It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we going to have a new Gorbachev in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Are we going to have a new Gorbachev in our own soil? Alot of people said Obama could be the one but it is not true. Can anyone tell me what are the possible politicians in office that could be a likely candidate to being the new Gorbachev? If so would you vote for him in 2012? Also what will this new American version of Gorbachev do to our country? Will he dismantle the empire, release Gitmo prisoners, End TSA, withdraw all military overseas, and admit we are no longer the super power we once been?
edit on 5-2-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
that'll be the day. america isn't in that bad a shape yet. but it's getting there.

there is a thread posted about nationwide black outs. when gasoline shortages start to hit america, and people have to wait 45 to fill their tanks of gas, or can't get to work and truckers lose business because there isn't enough fuel to transport their goods, then civil unrest will boil over.

america is destroying itself. the constitution is showing it's failings and flaws. i would call it a failure if it created a society where 10 year kids are murdering their parents, gangs run rampant, healthcare is a luxury enjoyed by the rich, whole neighbourhoods are run down and abandoned and a media that nowadays spends 90% of it's time reassuring america that's everything's o.k. and not to worry.

meanwhile rome is burning.

edit on 5-2-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by randomname

The only flaw in the Constitution is the people who do not know it, follow it, and defend it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

sounds like the Soviet Union in 1985

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

at first your "flawed constitution" comment angered me. then i shook off the indoctrination..it creeps in until i rmember i've been infected..

the real guidelines that were better were the articles of CONFEDERATION.. that is the document the revolutionary war was fought over, the crooks slipped in the constitution later on in a "bait and switch" while everyone was too busy and ignorant (as in no internet/way to self educate or get info).

my friend, read Jefferson Davis..and NO the confederacy was not pro slave, and NO the civil war was not over slavery..i can guide you if so inclined

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The issue of the debt ceiling is a big one that can turn things around or help push it off the cliff. Calling an end to hostilities is one thing that will take enormous pressure of the system and help the population recover. There are a few powerful interests against this as they are making heaps of money, there is also a growing public awareness that know the whole war thing is just a scam. What ever way it goes it is going to be close.

top topics

join