It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bush cancels visit to Switzerland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Bush cancels visit to Switzerland for fear of being arrested.
So Iv just heard on sky news. Its about he was water boarded, to find out what he knows about 911 and any thing else.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Article on this story.

A visit by former U.S. President George W. Bush to Switzerland next week has been canceled because of security concerns, after left-wing groups called for mass protests and rights activists sought to bring a legal case against him for ordering the torture of terrorism suspects.

Bush's spokesman David Sherzer said the two-term president was informed Friday by the United Israel Appeal that his Feb. 12 dinner speech in Geneva had been called off.

"We regret that the speech has been canceled," Sherzer told The Associated Press in an e-mail Saturday. "President Bush was looking forward to speaking about freedom and offering reflections from his time in office."

www.salon.com...

edit on 5-2-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Remember this thread a while ago?

Switzerland Issues Arrest Warrant against George W. Bush

link to(Switserland Issues Arrest Warrent against G.W. Bush

It was true after all

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

A foreign country gets it, but the citizens of the U.S. don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Apparently no one wants to hear his tripe about "freedom".
No where to run, no where to hide. The emperor is naked.
Better head on down to those underground bunkers.

Rev. 16:15 tells us they will walk naked and "shamefully exposed". (Check)
Rev.6:16 tells us they will go to the rocks and mountains to hide themselves. (Any time now....)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I remember reading what it was like when he came to montreal. this is just what i read. they were rioting, throwing shoes at him, hold up signs calling him a terroist

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
In my humble opinion Bush is a war criminal and should be tried as such. It will never happen though since he is part of the ruling elite.

Ruling elite...what a joke. I'll be my Stanford-Binet is almost double his. 165 :-)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

He bought some land in Paraquay. Guess thats were he will hide away from the world. There and the states will be about the only safe places for him. Him and bliar banged up in a cell togeather, would be a nice touch. But it wont happen i think.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Maybe Switzerland should spend some of there jew gold on having Bush, Blair, Cheney, Rumsfield and Obama renditiond to face execution for crimes against humanity.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Bush was all about Freedom...............as long as it was in another country and tightly controled by the USA. Here at home he passed the Patriot Act to stiffle it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminnaughty
Bush cancels visit to Switzerland for fear of being arrested.

Actually, according to the article snippet below, it appears that the cancellation was not Bush's idea. It appears he was rejected and later informed that his name had been blotted out.

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross

Bush's spokesman David Sherzer said the two-term president was informed Friday by the United Israel Appeal that his Feb. 12 dinner speech in Geneva had been called off.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

A foreign country gets it, but the citizens of the U.S. don't.

Actually we do get it, and other countries dont.

Its called the Doctrine of Soverign Immunity, and you can thank the BRitish for it. Cant sue or bring a legal case against the king, or in the case a US President for actions taking during his time in office.

But hey, if we want to set that precident go for it. I am sure many Europeans leaders would have a fun time being charged in a US court for violating UN resolutions on doing business with Iran and Iraq during the embargos. Or maybe we can look into the ingoring of humanitarian diasaters in Africa in order for germany to retain their disel electric projects, or France wanting to sell military products to China even though a UN embargo exists because of their actions in Tibet.

Its not a one way road.. If you guys are so ready to open the door,s then be prepared to accept all consequences of it. Which will include a complete ignoring of any national soveriegnty of European nations, since the US is not part of the International Criminal Court, and US citizens are not subject to foreign courts when actions were undertaken inside the territorial boundaries of the United States.

But what the hell.. take a roll of the dice and see what happens.
edit on 7-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join