It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Ain't Just Mubarak -- 7 of the Worst Dictators the U.S. Is Backing to the Hilt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguehuman
I dont know why mubarak needs that 1 billion something dollar per year aid when he is losing about 3billion dollars a year by selling gas to israel at a very low price. Egypt doesn't need america's aid, if they sell gas to israel at the international price they can sustain themselves without any aid

The billion dollar aid is not money sent to some bank account ... The aid is a military aid (military hardware)

www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

If you look at history you will see anywhere there was a political vacuum, the Soviets would fill it.

Rather than reacting to them filling a vacuum, we chose to be proactive in the 70s.

It has nothing to do with morals or ethics. It was about security and stability. A balance of power had to be maintained to prevent the outbreak of global conflict. Had the balance leaned in the USSR's favor we would have had a world war. Hundreds of millions of people would have been killed in a world war between the USSR and the USA. It could have destroyed modern cvilization.

If you do not understand how real the threat was of global war, especially nuclear war, there is no point in debating.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
It has nothing to do with morals or ethics...

Apparently.

Banality of evil is a phrase coined by Hannah Arendt and incorporated in the title of her 1963 work Eichmann in Jerusalem: A Report on the Banality of Evil. It describes the thesis that the great evils in history generally, and the Holocaust in particular, were not executed by fanatics or sociopaths, but rather by ordinary people who accepted the premises of their state and therefore participated with the view that their actions were normal.en.wikipedia.org...

Which is to say, there is always a really good reason, for some.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

If you do not understand how real a ditactorship is there is no point in debating.

fixed. And there are americans who don't understand why south americans don't like their gov.

edit on 6/2/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I cannot believe there are people who think the USSR was a better alternative. You need to talk to people who lived under Soviet style oppression and ask them what they think.

I had a professor who grew up in the Soviet Union and was there during glasnost and perestroika. Even then you do the wrong thing and you and your family could just disappear.

People also like to forget or ignore that Stalin killed more of his own people, than Hitler killed in Europe.
edit on 6/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: s

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackcube
And there are americans who don't understand why south americans don't like their gov.

Ok maybe you could educate me...

Which South Americans don't like their Governments?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I cannot believe there are people who think the USSR was a better alternative. You need to talk to people who lived under Soviet style oppression and ask them what they think.

It was the alternative you bought into. There are always people who will rationalise evil...and those who resist.
No surprise your erstwhile President is finding the world a little smaller all of a sudden.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I had a professor who grew up in the Soviet Union and was there during glasnost and perestroika. Even then you do the wrong thing and you and your family could just disappear.

People also like to forget or ignore that Stalin killed more of his own people, than Hitler killed in Europe.
edit on 6/2/11 by MikeboydUS because: s

Amazing the fact that you KNOW that soviet oppression would install in these countries.
How do you know that?
I am just wondering who is staring you....probable don't have a clue what is a dictatorship and have complete confidence that the your government did the "right" thing to support the dictatorships because these countries would 100% sure go pro-USSR and make evil things to the "west". Hmmm I think I just saw this movie before many times

edit on 6/2/11 by blackcube because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by blackcube
And there are americans who don't understand why south americans don't like their gov.

Ok maybe you could educate me...

Which South Americans don't like their Governments?

Sorry my english.

South Americans don't like USA government for a good reason.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

So you assume to speak for all 371,090,000 South Americans?

How about just giving your opinion and let others speak for themselves.
God forbid if I actually assumed to be able to speak for all 528,720,588 North Americans...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wish I could say more about this. The stories go around the planet as the CIA promotes the work of their corporate masters. There are heaps of similar cases throughout modern history, yet it still continues, still supported. What is it going to take to change the situation?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join