It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gitmo detainee, 48, dies after 8 years in a cage with no charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the land of justice has in my books gone down the plug hole, round the u-bend and into the sewer with such action.
Everybody should be entitled to a trial. If you have evidence, charge them! If not, release them. This is just plain wrong and it gives america some real bad international stigma.

Gul had never been charged with a crime during his more-than-eight-year detention as a suspected base commander for the Taliban. American officials said they suspected him of being a base commander for the Taliban. His lawyer, Matthew Dodge, said both sides argued Gul's "habeas corpus'' petition before U.S. District Judge Rosemary Colyer in Washington D.C. in March, but she has not yet ruled on whether his detention was lawful. Read more: www.miamiherald.com...

www.miamiherald.com...
Countries that point out others human rights abuse, really need not look past there own borders.
Treat people with injustice and they will act with injustice...

kx
edit on 5-2-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Yo, I read about this somewhere else on the internet and its really not very good at all. It proves the lie that the US is out to help the poeple of the world and I am really ashamed of my UK government for also allowing this to happen because if they wanted they could step in and apply pressure.

Holding someone for 8 years with no charge is terrrorism, I am terrified of the actions of the US govt. It's a sick joke.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So much the worse, as the whole war on terror in the first place was a contrived crusade, based on the false-flag, psy-op that was the blinding hoax of the 9/11 attacks(with very few if any victims). These people responsible better pray like hell that there is no God. America, the home of the brave and land of the free - Whatever.... All the detainees must either be charged and prosecuted in open court or set free. Enough innocents have been murdered and incarcerated. We all remember the school bully. Nothing you ever did or didn't do was right....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by yyyyyyyyyy
Holding someone for 8 years with no charge is terrorism,

I would agree whole heartedly with that.
And so is the murder of 6 million at the
hands of the CIA since it's inception.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
...if the deceased didnt have any justified usofa/uk haters among his family and friends before - they exist now - and - thats the bottom line intent of the usofa/uk military industrial complex... in order to have future combatants, they have to create them via any means available...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Probably the saddest comment on our system ive have heard........lately....
The acts of these people in defending their homeland, and way of life was NEVER crimnal.
This is the blatant hypcrisy that never enters anyones mind.
WE were the INVADERS!
Any act of resistance which they engaged in,is totally legal and acceptable as long as they acted within the bounds of international law.
The very principal of invading a country, and acpturing prisoners which you then remove to anothr country for detention and punsihment, without trial or charges or even resons being given, is itself WAR CRIME!
The double speak which keeps being accepted mentally by so many people scares the living sh*(t out of me!
There is just something creepy as hell about people who will allow all kinds of this to keep going on because it is worded in such a way as to make it slip by the conscious mind.
Cant anyone else see that the english language is being used a weapon to program your minds into accepting the unacceptable?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yyyyyyyyyy

Holding someone for 8 years with no charge is terrrorism

Being affiliated with a group who executes 3,000 innocents in one day , with no charges , is terrorism .

Read the article .

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

The very principal of invading a country, and acpturing prisoners which you then remove to anothr country for detention and punsihment, without trial or charges or even resons being given, is itself WAR CRIME!

You're right , we should just behead them , or hang them in front of their screaming mother . They don't seem to have a problem with that sort of punishment .

All of you bleeding hearts would be the first ones they would behead , while they video-taped it for the world to see .

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Being affiliated with a group who executes 3,000 innocents in one day , with no charges , is terrorism .

If a crime has been broken and there is evidence to that extent then he should be charged. If not released, do you really want to live in a society were people can be exempt to the rule of law

k

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

You're right , we should just behead them , or hang them in front of their screaming mother . They don't seem to have a problem with that sort of punishment . All of you bleeding hearts would be the first ones they would behead , while they video-taped it for the world to see .

