It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google embedding code when you click their links.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Now, I am not saying that they are not justified, I don't care discussing that right now. I am just under the impression that this is a recent development, can someone confirm?

No one bothers to type web addresses on their browser anymore. We just go to Google and write: aboveto
and then, bang we see the result and click on it.

What should happen is straightforward, dns resolving the IP for ATS and so on and so forth. But recently (I think) and probably for their realtime tracking or something, this is where the browser goes first:

www.google.co.uk... swb50vGRDQ&usg=AFQjCNEo4TdZCBl9DUGu6x61J_ha_c5slA&cad=rja

What the hell does it mean...

Best Regards,

O

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oniris

Yeah, they are click tracking. So a link from any google result does not link directly to the target site, but rather back to google so that they can log what you clicked and then redirect you on to the site you wanted to go to.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
The main reason they do this is to evaluate their SERPs (search engine results pages). In the past Google indexed search results by backlinks and pagerank on a 3-monthly base, these days they check what links get clicked for which search terms. This means SERPs will be updated in real-time, this was easily noticeable during the WikiLeaks-eruption, the SERPs changed almost every hour

edit on 5-2-2011 by AphexTwins because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniris

What should happen is straightforward, dns resolving the IP for ATS and so on and so forth. But recently (I think) and probably for their realtime tracking or something, this is where the browser goes first:

htt p://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abovetopsecret.com%2F&rct=j&q=abovetopsecret&ei=_gJOTdDxNIbGswb 50vGRDQ&usg=AFQjCNEo4TdZCBl9DUGu6x61J_ha_c5slA&cad=rja

What the hell does it mean...

I am going to check this out.

The conspiracy theorist in me see's the USG= in that link and i think US Govt tracking code added to their search database query.

may be time to use Startpage web search engine to search as anonymous.

edit: its not there for google australia. but the UK is more glued to the US teat (security agency wise)
edit on 6-2-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Good point, anyway, with this technique, they can store in their systems every site a given IP has visited.

I you are paranoid, I would advise copy pasting the web address of the websites you visit, instead of clicking on google's results. I know I sure will from now on.

Cheers,
edit on 6-2-2011 by oniris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Interesting thought that usg could be US government tracking code... But my thought is... Do you really think google is working with the US government to track people?

This is the same company that pulled completely out of China because of their government meddling with their website, censoring results, blocking whole pages etc.... There was also a humans rights issue... This is the same company that has a history of refusing to turn over search results to the government...

Some how I doubt they are that anxious to work with any government to track it's people...

All that is done is they do track what websites people visit in order to further improve their search engine... It bounces the address you are visiting, back to google then it forwards you to the site....They are merely improving their search engine.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Interesting thought that usg could be US government tracking code... But my thought is... Do you really think google is working with the US government to track people?

This is the same company that pulled completely out of China because of their government meddling with their website, censoring results, blocking whole pages etc.... There was also a humans rights issue... This is the same company that has a history of refusing to turn over search results to the government...

Some how I doubt they are that anxious to work with any government to track it's people...

All that is done is they do track what websites people visit in order to further improve their search engine... It bounces the address you are visiting, back to google then it forwards you to the site....They are merely improving their search engine.

I don't totally agree, they accepted all of China's censorship rules and only pulled out once Zhongguo's government tried to hack them.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hi again, if you dislike instant search you can use this as your homepage:
www.google.com...

I've also noticed an increase in speed, due to not being interrupted by crap as I type.
edit on 26-3-2011 by oniris because: of the placebo effect

top topics

join