It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians defending Muslims during Prayer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Pictures have surfaced one of the many incidents in Egypt during the protests in which Christians surrounded their Muslim brothers and sisters during the final evening prayer. Hoping to see the images of the Muslims helping the Christians defend their cathedrals soon as well.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0ffbf214d65.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99c7938205fa.jpg[/atsimg]

This is what fear mongering Psychopaths like Glenn Beck are afraid of. People realizing that the only real enemy they have are the people that divide them. Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity and others who have made a living pitting one group against the other want us all to be afraid of “terrorists” and the “Muslim brotherhood”, rather than our Foreign policy that creates them.

Article : objectsinmotion.org...

Didn't see this posted anywhere, if it is somewhere on ATS already hopefully a mod can just delete it. These pics have circled around the net this morning, I posted it on my blog, and now I'm posting it here.
edit on 5-2-2011 by aravoth because: Added second Image

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Brilliant.... These pictures need to be on sky and fox news with a story. People need to see more of this. Much more of this. Post on facebook I think.!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This is both inspirational and beautiful. This is what it's all about, love, respect, tolerance and help that goes beyond any imaginary line.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Now THIS is what I love to see on ATS! Or anywhere really! It's amazing what can happen when people just help each other out and get over the whole "My god is better than your god" argument.

S&F for you! This is awesome!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cocasinpry
This is both inspirational and beautiful. This is what it's all about, love, respect, tolerance and help that goes beyond any imaginary line.

When I first heard this story a few days ago by a guy on the ground over there, I nearly cried. Seeing the images now is a bit humbling.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is a great thing to see, undermines the western view of islamic extremism taking over egypt in a power vaccum. I definately think this shows that egypt is a modern, tolerant and secular nation and that the recent unrest is purley political at least the majority of it anyway.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's good stuff

Thanks OP!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Great stuff..

It's what most of us believe but TPTB tell us different and MSM spread their hate messages..

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wonder if it had been Christians praying if Moslems would have done the same?
Any Moslems care to comment?
Just curious.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Just curious.

it's probably worth noting, as I did in the OP, that according to people on the ground, Muslims were guarding Christian Cathedrals during worship. No pictures of that yet, but then, it took several days for these pictures to surface after it occurred,

So to answer your question, yes, Muslims would, and did do the same.

The revolution in Egypt is not about Religion, it's about Egyptians.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth

it's probably worth noting, as I did in the OP, that according to people on the ground, Muslims were guarding Christian Cathedrals during worship. So to answer your question, yes, Muslims would, and did do the same.

The revolution in Egypt is not about Religion, it's about Egyptians.

That's good, Not knocking anything.
I've got Muslim friends in Iraq that guarded me while I slept.
Just curious for a Muslim point of view as input on this thread.

You hit on the point, though. Is the Egyptian revolution more important to them than the religious differences between Christians and Muslims?
Is it something that would happen in less than extreme circumstances?

I find it curious that more Muslims don't contribute to public discussion from a religious point of view.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aravoth

Thank you for posting this... i am sick of all the hatred on ATS at the moment... This is perfect, thank you.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by aravoth

Thank you for posting this... i am sick of all the hatred on ATS at the moment... This is perfect, thank you.

Your welcome.

Lately, I get confused by all the hatred towards Islam. Most of the time the misdirected hatred results from a person proclaiming that Islam promotes and defends terrorism. Which simply is not true. Using that logic, one could easily show immense disdain for the Bible, the Talmud, or any number of Hindu Texts.

What people are most angry about is Radical Islam. I understand that. But what I don't understand is how a person can honestly say that "radical" Islam is the problem, when it is a documented fact that Western Countries are responsible for "radicalizing" Islam.

We all should be angry that terrorism exists. Which is why that anger should be directed at the foreign policy that created it. Imposing No-fly zones, and embargo's on Iraq was bad enough, in fact, one study directly related the deaths of over 500,000 Iraqi children under the age of 5 to the embargo imposed by the United States. As if that wasn't bad enough, we went ahead and bombed that country over 1,500 times using depleted uranium munitions, while they were starving to death, and had no means of defending themselves. The long term effects of that are staggering. Massive amounts of birth defects, cancer, infant mortality rates way up, etc.

Iraq though, is just one example. Just one, of many.

You cannot commit acts like those outlined above and honestly believe that there will be no repercussions.

Hatred is a basic human emotion derived from fear. And as such, it has a purpose. No one could ever deny that hate is a powerful motivator, which is why I say that if people want to hate something, hate what our leadership has done to the people in the Middle East. Hate the fact that our governments pushed some to believe that they had no choice but to become a suicide bomber. Hate that your tax dollars went to pay for illegal wars against a non-aggressive people for the sake of a no-bid contract.

edit on 6-2-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2011 by aravoth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
That is beautiful! We Americans could take a HUGE lesson from these Egyptians!

Egypt - I celebrate with you! Congratulations! This is the ONLY way a country should come to democracy. Through the PEOPLE!

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
Just curious.

they did new years

what was it coptic christian mass with Muslims as human shields
its somewhere on this forum

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

Yes, they did.

It's not ALL a false dichotomy of extremes and Christians have been a feature of Egypt ever since the 1st century AD.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Stuff like this happens every day, but the media and "alternative"-media tend to be bored by love, peace and harmony, so they dont show much of it.
edit on 11-2-2011 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes, isn't it one of the most beautiful things ever. It nearly brought a tear to my eye the first time I saw it.

My guess is the media doesn't want to cover it much, because it goes against the evil Muslim Christian hater stereotype. It's sort of like how once the word Palestinian is used, it is NEVER associated with the Christian Palestinian population in the US media, got to keep all Evangelicals believing Muslims are evil and there is no such thing a Christian Arab. ehhh, sorry getting off topic.

Wonderful photo, s&f

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great pics!

reply to post by badgerprints

Considering the Muslims far outnumber the Christians there, it'd be a safe bet to say it's not much of an issue, don't you think?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This is great and we do need to see more of this all day every day as it unites people under a common goal that we have way more in common then we'd like to admit.

Star and flag!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join