You would like to live in a world where the execute people without trial

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by okbmd

You're right , we should just behead them , or hang them in front of their screaming mother . They don't seem to have a problem with that sort of punishment . All of you bleeding hearts would be the first ones they would behead , while they video-taped it for the world to see .

kx

You know what's funny about people who say that we shouldn't grant trials or even, hang people, behead them, without trial just like the "enemy" would do?

They are the same people who claim to want to "liberate" that same group of people from just that kind of behavior... It's this 2 faced attitude that grinds my gears...

Magnum
edit on 11/2/5 by Magnum007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If a crime has been broken and there is evidence to that extent then he should be charged .

You want to know what really "grinds my gears" ?

It's all you people who come on here purporting to know something about the law , and in so doing , only prove that you are ignorant of the law .

You want law ? Well , here you go , chew on this and then take your gripe to the SCOTUS :

On 28 June 2004, the Supreme Court ruled in Rasul v. Bush that detainees in Guantanamo Bay Naval Base could turn to U.S. courts to challenge their confinement, but can also be held without charges or trial.

en.wikipedia.org...

So , all of you bleeding hearts who want to cry about some friggin terrorist being detained without charges , while implying that I don't support the rule of law , need to regroup and come up with something other than your baseless and snide comments .

It's clear to me , that it is actually YOU guys , who don't support the rule of law .

And as for the above poster who seems to think I support hangings and beheadings , I was being facetious , anyone with moderate reading-comprehension skills , would have recognized as much .
edit on 5-2-2011 by okbmd because: eta link

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

yes i agree the world would be a much better place if governments practiced what they preached. the uk governement produced a dosier of human rights abuses in iraq and used that as part excuse for invading. We corerced with the coalition and facilitad in human rights abuse ourselves. shameful action. we dont have to become a monster to fight a monster.

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Boy , I can see THAT one went right over your head ...

Sorry to disappoint you , but we already live in a world like that . As I was trying to point out above , the very scumbags you are on here crying for , have been doing this for decades .

Are you seriously unaware of the atrocities committed by these thugs that you are weeping for ?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

no my friend you are well off the mark..

Guantanamo trials are illegal, Supreme Court tells President

www.timesonline.co.uk...

The UN Secretary General, Kofi Annan, has said the United States must shut down Guantanamo Bay prison camp "as soon as is possible"
news.bbc.co.uk...

i am not weeping but if i was it would be for the loss of the due legal process which is a pillar of civilasation.
Everyone should be entitled to a fair trial, that is how justice works. without it there is no justice.
but much more importantly do you think it is correct that people are held indefinetly without trial...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Some laws are unjust. And the whole world knows it. POW's captured on the battlefield did not fly planes into the twin towers or the Pentagon.

We need to get our troops out of other people's countries and bring them home to take care of the terrorist problem on our own southern border. That would save a ton of money and we could have a balanced budget for a change. Maybe we could even pay for poor people to get affordable health care and housing.

[color=#FF0000]WAR IS WELFARE FOR THE SUPER RICH
edit on 2-5-2011 by groingrinder because: To provide additional educational content.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Boy , I can see THAT one went right over your head ... Sorry to disappoint you , but we already live in a world like that . As I was trying to point out above , the very scumbags you are on here crying for , have been doing this for decades

how do you know there scumbags, you dont. you are making an assumption and this assumption is having a real effect on peoples lifes and there families. as i said if there is proof process them through a legal framework....
its not going to happen...why because in many of the cases the evidence is so scant they would be set free.
some people returned to the uk that had spent time there, and were later released. they were never charged and they still proclaim there innocence. it is wrong on so many levels...

deny ignorance

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
dpmnt dream it, be it....
double post

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Obama's doing a bang up job deconstructing the former administration's status quo, isn't he.
Not.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Obama's doing a bang up job deconstructing the former administration's status quo, isn't he.
Not.

i dont get it, i dont live in america but im sure i read somewhere that he planed on taking the place down when he got into power..must have read wrong, unless he has backtrecked..

kx

top topics

<<   2 >>

join