It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whole Foods Caves to Monsanto...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
It's getting harder and harder to fight the most evil company on the planet.
Seems like something drastic is going to have to happen to stop these
psychopaths.

After 12 years of battling to stop Monsanto's genetically-engineered (GE) crops from contaminating the nation's organic farmland, the biggest retailers of "natural" and "organic" foods in the U.S., including Whole Foods Market (WFM), Organic Valley and Stonyfield Farm, have agreed to stop opposing mass commercialization of GE crops, like Monsanto's controversial Roundup Ready alfalfa.

Whole Foods Caves to Monsanto

I apologize ahead of time if this has been posted before. Did a search and could not find it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ungh. Noooo! This is not good news at all. Stoneyfield? That doesn't surprise me, they're owned by Dannon. Sadly most of the big organic companies have been co-opted by mega food corps.

I really pray that WF doesn't start carrying GMO junk. Whole Paycheck is one of the few places I feel comfortable shopping, especially during the dead of winter when local farmers' markets aren't available.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I had not heard this, very very bad news. I love Whole Foods greatest shopping experience in America is shopping
at the Austin TX downtown location. Not sure about your source. If true I am so sorry they caved, sad.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Whole Foods already carries GMO anyway in corporate brands like Kashi, morningstar, etc, so this was inevitable...unfortunately there is nothing safe to eat anymore...there is no longer hope...there can only be revolution...we need a grassroots campaign to start finding GMO crops, uprooting them, and using force to prevent the grassroots operations from being interrupted...their headquarters should be ransacked and destroyed...the problem is that anybody willing to give their lives for freedom has been deceived into joining the armed forces, while the rest of us are just talkers...Monsanto must be stopped, anybody who works for them is evil and does not deserve to be alive...i hope that hell exists, so every single one of those f###ers can burn for eternity...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Even with Whole Paycheck, you have to be very picky and watch what you're buying. I've always known that. I stick to certified organic, and despite the brands I wouldn't touch, they still have a lot better selection of certified organic than Dominix or Jewel, with cheaper prices on those products. At least that's the case in Northern Cook County IL.

top topics

join