It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In NYC and had a weird experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm in NYC for a training seminar this weekend. Last night was free time for me so I picked out a restaurant and went by myself to eat a nice meal. On my way home I decided out of the blue to stop at a pub and have a glass of wine before going back to the hotel.

There was a guy at the bar and he stuck up a conversation with me. He claimed to be a pilot and once flew for TWA. He said he was from the Midwest somewhere. We were just engaging in general chit chat and at some point I was making efforts to pay my bill and leave. This is when he said something to me about him knowing who I was and what websites I visit and that "they're" watching me. Seriously. This guy really says this. So, I'm a little tipsy and looking back, I should have explored his comments a little more. At the time I was just sort of floored. I asked him something about why would anyone be interested in me? It's not like I write books about conspiracies... I'm not much of a challenge. Just a soccer mom searching alternative topics on the Internet.

This guy was a typical Midwestern looking American man. He did know a lot about flying. There was nothing unusual about him. He seemed pleasant enough. I truly don't believe what he said was true, but the whole thing is kind of weird, isn't it? And the weird thing is that for the life of me, I can't recall the whole conversation! I know this seems really unbelievable.... This morning I had a hard time believing it myself.

I picked the bar randomly so it's not like he could have been waiting for me. He was probably just pulling my leg...but why? I just don't get it. And I don't remember all of it... And no, I wasn't intoxicated....but tipsy.

I guess it's a weird world out there.

But it got me thinking.... Does the government have all our names if we belong to ATS?

edit on 5-2-2011 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The gov probably could if it wanted to but probably does not.
Sounds like a crack pot at a bar...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
where you chatting about alternates site (like this one) when he mentioned he knew what you where up to?
if he and you had similar knoweldge of alternate subjects, then i' dont think its that unusual that he'd spout some BS about being in the know.
ugh well i wasnt there, and your story is pretty vague, so...meh.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sorry I am being vague. I just don't remember exactly how I reacted. I don't remember discussing alternative sites. Just a weird experience. He didn't seem like a crackpot to me. I guess anything can happen in NYC!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss

But it got me thinking.... Does the government have all our names if we belong to ATS?

considering ATS is disigned to "divide and conquer", i'd say ATS is a gov't site.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2people

Originally posted by MRuss

considering ATS is disigned to "divide and conquer", i'd say ATS is a gov't site.

John Lear said this years ago. and in fact, is why he left ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I had a similar experience at a bar when I was out of town in Dec. I chatted it up with a guy who knew a lot about conspiracies and I also can't fully recall the conversation either because I was somewhat tipsy but he seemed to get really quiet when we started talking about BP and a couple of "big" conspiracies. Then he was telling me "the walls have ears" etc...and we abrubtly stopped talking about "alternative news" right after I mentioned Halliburton.
He said he was an engineer of sorts and had worked with the government before I cant really remember what all he said though. He wasn't necessarily hitting on me (he was showing me picture of his gf, said I reminded him of her) but the whole thing was just strange in general.
Who knows? Maybe there are some new "pickup" techniques us females haven't caught wind of yet--talk about conspiracies (we know how long conversations like those can get), make up some high profile position, tell the girl they're being somehow 'monitored' (enforcing a protector role onto them), and see where it goes from there. LOL

But seriously, the entire time I was at that bar, it all seemed a little too staged like I was in the matrix or something...I remember having a good time there and the people were nice, but there was just something a little off, if that makes sense...I also randomly selected the bar out of no where. Too weird lol. He did come into the bar after I did, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't being followed...I'm not THAT paranoid haha.
edit on 5-2-2011 by matrixportal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
do you remember the name of the bar? lots of people in new york are progressive free thinkers, this doesn't surprise me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by matrixportal

What if you were the subject of a mind control experiment where they could send thoughts into your mind via some wireless device (ie, no implants or drugs) to see if you would act on that impulse to go into that "random" bar when they wanted you to? Oh and yes this site is monitored...not sure if it is a front (as Google may be....hmmm, tangent thought: Google's stock symbol is GOOG - shorten it to GOG and add MA from MaBell and you have Gog and Magog....I know, just a stretch there). Back on topic; this site is a good source of both information and a conduit for disinformation. A perfect venue to leak UFO disclosure info and to monitor anti-government activity. It is a fun site and as long as we have the 1st Amendment and you are not suggesting subversive activities you should have nothing to fear. "Fear is the mind killer." FWIW, I was on this site a week ago and my pc was taking a loooong time to load and especially send posts (as if being re-routed first) and when I went to log off and shut down for the night it prompted a message saying that "other people are logged on to your computer, shutting down may cause them to lose data." Duh! And I do have a firewall.
edit on 5-2-2011 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Well I dunno about all that...sure would be strange.
I would say the combination of boredom, neon lights and happy hour specials were enough to get me to go in without any remote mind control device

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Very strange. That sure would have had me heading for the hills...at least initially. Two things. Most people frequent one website or another, so that really may have been just a shot in the dark, The second, was he already there when you popped in? Did you notice? Did he approach you first? An overall creepy thing to say though..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the2people

How do you figure ATS is designed to divide and conquer?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

How do you figure ATS is designed to divide and conquer?

ATS "plants" posts multiple opposing view points which causes people to agree with one viewpoint while opposing all the others so as to prevent any truth being heard by too many people. "keep the people fighting with each other"

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There are more than 8 million people living in New York City. During the average work day, there are 13 million people just on the island of Manhattan, alone...not all of them are honest or completely sane. In my time living here - close to half of my life - I've met quite a few of them and I've learned to just let these things go.
edit on 2/5/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
True, Cosmic..You never know who or what you're going to run into in NYC.

You don't think disagreeing viewpoint occur in nature?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well in my situation the guy walked into the bar about 10 to 15 minutes after I did and he sat 2 seats away...not too close not too far. Still can't recall exactly what all was said during that conversation. Very strange though

new topics

top topics

join