It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shu, the son of Ra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi, i just found some text on the Egyptian king Shu which sligtly resembles an ancient space-war, because when i googled the name "Seba", i found out that this was the regular Egyptian word for "Stars".

Thou, O great god Pautti, art furnished with the brilliance of the Eye [of Rā] in Heliopolis,
to overthrow the Seba fiends on behalf of thy father.
Thou makest the divine Boat to sail onwards in peace.
The mariners who are therein exult,
and all the gods shout for joy when they hear thy divine name.

Chapter XII - Egyptian Hymns To The Gods

What do you think of this idea? Do you have any more references to Shu and Seba fiends?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

wow...hey im now working with (i say working...more like trying to help) a writer who wrote about shu and the other gods

a mister aymen ibrahim who wrote this papertrue names of the pyramids

please tell me what else you know about shu and do these 'hymms to the gods' correlate with this study?? if so how do you think it does

thanks mate good find ..well for me anyway

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

thanks for the reply, i have seen the link you posted. Most of what i know of Shu is mentioned in there.

I have also found one more reference to Shu, and the answer to why she is supporting Nut:

The height to which Rā had ascended was now so great that the legs of the Cow-goddess on which he was enthroned trembled, and to give her strength he ordained that Nut should be held up in her position by the godhead and upraised arms of the god Shu. This is why we see pictures of the body of Nut being supported by Shu.

Chapter VII - Legends Of The Gods]

In the same chapter, Shu is also called the "Nile-god" (in the form of Shu)

Hope this helps in your research

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

In Egyptian mythology, Shu (meaning emptiness and he who rises up) is one of the primordial gods, a personification of air, one of the Ennead of Heliopolis.
He was created by Atum, his father and Iusaaset, his mother in the city of Heliopolis.
With his sister, Tefnut (moisture), he was the father of Nut and Geb.
His daughter, Nut, was the sky goddess whom he held over the Earth (Geb), separating the two.
Shu's grandchildren are Osiris, Isis, Set and Nephthys.
As the air, Shu was considered to be cooling, and thus calming, influence, and pacifier.
Due to the association with air, calm, and thus Ma'at (truth, justice and order), Shu was portrayed in art as wearing an ostrich feather. Shu was seen with 1-4 feathers.

In a much later myth, representing the terrible weather disaster at the end of the Old Kingdom, it was said that Tefnut and Shu once argued, and Tefnut (moisture) left Egypt for Nubia (which was always more temperate). It was said that Shu quickly decided that he missed her, but she changed into a cat that destroyed any man or god that approached. Thoth, disguised, eventually succeeded in convincing her to return. He carries an Ankh, the symbol of life.
Source- Wikipedia.org

Another source on Shu
yet another reference
and one more....

But the text i read does not show anything star-war-ish....

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reignite
Hi, i just found some text on the Egyptian king Shu which sligtly resembles an ancient space-war, because when i googled the name "Seba", i found out that this was the regular Egyptian word for "Stars".

Shu is a god, not a king, and "seba" is an approximation. It may be saba/siba/suba/soba/ etc. The vowel (is missing there (standard practice.)) So googling on how an Egyptian word is "spelled" is going to get you some errors.

Good information about Shu is here -- note that his story changed quite a bit over time :
www.touregypt.net...

Also, remember that your original translation is from Budge, a man who translated so inaccurately that nobody uses him as a reference any longer. I'll see if I can find a better translation around.

top topics

join