It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copyright jackal Righthaven sues young blogger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Copyright jackal Righthaven sues young blogger

www.p2pnet.net

Being a citizen journalist is getting really scary, with copyright trolls lurking in the dark.

One of the worst is the wrongly named Righthaven, run by online jackal Steve Gibson.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
photos.denverpost.com
www.righthavenlawsuits.com
www.lasvegassun.com
www.lasvegassun.com

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is terrible. You can be sued by a extortion corporation over just 1 picture on your blog. The legal system is in deep in the toilet.

I just thought you all needed to hear this because this concerns blogs everywhere. I've even read that they are even suing Google Groups and forum posters as well.

They even sued somebody for writing their own article.

This is insane. Word needs to get out about all the ridiculous lawsuits by RightHaven, LLC.

www.p2pnet.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
People need to understand the gravity of this. I've read on beforeitsnews that he tried to reason with them and even told them he removed the picture and they are still suing him.

RightHaven should be reported to the American Bar Association to be disbarred.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by RonPaulVoter2012

Apparently someone over at GLP has found a link between the Obamator and Steve Gibson. The link is HERE. Something about michelle obama, the obamanator and steve gibson all working for the same law firm with two of them doing IP law.

Cheers - Dave

edit on 2/5.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: of spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Apparently someone over at GLP has found a link between the Obamator and Steve Gibson. The link is HERE. Something about michelle obama, the obamanator and steve gibson all working for the same law firm with two of them doing IP law.

Cheers - Dave

Thanks s lot for posting this. All blogs, youtube Accounts, newsgroup posters, forum/board posters, and other sites are all under threat under RightHaven.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I mod on a site that got targeted by this shill once. Nothing came of it. But I'd honestly love to meet this guy in person. Just look at his face in the link. Isn't that the kind of face you just want to repeatedly punch as hard as you can?

Honestly if I were the judge in any case involving righthaven, I would rule in favor of the defendant and award them $10 mil for pain and suffering all coming out of Gibsons bank account.
edit on 5-2-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Not surprising to see Righthaven behind this. They were the ones who targeted ATS among other sites.

Oddly enough, I think the young man mentioned in the article is also an ATS member. The linked source mentions he runs the alternative news site USWGO. So does the following member:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
I mod on a site that got targeted by this shill once. Nothing came of it. But I'd honestly love to meet this guy in person. Just look at his face in the link. Isn't that the kind of face you just want to repeatedly punch as hard as you can?

Honestly if I were the judge in any case involving righthaven, I would rule in favor of the defendant and award them $10 mil for pain and suffering all coming out of Gibsons bank account.

yes if it were me being sued then I would do a counter-suit against RightHaven. I hope the defendant wins since he did remove the photo which is true. The Jury needs to rule against RightHaven.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

You are so right man.
That face is very punchable.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by havenvideo

You are so right man.
That face is very punchable.

yeah who doesn't want to punch that face.

Heck they even went after a Ron Paul site.

dailypaul.com...

So even Ron Paul fans are being targeted. RightHaven even ignores the DMCA.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
File the proper DCMA document and they are required to contact you before any action. They use loophole in the copyright law to get around it. File the document with the $105 fee before it's too late.

copyright.gov document

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RonPaulVoter2012

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

Cheers - Dave

Thanks s lot for posting this. All blogs, youtube Accounts, newsgroup posters, forum/board posters, and other sites are all under threat under RightHaven.

It's awful suspicious that GLP went down almost immediately after I posted that comment on the link between Steve Gibson, Barry Obama and Michelle Obama. WTF is going on here? I guess that connection was important. Anyone with a paid GLP account or userid, please try the link. GLP is asking for a username and password to access the forums, just not through the main URL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo

I know the thread you speak of, and it sums this scum up nicely

www.havenvideo.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Alert! Summons has been sent to Brian. I just found out from FederalJack as I was looking at their news feed.

www.federaljack.com...

This is terrible this means righthaven could decide to goto war with all blogger by copyrighting their own content or hope that they use a image that they copyrighted.

This is the end of free blogging.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Filing a lawsuit doesn't mean winning it.

Many people settle rather than lawyer up.

top topics

join