane? THAT is the word that should be used. But when using "pedophile", it is hard for any Justice System to send someone for a long time behind bars for being "friendly" to children. Strangely enough, that is what we observe in society today, the early release, and then hiring, of pedophiles in children related jobs... Makes you wonder... Made me, at least.

Think about it, if pedophile is a negative word, then philharmonic should, too. And philatelist too. And philanthropic... Or philosopher, etc. They're all philo to something. It should be bad, why is it not? I thought that laws was about precision of words, not perversion of them.

TPTB teach us the words we use, and they control the circumstances in which the words will be used. And some of these are pretty strange. Take the word happy. Who doesn't want to be happy? I don't. I never will again want to be happy, because, like everybody, I once did. The word happy ( and it is the exact same thing with the french equivalent ) is socially taken as meaning "be joyous", but in truth, the word means "be lucky". And luck is said to be a fruit of the Devil. So it is a bad thing, no? Surely, to wish luck, is to wish the Devil to someone we love. That should be damnable! ( Wish isn't a good word either, but I'll concentrate on happy. ) So why would TPTB teach us to cross damn ourselves? There must be a reason...

The words we use have been built by those who deceive us constantly. Perhaps the simple use of words numbs us without our knowing. Or rather, without our acknowledging it. In any ways, however the process works, we wish ourselves to be happy, we strive for happiness, and TPTB gladly gives us what we want in that regards. You can drink, drug yourself, do sports on a regular basis, go to the cinema, buy things, eat things, in brief, whatever gets you thru the night.
And while we are trying with all our might to be happy, we can hear or read that people at the top have destinies! Hey! I saw it in a movie about Pierre Jean Jacques! He really had a destiny!... Mmmbut the word destiny means project... So the Devil lies here, right there. While we are trying to be happy (to be lucky ( hoping everything will fall into place for us, like, magically! )), TPTB are busy having destinies (projects)...

Sometimes, it is so much in our face that we can't see it at all for what it is. Take the DEA, the Drug Enforcement Agency. They spend a lot of money to stop drug dealers, but the key word here is enforcement.
To enforce is to apply... Hmm... Well, drugs made overseas HAVE to cross the borders and be applied to drug addicts, no? Or if you prefer, it can mean compulsion. The Drug Compulsion Agency... Still, I can't see where they say their mandate is to stop the drug from reaching the streets. Ok, I know they "officially" say they exist for that reason, but what is the meaning of "to apply" or "compulsion", then? Where does it mean "to stop" in these synonyms? Because Drug Agency doesn't mean "to stop" the drugs either...

Words are images expressed differently. I think conspiracy should read as joined breath, meaning they are like one, thus not part of the others. Not being part of the others gives you the image of something you can't touch. Spouse in french is said conjoint, meaning "joined" by the "vagina", because... the word CON- is a french word that means vagina. And from that old word, in french you have vache ( cow ) and bourse, sacoche ( purse ). It became C.U.N.T in english, but when it is used as con- it means, like in french, "to join", or, a "place to be filled". The image is all there, either as a 'joining" ( of whatever follows ), or a hole into which you can put things... Like compulsion is not a joined urge, but an urge that needs to be filled... or a construction is a joined structure.

The list is long and at one point, you can't help but think that it is informed, articulate and intelligent individuals that "codified" the languages. And since it has been codified by people that claim to be above you, you can definitely say there is a conspiracy going on... The real question becomes: is it for my good at all? And before you answer, remember that the people that codify the languages are "knighted" for their work... That's their lowest rank...

Ah, it's late here and I "hope" I'm making sense,

new topics

top topics

join