It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I had a time machine I would . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Because of my interest in sociology I want to raise the question "If you had a time machine where would you go?" but with some guide lines. It has to be to a time and place of a well known paranormal event, experiment, etc. i.e. 1943 Philadelphia Experiment, 1947 Roswell NM, Bluff Creek in 1967 for the Paterson Bigfoot Video. Somewhere you could go and witness with your own eyes. Something you really want to know the truth about. A secret experiment that would have been cool to see, or a run in with a creature you'd like to see. Since it is a time machine, maybe you'd want to go 2036 to John Titor's house. All I ask is it is something Paranormalish, and not something silly like seeing the strike that lost the 1994 world series. . .

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I would do surely go back and stop the 911 attacks. If it would be possible to go back to several million years, I would take some pics of those dinos and monster plants over the world. Also, I would find out more of the pyramids, and the Stonehenge.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The age old question comes outta this too, would you go back and kill Hitler.. Saddam... Osama as a baby?

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I dont think you could stop 9/11 as the goverment were behind that one haha. I would have to go back 2000 years and go and see christ. I mean just to see him perform one miracle would make me a believer unless he was a great magican.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If i had a time machine, i would go back to Austria and let Hitler into that Art School, then maybe he would have become a famous painter. Also, i would pay a visit to John Titor and give him a slap and say "message from the past, your an arsehole"

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'd go back at random points in the dawn of man to see evolution take place first-hand and see how we populated the new world

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would not kill any of those guys, because if I did so, there would be others (maybe worse) who would take their place. But the 911... there is something strange I feel all about that. Bin Laden is just a non-state actor, he never did such thing before and after, the 911 just not fits into his pattern of actions. That is why, it should be stopped.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I would go to 1994 to see my grandpa again before he died.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I would like to go to see the dinos.............. I would go to Egypt,somwthing like 25000bc........ I would go meet Jesus........... I would see Greece in its prime.................. I would go to the civil war,May of 1863...............I would go to the wild west...... I would stop the MLK killing.......... I would stop the JFK killing................ I would go see the first couple of football games every, the first couple of superbowls.

If come up with anything else I will add it.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'd tail Jesus awhile.

See Egypt at its prime.. and Rome

I'd be at Roswell

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
This was a question in one of my classes one time and rerose out of a drunken bar discussion (before I made the post), and I am in a clearer mind, something important I left out was. . .
You are to be only an observer. You don't have the ability to kill anyone or change anything. You can't bring anything back. They don't even know you are there. So it wasn't a 'time machine' per say. It's more like when on tv or in movies an 'angle' or 'ghost (of christmas past, present and future), takes you back to see what life would be like if you didn't exist, etc. It was to be a specific point or event. With the interest in past civilizations something legendary would do. The assasination of Julius Cesear, the final stone of the Great Pyrimid, the First battle in the Coliseum, A cerimony at Stonehenge.

It was to be quite specific.
Paranormal or legendary, the completion of something now infamous or a famous experiment/invention.
You're incapable of changing any course of event. The event would happen as it did, when you weren't there. The information that you bring back can not change the present or future as it were to happen if you didn't go back in time.

And apparently the Battle of Helm's Deep, didn't fit the catagory of 'legendary', as it is considered 'fiction'. As that is what I oppted for because I was in a grumpy mood.

posted on Jul, 14 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i would go back to the time when my parents were going to have me and ask them not to have me. why you ask. because we are living in a very screwed up world which we are going to destroy.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1Gov
i would go back to the time when my parents were going to have me and ask them not to have me. why you ask. because we are living in a very screwed up world which we are going to destroy.

Damn...that's harsh! I don't know if I'd go so far as to "we" are going to destroy it - very well possible - but there's other things to live for besides the expectence of your own demise....

I think, with the new rules zero_snaz (although I'm sure my other one still kinda fits in), I'd like to go back to witness what really happened to that poor bastard in Fire in the Sky - lol

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'd travel back and watch the events unfold at Rendlesham, or the sighting in Davenport in the early 1900s. Maybe I'd go back in time and buy some bad ass guitars when they were new instead of paying out the arse for them now.

And I'd definitely have to be there to smack the dudes that tested the nuke.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Well, if that is the case, I would probably go to the future, and would learn from history books of uncovered UFO crashes, and I would use the time machines inside them to travel for real.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
go back in time huh.... I would go back in time to the medival age with 50 modern day soldiers, some tanks, helicopters, armoured troop transports and as much weapons as possible to take. I will then take over England, Then france until i have swept through europe (i would take some engineers to help keep my weapon supplies up) and i would forever go down in history and would be worshiped as a god. If i did this to this day you would all hear the tales of the man and his 50 men who took europe with weapons of god, no one could stand in my way.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
If you guys went back in time to stop 9-11, they would take you for some freak. Then after it happened, you would be in prison for the rest of your life for some type of conspiracy. So, essentially you would be a nut in an insane assylum or in prison.

For me:
Why go back when you can go forward? Yes, I would go a few thousand years... maybe more in the future. What have we evolved into? Where are we going? etc etc etc

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would go back in time with a bomb or something and blow up Columbuses ships. That or tell Nostradumbass real events in the future.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If I could affect something, I'd stop 9/11, mostly likely by calling in a bomb threat early that morning so the buildings would be evacuated before the hits. Or by calling in some kind of threat to the airlines so that the planes would be grounded. Could work.

If I could affect nothing, I'd go see the JFK assassination first from the grassy knoll, then from the Depository, then riding right on the back of the limo. I'd go watch the beginning stages of the American Revolution. I'd go see the African slave conditions in the south and the Irish slave conditions in the north. I'd watch several battles during the Civil War from several perspectives. Same with pretty much every war. I'd watch Pearl Harbor. I'd sit in the Oval Office a LOT to listen to conversations over the years. I'd go to Stalin's Russia and Hitler's Germany. Watch the pyramids being built, sail on a pirate ship and witness crop circle formations/manufacturing. I'd go on the Marie Celeste and see what really happened. I'd go to the first incident of man harnessing fire. The first murder. The first human birth. Too much to really mention!

I'd have so much time hopping to do I might never make it back to the present. *L*

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I would go back to a few interesting parts of the Bible.
Eden, Jesus, The plagues.
I'd probably go watch some dinosaurs if I know I was safe.
I'd bury some stuff/hide some stuff for me to find when I returned to the present.
I'd swing by rome, egypt (again), china, india, the indians of america, the incas,
the celts, the aboriginees, etc. I would really be interested in learning about their religions so I could see them in their unadulturated state.
I'd watch all the great tragedys of history: slavery, holocaust, wars, 9-11, etc. But unlike yall, I wouldnt change a thing, because God has his reasons for everything.
After all my adventuring was done, I would swing back by the time of my mothers pregnancy(with me) and push her down some stairs or something.
Thats about it.

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by shidge.]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join