It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam promotes Terrorism.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Good lord, did you really not see the poster's analogy? Here, I'll repost it:

"He will use fire, gas, or acid and destroy the nest. He will destroy the nest and every damned viper around, killing them where he finds them."

The poster related Islam to a vipers nest, and then proceeded to go into graphic detail on how to prevent the spread of the viper. And you consider my response to be the extreme one? Please tell me how you and I saw things differently, and how I am accurately supposed to interpret the following quotes:

"Let me explain how this works, and it might be a real good idea for all Muslims to understand the American perspective, and how we approach a problem.

Assume for a moment that at your country home, you spot a viper right next to the door, and he strikes at you, but just nicks you."

"He will use fire, gas, or acid and destroy the nest. He will destroy the nest and every damned viper around, killing them where he finds them."

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
why is this hatred thread still around ???

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This thread is so misleading..
I hate it so much when people take things out of context just because it doesnt sound right to them.

Do you even know the history of the Quran and how it was revealed?
well let me share with you the information which you need to know.

The Quran was revealed to an illiterate man called Muhammad (pbuh), born in the desert, he didnt know how to read or write. Muhammad was chosen by god to be last and final messenger in succession to Jesus (peace be with him) conveying the same message of ''worshiping the one and only god''

God revealed the Quran over 1400 yrs ago to Muhammad through the angel Gabriel by reciting it to him. God made the Quran to be the last and final revelation and he promised that he will protect and preserve it from corruption. Not like the previous scriptures of Moses and Jesus who were changed and altered by human hands.
The Quran didnt come down as a book. It came down in verses and chapters, and it took 23 years for the whole of the Quran to be revealed. By the time the Quran was completely revealed, it was fully memorized by the prophet Muhammad along with many of his followers and close companions. This tradition still lives on today. Millions of muslims have memorized the Quran by heart, and this is how God planned to preserve the Quran.
No other religion can say that about their books cuz they have been changed by man.

All these verses that you mentioned in your post were revealed during different times and different places. Most of these verses you chose were revealed either before an actual battle, or even during a battle.

When Muhammad (pbuh) was ordered by God to spread the message of Islam, he was threatened, hated and attacked by the idol worshipers and non believers. they would wage war and in-slave or even kill anyone who followed him and his message.
This is why God revealed verses such as the ones you mentioned.

Islam doesnt teach violence hatred or bloodshed, nor was it spread by the sword! that's ridiculous. Islam has been the fastest growing religion in the world for some time now. How did it spread so rapidly?
were people forced to convert or threatened with a sword to their necks?? OF COURSE NOT!
And just for you info, there are more women who converted to Islam than men!!! what does that tell you??
Are muslim women really oppressed? NO. but there are some bloody extreme muslims who inslave their women
and treat them like animals, which is against the teachings of Islam. And these muslims will get their share of punishments for treating their women like that. Cuz women in Islam are like precious jewels and are highly valuable. Read about how the prophet Muhammad treated his wives, then you will understand what I mean.

Islam isnt your enemy people! get that in your heads!
A muslim cannot force anything on anyone as God said in the Quran '' There is no compulsion in religion''

My suggestion to all you islamaphobes is to stop Judging Islam by the actions of those extreme muslims. Cuz there are black sheep in every religion and group.
Islam isnt a man made religion, even though many muslims have customized it to their own ways. ISlam is the system of life by which Our creator has chosen for all mankind to follow. All of Gods prophets and messengers were muslim - meaning they submitted themselves to the creator of everything and worshiped him alone.
You are all entitled to your own beliefs, but you are also responsible for the path you choose to take in life.

The prophet muhammad never taught the muslims to hate the disbelievers and if you want proof of that, go read about His life, and his companions who are the best examples for people to follow.

Famous biographers of our age have ranked the Prophet Muhammad to be the most profound and influencial human that ever existed. Even God in the Quran Praised Muhammad and ordered the muslims to praise him for his high level of character and morality. No human can possibly compare to the prophet Muhammad and God challenges mankind this. God even challenged Mankind to produce a Quran like his one, even seeking help from the Jinn. But no one until now has produced a scripture better or like the Quran. Because no human wrote the Quran. Arabic is its original and only language. But other languages are just a mere interpretation of it.

Islam means Peace and surrendering to the will of the creator of the heavens and the earth.
I suggest that you all read about Islam with an open mind and open heart and stop judging it based on those
extremists out there.

