It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the weather really changing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
OK, I am not looking for a whole load of youtube videos to be referenced to me, or paragraph after papragraph of what some "expert" said. I want you to sit down and take a minute to remember the weather back when you a kid.

Is the weather really that different then to now?

I am from Australia and as far back as I can remember this great country of mine has always had extreme weather.

Some summers we suffered the worst droughts were residents could only water there gardens on specific days and times as implemented by the gov't, and day after day of scorching 40oC +.

Other summers our dams were soooo full that we could play under the sprinkler on the front lawn all day and my parents would water the garden any day and time they liked.

Some winters were sooo cold that you wonder if it will ever warm up again. and some winters were exteremly mild, not really needing to put the heater on.

I guess what I am trying to say is that IMO our weather is no different now than when i was a kid.

The only difference is the media.

Every storm is now going the worst in history.

I mean take for example cyclone yasi that beared down on Queensland this week.

The media scared everyone half to death by saying, "this will be the worst cyclone in the history of Australia."

Well it wasn't. Don't get me wrong it was devastating for the residents of far north queensland, but no where near the severity the media were saying.

And then when the weather event that the media are covering isn't as bad as they pedicted, they cover them selves by saying, well it could have been much worse if..........

One tv show even had a countdown as to when yasi was going to make land. Oh please.

I guess what I am trying to say is that IMO the media are scare mungering us, even about the weather.

So, i ask you to sit down, take a moment to really think back to your childhood and tell me.....is the weather really that different to now.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I think it has changed and that the extremes of hot and cold,drought and flood the earth has experienced is not the norm whether this is temporary due to La Nina or more permanent due to a more active sun I do not know but history tells us at one stage this planet had no polar icecaps whatsoever at another stage there were glaciers down to the meditteranean sea so we know the whole planets weather does change.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
East coast of Canada here and like you ,its weather as usual ..I told the wife the other day it seems that
we live in a very insignificant place on the earth ..The weather is not unusual ,we have only ever had one earth quake
that we can remember in 55 plus years and some winters are mild and others are cold .The msm are so bad at predicting the weather they use % chance of whatever just so they are never wrong and even then they get it wrong .

We are at a time in history that we have threw the net info overload .The more I look the more I find and the more
I find makes me want to go for a walk ...peace

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
hi newbe! global warming IS real! So ya the weather is changing.
Watch the nato governments try in a vain attempt to dimm the sunlight by chem-trailing daily.
i hope you are not young for you will not see 55 like me.
Get pissed for it is your life, or argue about why they chem-trail. seems these trails they spray seem to always spread out to haze the sky doesnt it???--why would poison have to be haze ???you dummies that think they are spraying for this reason--i laugh
Fight for your world or die like a coward, its your choice
GLOBAL EXPANSION IS A DIRECT RESULT OF WARMING OF THE ATMOSPHERE! what does a couple of degrees warming in the atmosphere mean to expansion of the earth??? WE ARE GOING TO FIND OUT SOON ENOUGH!!!
I am watching some pigs beat a kid down on the ground right now on cnn and i think -NO HOPE,

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

the problem with the theory of using chemtrails to dim the sunlight in order to stop global warming is that while in the u.s of a and europe there maybe chemtrails which blanket the sky, here in OZ we may see one chemtrail every other day. why wouldn't they blanket the whole planet?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
My answer is Yes and No

The weather is changing from what we used to know. This planet follows cycles which, adjust the seasons accordingly. It is my understanding that the orbit of Earth around the sun goes from a close to perfect circular orbit to that of a more stretched out oval. If that is the case it would reason that during severe stretches of that orbit the earth would be farther away from the sun than it has been in a really long time. Thus it would produce much stronger winters. Such as this week where it actually snowed in San Antonio for the first time in like 20 years. There are also many other factors that can change the weather. Such as a large or mega volcano, that errupts and blocks the sun rays for months or years. This can drop temperatures drastically. During the American Revolution was the end of a mini-ice age some believe that was brought on by a volcano in the pacific. Then there is meteors, or man's attempt to tamper with it. This planet is a living creature. Not a dead piece of rock.

top topics

join