It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Society of Inner Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Greetings:

Does anyone have any experience with Dion Fortune's Society of Inner Light?
Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As for the Society of Inner Light itself as a group, I've not any direct experience. But a relevant quote recently posted in another thread is interesting:

Originally posted by Tamahu

"We recommend The Mystical Qabbalah by Dion Fortune and my book Tarot and Kabbalah. These books are essential; study them." - Samael Aun Weor

Just about everything by Dion Fortune that we have studied is excellent!

edit on 5-2-2011 by Tamahu because: edited spacing

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

Thanks. I am reading The Mystical Qabalah now. I am looking for sources or groups to study magick with and find a lot of correspondence programs that I am not too happy with.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Dion Fortune was an Initiate of the White Lodge. Nonetheless, there are very many contemporary lodges now that are still stuck in their Piscean ways; and are therefore stagnant, because they refuse to accept the teachings of the Aquarian Era, the Dionysian Wave, or the Dayspring of Youth:

The Dayspring of Youth. — "A cosmic hierarchal energy that appears at the beginning of a new age in man's development. It is now entering this world, and, through Yoga practice, the student attempts to tune himself into this directing consciousness and intelligence that is to revert man to an understanding of Nature's laws." - M

"I bluntly affirm that all the books which have been written in the world about Theosophism, Rosicrucianism, Spiritualism, etc., are completely antiquated for the new Aquarian Era, and therefore they must be revised in order to extract from them only what is essential. Here, I, Samael Aun Weor, deliver onto humanity the authentic message that the White Lodge sends to humanity for the new Aquarian Era." - Samael Aun Weor

The teachings of the Society of Inner Light, the Anthroposophical Society, the Theosophical Society, the Golden Dawn, the Philosophical Research Society, the Rosicrucian Fellowship, etc. are good. However they are not enough anymore, because Magic without Sexual Magic is like, as Samael Aun Weor says, how Yoga without Tantra is like a garden without water.

We are in the last days, so there is no time to keep the Great Arcanum secret anymore.

Of course it is taught that we can complete the Initiations of Minor Mysteries, as a bachelor or bachelorette. However, as the Dalai Lama teaches, one cannot complete the Completion Stage (of the Major Mysteries) of Tantra without Karmamudra (Sexual Magic).

Since you are not having much luck finding good esoteric instruction, here are some links to worldwide Gnostic-Lumisials if you're interested:

Gnostic-Community

A Map of Gnostic Schools

edit on 5-2-2011 by Tamahu because: added link

top topics

join