It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinai gas pipeline blast. Cairo diverts supplies to Israel, Jordan for domestic use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Sinai gas pipeline blast. Cairo diverts supplies to Israel, Jordan for domestic use

www.debka.com

Egypt's suspension of gas supplies to Israel after the North Sinai pipeline was blown up Saturday, Feb 5 has suddenly cut Israel off from 25-30 percent of its gas needs and 80 percent of Jordan's. After the blast, Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmad Shafiq announced that gas supplied to both countries under contract would henceforth be diverted to domestic requirements. Israel is also deeply concerned by spreading Hamas occupation of North Sinai and on high alert for more sabotage of its power installations.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow...this isnt good. I wonder whats going to happen when the militants try and disrupt Suez Canal transit? Im wondering if that is the REAL reason the US is sending warships. I know its under the guise of evacuations and very well may be but when you start messing with energy supplies things escalate quickly. I dont think many folks realize that there is much more going on over there than just riots and demonstartions. things could get out of hand quickly.

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

So this is the real reason, it had to be the Israel was taking a cut so the mafia moved in to amp up the fires.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The proper response will come in due time.

The NeoCaanaites will be punished!

In His name!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Maybe a false flag for Judea/Islamic economic purposes ???

its happened before !

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

An armed Bedouin group in June threatened to attack the pipeline, security officials said, leading Egyptian authorities to beef up security around the pipeline and terminal.

Police relations with the region's former nomads are often tense, with the Bedouin complaining of routine harassment and discrimination.

Activists accuse the police of exploiting concerns about the pipeline to crack down on the community.

Human rights groups have criticised Egyptian policy towards the Bedouin, who faced harsh police treatment after a series of bombings in Sinai resorts between 2004 and 2006 which killed dozens of Egyptians and foreign tourists.

Egypt supplies about 40 percent of Israel's natural gas, and in December, four Israeli firms signed 20-year contracts worth up to 10 billion dollars (7.4 billion euros) to import Egyptian gas.

news.yahoo.com...

and this STILL happened anyway, despite ""beefed up security"" ?????

especially with Egypt in turmoil !!!!

and how many people know about ""Egypt supplies about 40 percent of Israel's natural gas"" ?????

sounds like a concerted collusionary effort to me !!!!

The attack came after Israel expressed concern that its natural gas supplies from Egypt could be threatened if a new regime takes power in Cairo.

"We again realize that the Middle East is not a stable region. We must act to ensure our energy security without relying on others," a spokesman for Israel's National Infrastructure Minister Uzi Landau said on Tuesday.

NO KIDDING !

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Just watched on msnbc that Israel was "weighing military expansion" into the Sinai peninsula... in other words, the proverbial S is about to HTF.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Just watched on msnbc that Israel was "weighing military expansion" into the Sinai peninsula... in other words, the proverbial S is about to HTF.

son of a hockey puck.
ugh. time to pray.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
We'll see what happens when the US military arrives on station "for evacuation of US civvies", (in other words, military backup for Israel), the plan is probably to keep the Arab states from going ape-sh*t when Israel pulls a power play in Sinai with Egypt potentially going to the Muslim Brotherhood (i.e., Hamas on the Nile)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZionSteel

Really now, taking credit? what exactly do you think occurred. I tink we would all like to know. I am pretty sure there is a difference between the idea of God and the aspirations of small zionist men.

new topics

join