It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flying Translucent Ray-Shaped Cryptid - Hampton Bays, New York

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I received a very interesting email on 2/3/2011 that described an encounter with a 'manta ray' shaped flying entity on Long Island. A witness in West Virginia describe a similar sighting a few years ago (the links to that encounter are in the post). I honestly don't know how to classify this....either a cryptid or, possibly, a UFO.

Flying Translucent Ray-Shaped Cryptid - Hampton Bays, New York

It appeared translucent/transparent; no color whatsoever - no visible structure outside of the motion which indicated what it looked like; now, I myself am a visual artist, so this left a very distinct impression on me. This 'creature' was shaped and moving in the way a Manta Ray would; yet completely transparent! No color at all; I could see the stars through this thing; the only thing to allow the structure any appearance was the moonlight shining somehow on its' exterior!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Total DeJeVu on this one. You should check back threads and the web for other sightings. I'm sure I've heard this description before.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ever hear of the atmospheric beasts phenomenon? This sounds a lot like one. If you look you should be able to find a lot of information on them online and on ATS.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

I do like it when some more unusal cryptid type is posted! Gets a little stale hearing just about BigFoot or Nessie. I concur it might be one of the upper atmosphere critters. I haven't read anything new on those for years.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Very interesting! I love hearing of "new" cryptids. I've never heard of Atmospheric beasts before reading the posts on this thread, so I had to do a search & have myself a little read. I found a few threads on here Atmospheric Beasts

Flying Jellyfish

Wikipedia page on Atmospheric beasts

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Well, I have two possible answers that may explain these sightings. First; It could be secret military aircraft utilizing some new cloaking technology where the surface of the aircraft takes on the characteristics of the sky behind it. My second choice would be that; This could be a land sighting of one of the undersea creatures depicted in the movie "Abyss."

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I experienced the same sort of "creature" in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, around 1993. I was walking through a public park late at night and saw a transluscent manta ray flying about thirty feet above me. The sky was overcast, and the city lights were casting a dull, gray glow off the clouds, which caused the outer "skin" of the thing to shine enough to be seen. No way was it big enough to be a craft (unless the aliens were chihuahua-sized); I think it was some sort of inter-dimensional entity.

It's rate of flight was steady, graceful, and unhurried. It simply came and went. It was beautiful--and utterly strange. I've wondered for years what it was, but sort of forgot about it until recently. Was really excited to find this post and discover that someone else has experienced this.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Wow. This sounds amazing. i would have loved to have seen it. my guess is that it's an interdimensional being but could just be weather conditions, like when the air appears to wobble in hot countries.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
my uncle has been lived in hampton bays for 40 years, and goes fishing once a week in the channel. I'll ask him if he's heard of this from the locals cheers !

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

While I'm not too keen usually on seeing anything out of the ordinary, I have to admit this is one creature I would like to see, but with several other reliable witnesses and a good videographer and camera with me!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I was thinking of the same here.www.youtube.com...

and also,i will ad some more info.
Because i think this could explain alot of the sightings of lights in the sky.
TPTB keep us thinking they are ufo's, in this fashion we keep believing in extra-terrestrial coming to visit.
So when we happen to see one of our super secret crafts we think it's from out of this world when in fact they
are our own. if there are life forms in the likes of some animal, brain wise.
They would be no threat to national security. It would also explain why TPTB said that ufo's are no threat to our
national security because they are not intelligent beings, they are only life forms.

Atmospheric beasts are the strangest of the flying monsters from cryptozoology. According to eyewitness reports, they are things that seem like living creatures, but they break all the usual rules that we apply to living things. They fly without the need for wings and their bodies are only semi-solid, often partially invisible to boot. Many atmospheric beast sightings were originally classified as really unusual UFO reports (in the sense of UFOs being defined as supposed alien spacecraft or machines of some other sort, not in the technical sense of being unidentified flying objects). Noted Bigfoot author Ivan T. Sanderson devoted an entire book to the theory that many UFOs are actually extremely low density animals native to the clouds. One of the most famous atmospheric beasts is the Crawfordsville Monster, sighted in Indiana in 1891, which some researchers classify as a dragon.
For those who believe, atmospheric beasts are very fragile and lightweight creatures who are either native to Earth or are aliens that came from elsewhere. If the latter view is taken, then atmospheric beasts are sometimes thought to have originated in the atmosphere of some other planet, but they can also be thought of as originating in interstellar gas clouds so that they are, in effect, aliens without a native planet, able to "swim" through space. Believers generally consider atmospheric beasts to be non-intelligent, so that even if these creatures did originate somewhere other than earth, they still don't count as sentient extraterrestrials. They're just animals.

