It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Occurrence Do YOU Believe Cannot be Controlled by the Human Race or TPTB?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I have thought long and hard about what us, as a human race, and especially TPTB can control. Now I'm thinking about what we CANNOT control. I believe asking ourselves this question is very important because this question and the resulting answers can provide a solid compass which can positively direct us to where our world is heading WITHOUT human intervention. This may also be a guide that can show how much we as human can affect! Obviously much of the cosmos is out of our control...or is it?

Please post you thoughts and opinions!

Peace & Respect,

AS

PS: Moderators if this thread can be posted to a more appropriate forum please move.
edit on 5-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: PS

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ndes

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
We cannot change most natural acts, despite people's continued belief from misunderstanding that we can.
We cannot change the fact that there will always been people who are both richer and poorer, smarter and dumber, prettier and uglier, thinner and fatter, than ourselves.
We cannot change that everyone has their own opinion in matters regarding a "higher power", whoever they may worship, if they worship, where, and when and why they worship as they do.
We cannot change that everyone has their own ideology of such things as proper government type and control, rules, laws, guns, military order, or anything else that governs the world around them outside their home.
We cannot change that there will always be differences that lead to aggression, whether it's a personal or global relationship.
We cannot change that there will always be people who live in condtions that we would not consider good. There will always be hunger, war, and disease. People will die from lack of medical care, lack of clean water, lack of shelter.....the human condition is never going to fair.
We cannot change that people want to be happy and well, that they want freedom of thought, religion, and speech, and they want a better world than the one they live in.
Those who believe in "TPTB" are missing out on a lot of good old-fashioned self-determination. We cannot change that, either.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest, we cannot really control anything. We think we can, and we try. This trying to do such controlling is what is killing us.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
To be perfectly honest, we cannot really control anything. We think we can, and we try. This trying to do such controlling is what is killing us.

Thanks sonofliberty, this is the kind of response I'm looking for!

I hope other members keep there thoughts an opinions coming!

AS
edit on 5-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Thanks sonofliberty, this is the kind of response I'm looking for!

I hope other members keep there thoughts an opinions coming!

AS
edit on 5-2-2011 by AeonStorm because: added

I would, but sonofliberty stole my answer.. lol

It's true chaos theory. The more you try to control something, the more out of control it gets.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Death....we can prolong it with medicine, we can bring people back within a reasonable timescale (minutes to hours in the case of hypothermic patients), but in the end it will get us all, natural or not.

Even if we find a way to immortality, if a gun shot to the head, a nasty car crash, a plane crash or whatever gets you, it's goodnight.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The single biggest thing that our control cannot reach is human nature. Irrationality and unpredictability.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
im gona say the truth!! they cannot controll the truth.....

2nd...

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There trying to control the mind hence MK-Ultra there trying to control the weather hence Haarp....

What they can't control in most people is our Free Will they can try oh boy can they try but in the end most people reach this conclusion....

new topics

top topics

join