It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony's Qrio Demo of Dancing Robots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Sorrry if this has already been posted

I'm still looking for more info on these little robots
they are interesting to watch

Tokyo Japan, December 18th, 2003 - Sony Corporation today announced the development of dramatically enhanced motion of Sony's humanoid robot, enabling integrated motion control for walking, jumping and running. By applying this technology to QRIO, which is one of Sony's technology platforms, Sony has successfully created the world's first* running humanoid robot.

Running humanoid robot experiment utilizing QRIO

The new 'walking, jumping, running movement control' technology which Sony has developed this time accomplishes motion involving both feet losing contact with the floor at the same time, which means it is a motion control technology enabling stable running and jumping. The seamless addition of motion control based on this new technology enabling running and jumping, has lead to the development of a robot having outstanding motion capabilities
yes they do, they can dance now

www.sony.net...

it's worth it to see these dance, if they were not so small you would swear they are people in costumes, click the link below pc.watch.impress.co.jp...

[edit on 14-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yes it is pretty amazing the advancements that are taking place in robotics! I remember a few years back when robots could barely move at all, and now they are dancing aswell as most humans(better than most actually!). I predict that with a few years robots will begin to show up more in the home as help.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sigma
Yes it is pretty amazing the advancements that are taking place in robotics! I remember a few years back when robots could barely move at all, and now they are dancing aswell as most humans(better than most actually!). I predict that with a few years robots will begin to show up more in the home as help.

With this type of movement capabilities, they call it Qrio (pronounced �curio�)
They are a cousin of AIBO, the robot dog, Qrio also has stereo hearing as well as supposedly the ability to recognize faces, And there so small they could use them for space travel, deep sea exploration, really anywhere it was to dangerous for humans.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I�m surprised only one person has posted a reply about �Qrio�
These little robots are amazing.
They can hear and see just imaging if you gave them a gun

[edit on 22-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Is this the little robot I saw at Best Buy for $100....I want one...so cute and just "fun"

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Is this the little robot I saw at Best Buy for $100....I want one...so cute and just "fun"

watch the vid, there movments are to me astounding,
I dont' think there only sold for a yard, a few of g-notes maybe

[edit on 21-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

That is the Robosapien your thinking of designed by a canadain Mark Tilden who is a master at building robots. At a cost of 100 bucks which is unheard of for humanoid robots.

I dont know the price of that robot from japan but I would bet it cost several thousand dollars.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Oh...never mmind, That's "RoboSapien" that I'm thinking about. The Video is amazing!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
yep thats fantastic, pity they will cost an arm and a leg when they hit the shops..

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Agreed, the movement is improving every year.

I wonder how long the batteries last.

Not sure what the average consumer will do with a dancing robot, toys for rich boys, I guess.

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I watch alot of robot events such as Robo Olympics and last year these guys from japan had these amazing little Humanoid robots. They would have them fight each other Kung FU style. Kicks punchs everything it was so cool. Im looking for some video of it online and will post it here if I find it. Those little guys brawling was just awesome. I want to make one so bad

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Heres a picture of my favorite fighting humanoid robot.
I guess I shouldnt give Japan all the credit some of these guys are made by people from Korea

I also found some videos of them fighting though there is better footage with them kicking and these are pretty short

video

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here�s a cool domestic android named �Valeria� only for 59,000$

Valerie is the most advanced android in the world having more degrees of freedom than any android shown up to now. She uses the AT&T speech synthesizer giving the most human-sounding voice available today. She is also easily the most anthropomorphic android available. She will have a high degree of artificial intelligence due to our proprietary AI software - and a generalized interface to the internet (the only existing super-intelligence).

www.androidworld.com..." border=0>
Valeria� She is 5�8� 150 pounds
� Capabilities
o Muscle movements equivalent to a human
o Understands spoken commands
o Responds to owner via spoken words
o Sense of touch
o Default programming for household servant
o Artificial intelligence
o User programmable

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Sauron]

new topics