I have conveyed the message,
Peace.

edit on 6-2-2011 by yahya99 because: A quick edit to some phrases

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

It paints a better and more clear picture as to how humans are capable of using just about any means necessary to try and justify their own selfish hate and desire for malice.

you mean like muslim extremist...........and issues with the Quran? or do you mean the actually FACTS that people ignore....

I think you proved my point in your own post

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

You know, some things are what they are. I used to have a more peaceful, understanding, tolerant, forgiving, and somewhat naive outlook on things.

Then I went to war. Don't get me wrong, I got a lot of trigger time, but in the quiet moments I had a chance to observe and think.

Things that arrive in a certain manner often enough must exit in the same manner.

Secular history as well as the Hadith teaches that Islam was spread through terror, force, mass death, intolerance, and destruction.

Big vipers, little vipers, all vipers. You don't go sifting and sorting once events mandate that the nest or you must go.

Principles of tolerance in war are a very, very recent phenomenon. And really, it's only a cosmetic surface event.

That's all I'm saying.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I mean any fundamentalist and any extremist from any religious faith or group or belief. Hitler wasn't a Muslim, and you can see the damage he inflicted upon the world. Basically do a quick google search on any dictator or nation who has committed acts of mass genocide and violence, and you'll understand how easily a person can use just about anything to spread their extremist ideals.

Yes, some people of the Islamic faith do incorrectly interpret the Quran in order to justify their selfish desire for hatred and violence. I don't think that anybody would argue that. It is a reality. But that kind of behavior isn't limited to the Islamic faith, and for the OP to make it sound like it is, then I have to question the intent of this thread overall, and I have to question how some people are trying to say it's for educational and enlightening purposes. Where again and again the OP and other posters are proving it isn't.

So Islam can promote terrorism. Terrorism promotes fear. People in power will exploit this fear to remove freedoms and gain control that they don't need. Like I said before, the issue isn't so cut and dry.
edit on 6-2-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

They're NOT incorrectly interpreting squat.

The Islamic teachers point out the nuggets of both the Qur'an and the Hadith. They show how the more tolerant verses of the Qur'an were superceded in accordance with their own teachings - to show how they are required to practice violent jihad.

No misinterpretations.

It's right there!

That's WHY so many of these clowns are so fervent. They were shown in their scriptures the why and the what to do.

Do your homework. ALL senior Muslim teachers preach the violence. C'mon!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

Thank you, I appreciate your honesty as well.

A star for you.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

First I will need a source that indicates your claim that -every- senior Muslim teacher preaches violence, preaches that their students should blow themselves up, and preaches that they should directly kill any and every non-believer, at which point I will concede that all of Islam is a violent religion.

But until then, you are wrong.

And I'll explain to you exactly why that is, a point which has been raised repeatedly in this thread. The bible preaches violence and hatred, yet why do we not condemn Christianity and Catholicism as a whole? Because some practitioners interpret the overall texts in a different, more positive light that discourages violence and hatred. They choose the good parts of the book and condemn the bad.

People can interpret anything to mean practically whatever they want to. But what that person is actually doing is projecting what's already inside of them.

And yes, last time I checked the Old Testament, and the parts of the New Testament where it says that the violent parts of the Old Testament are okay, are both still a part of the bible. So why should those parts be ignored?

A person will interpret anything however they want to. That is a fact.
edit on 6-2-2011 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I see it as cut and dry as that.

If I was a Muslim, my solution would be to end my involvement with the religion. I would rather worship God based on the teachings of a man of peace, not a man who spent his life conquering and enslaving people.

For all of us Non-Muslims, who are slowly coming to the conclusion that we will not be able to live with Muslims in peace, that even if most Muslims are moderates the extremists in their midst are too great of a threat, the only option available keeps pointing to a brutal bloody war.

I have known Muslims who admit, they will win unless Europeans fight a bloody war, and wipes out Islam.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

And the best thing to do for the Moderate Muslims, the ones who truly desire peace, is to wake them up to the reality, that as things are going, Europeans will rid themselves of the vipers nest in their midst, should they decide that vipers are living in their midst.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

For all of us Non-Muslims, who are slowly coming to the conclusion that we will not be able to live with Muslims in peace, that even if most Muslims are moderates the extremists in their midst are too great of a threat, the only option available keeps pointing to a brutal bloody war.

I have known Muslims who admit, they will win unless Europeans fight a bloody war, and wipes out Islam.

Being a Hindu here, I'm "supposedly" meant to be the enemy to Muslims....
Well matey, I do not think, I KNOW that I can live with Muslims in peace.