more info...
www.newanimal.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
This is wild stuff. It sounds very pleasant. Jellyfish of the sky.
Let's just get a massive net and catch one.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
well uncle Lee hasn't heard anything like this, but he said it's a cool idea

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

i once found a video about air born stingrays, the photos wernt very convincing to me but maybe they were right
affiliate.kickapps.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
A little late on response to this however, my name is Jeni and I originally sent this to Lon Strickler at the 'Phantoms and Monsters' blog (naturalplane.blogspot.com...) in response to one of the only reports I'd seen of something like this.

I'm relieved to hear that others have witnessed something similar (albeit very far away from Long Island) and to find this information regarding "Airborne Beasts'. As I stated in my original email, my then-fiancé was also there and is highly skeptical but still remembers this as if it were yesterday. I've continued searching the internet to see if I could find similar accounts but have yet to find one on Long Island. I'm now 31 (25 at the time of the incident) and this was the one and only time that I've ever witnessed something so unique. I do believe it was a living entity - it was so fluid and the movement was so similar to a ray or a bird even.

I've returned to the jetty several times since it is a peaceful place, still hoping to get a better look at whatever it is and have never seen anything similar. The experience haunts me and as previously stated, the memory is crystal clear and it was in fact quite beautiful. So difficult to describe since it was transparent, not translucent - the movement and moonlight were the only indicators of the shape of this creature.

In any case, thank you for posting this - if anyone has any additional info or experienced something similar, please feel free to contact me.

Edit: It didn't seem much like a 'craft' as it seemed too fluid and was definitely not a typical ray jumping out of the water - this thing was hovering and swooping directly over my head (approx. 10-15' above me), just where the water breaks onto the shore - very shallow water. I would love to have had a camera! I've grown up on the island and have been out east, to that specific location, more times than I can count - my then-fiance witnessed the exact same thing as well... I'm still at a loss as to what it was but am grateful for the experience!
edit on 6/15/2012 by Harlow1322 because: Re-read above posts, checked links cited and wanted to clarify a bit.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ok... I can´t believe what I'm reading!!

I have never seen one myself, but my sisters had an experience involving what sounds very much like what you guys describe.
It was about three years ago. One of my sisters was in the backyard with the dogs whereas the other was in a room inside the house. I was not there at the time.
According to what my sisters have described several times, they suddenly felt- they didn´t see, but felt- that something HUGE was flying over the backyard, something that they described for no reason as "like a manta ray". They have described it as such every time, even though they didn´t see it. They just felt it swoop over the backyard and leave as quickly as it arrived. To make it even more extraordinary, the dogs had started growling before the thing appeared, their fur standing up, as if faced with a larger, dangerous animal. Both my sisters said they felt that the invisible "manta ray" was threatening. Again, the whole thing is weirder because none of them saw it, but they both sensed it, described it as being "like a manta ray" and felt the current of air it caused.

I am always very skeptical whenever I'm not there to experience things myself, but I have no reason to doubt them, especially because they seemed genuinely scared when they described it, and even refused to go back to the backyard for a while because of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Medieval1028

I dont know if this is still active. Back in around 2000 I was laying on the hood of my car with a friend as we were talking. After about 30 minutes of staring into the stars, I noticed a plane sized manta like creature flying above me. It was transparent in the sense i could see the stars behind it. But I could easily tell that something was there. Its "wings" flapped like a manta, slow and graceful. At the time, I had never even seen a manta before, so i had nothing to base it on. Another strange thing about it, as it flew, it was completely silent. The only reason I know i wasnt just imagining things was because the tears on my friends eyes comfirmed the strange thing we had seen. It wasnt scary at all, it was more serene than anything. I can still cleary remember that night 18 years later.

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: smartTiger Also, this was in Kansas by the way. It flew just above the tree line height. But it was large enough that had it been an aircraft or bird, there would have easily been noise or gust of wind how close it was.

posted on Apr, 3 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: smartTiger

Sky Creatures... Some look like leafs and stingrays.
The original file has at least 9 of these passes in it.
To think the sky has been empty for billions of years is ludicrous.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join