It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo detainee, 48, dies after 8 years in a cage with no charges

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Obama's doing a bang up job deconstructing the former administration's status quo, isn't he.
Not.

i dont get it, i dont live in america but im sure i read somewhere that he planed on taking the place down when he got into power..must have read wrong, unless he has backtrecked..

kx

No, you're correct. He made campaign promises to close GITMO and to have the "detainees" put through the conventional court system.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I'm not the one who is "off the mark" . If you have a problem with the decision of the court , you need to take it up with them .

Furthermore , this is from the link that YOU posted , did you miss this part ? :

The ruling did not demand the release of the Guantanamo inmates, or the closure of the prison.

Also , you started out complaining about the terrorists being held without charges or trials , but you turn around and give me a link that specifically state that the TRIALS were illegal . Your link DID NOT say that the Court ruled that the detention was illegal , only the trials .

Sometimes it helps to read the information before posting it and implying that it says something that it does not .

So , who is really off the mark here ?

Furthermore , since when does Kofi Annan dictate what the United States "must" do ?
edit on 5-2-2011 by okbmd because: eta

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

POW's captured on the battlefield did not fly planes into the twin towers or the Pentagon.

Sorry , these guys do not fall under the classification of POW's .

However , I agree with what you said in your second paragraph , to a large extent .

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

i dont get it, i dont live in america but im sure i read somewhere that he planed on taking the place down when he got into power..must have read wrong, unless he has backtrecked..

Politicians say whatever it takes to get elected .

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Today:

"He was designated by the Obama administration as one of 48 "indefinite detainees,'' meaning the U.S. would neither repatriate him nor put him on trial."

June 2007:

"While we're at it," Obama said, "we're going to close Guantanamo. And we're going to restore habeas corpus. ... We're going to lead by example _ by not just word but by deed. That's our vision for the future."

wapo.st...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just to throw this out there for all the keyboard lawyers who seem to have all the answers. Where do you propose we send the ones that no ONE, not even their home country wants?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Today:

"He was designated by the Obama administration as one of 48 "indefinite detainees,'' meaning the U.S. would neither repatriate him nor put him on trial."

June 2007:

"While we're at it," Obama said, "we're going to close Guantanamo. And we're going to restore habeas corpus. ... We're going to lead by example _ by not just word but by deed. That's our vision for the future."

wapo.st...

That's what I'm talking about right there. Any guess as to motives behind the duplicity?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

In my opinion, Obama is a blagger. enough said on that one. the issue of Guantanamo is simple, try them and if they are genuine threats to society then there is a requirement to detain them to prevent further unnecessary carnage, otherwise they should be given counsel in many respects for the real truths behind "justice"...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join