And I know many Muslims who are against "bloody wars" and so on.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by Maslo

The Golden Rule is "do unto others as you would have done unto you," yes?

Why is it wrong for an Islamist to sever a thief's hand, when he expects his own hand to be severed if he steals? He is doing unto another what he would have done unto himself if he had been exposed as a thief.
edit on 6-2-2011 by SmedleyBurlap because: (no reason given)

In the case of harsh punishments against real crimes simple golden rule alone is not enough to show the immorality of it, IF the islamist also expects his own hand to be severed in case of stealing. But it is enough to show the immorality of other things, like forcing his religion upon others by violence, harsh punishments for women for rape and adultery, victimless crimes, gender segregation..

Harsh punishments for real crimes like stealing (if all agree to them and the punishments are the same for all people regardless of for example gender) are probably the most acceptable (or least unacceptable) things in islamism, altrough they can too be proven immoral if you use more advanced version of objective morality (science of morality) than only simple golden rule. It can be proven that the overall level of suffering of sentient beings is greater in societies which practice such punishments (level of hapiness is lower) compared to those which do not practice punishments violating human rights. Thus the islamic moral system is suboptimal (inferior) compared to western moral system.

Now I want to know, do you also consider ideology that preaches violation of basic human rights like islamic fundamentalism bad? Was this just a rhetorical exercise to discover how others justify their opinion against it? If yes, now I too want to know your reasons how do you justify your disagreement with the extremist ideology, especially if you are a moral relativist or nihilist (if it wasnt also just a part of the rhetorical exercise).

edit on 7/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

he is doing unto another what he would have done unto himself if he had been exposed as a thief.

He is free to cut off his own hand for robbery even in western cultures. But why should others be forced to accomodate his belief? Isnt it against your (and mine) precious individuality and liberty?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

Liberty is contained nowhere in the golden rule. If you choose to treat other people as if they are free because you expect them to treat you as free in return, then so be it. There is nothing binding someone to believing in both liberty and the golden rule, they can freely embrace one and reject the other.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by Maslo

Liberty is contained nowhere in the golden rule. If you choose to treat other people as if they are free because you expect them to treat you as free in return, then so be it. There is nothing binding someone to believing in both liberty and the golden rule, they can freely embrace one and reject the other.

I know, that post was not meant to reference the golden rule, but the fact that islamic fundamentalism is also against individual liberty, the thing you seem to value the most. You dont agree with such harmless things like for example educating children in PE or music if their parents dont agree with it (which can even be argued is required by childrens individual liberty), yet you seem to have no problem with ideology that advocates killing for those who dont live according to its rules, or with spreading religion by force. No cognitive dissonance there?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

This thread is not regarding personal experience with individuals of faith. This is regarding the ideology of the faith itself.
edit on 7/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Tell that to the Kashmir Pandits.

www.kashmiri-pandit.org...

400,000 Kashmiri Pandits, constituting 99% of the total population of Hindus living in Muslim majority area of the Kashmir Valley, were forcibly pushed out of the Valley by Muslim terrorists, trained in Pakistan, since the end of 1989. They have been forced to live the life of exiles in their own country, outside their homeland, by unleashing a systematic campaign of terror, murder, loot and arson.

The major dimension of the terrorist violence in Kashmir is the terrorists' commitment to the extermination and subjugation of the Hindus in the state because Hindus do not subscribe to the idea of separation from India, nor do they expect to be governed by the authority of the state which derives its sanction from the law and precedent of Islam. Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus) have always been in the forefront of the struggle against secessionism, communalism and fundamentalism. Hence this peace loving minority with a modern outlook became the main victim of terrorist violence. The strategies involved in the terrorists' operation against the Hindus in Kashmir include:

Attacks, molestations, kidnappings, gang rapes of the women folk of the Hindus in order to instil fear and humiliation in them.

And you think this is fine and dandy?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

they can freely embrace one and reject the other.

It is the rejecting part where things get messy.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by purplemer

This thread is not regarding personal experience with individuals of faith. This is regarding the ideology of the faith itself.
edit on 7/2/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

how can you seperate the two, life is not a test tube experiment. The ideology of the faith creates the personal experience and vice versa. Ideology in practise is a personal experience. I did post ideology as well countering the phobic claims of the thread title.
how on earth does islam promote terrorism, which nations in the last 50 years promoted global terror. they are not nations of islam but those with christian values. I may have given the thread some more credence had it been titles something like christianity promotes terrorism....

kx

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join