It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shifting MagneticPoles and It's Effects on the Human Brain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is it possible that the shift taking place with the magnetic poles can have
an effect on our brains and change our thoughts?

I'll admit I am no scientist and I could be completely wrong about this.
But there has been numerous studies done on how magnetism can
affect our thoughts. Is it possible this pole shift can change the way
we think?

It began as just another research project, in this case to examine the effects of various drugs on patients with a severe mood disorder. Using an advanced brain scanning technology--the clumsily named echo-planar magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging procedure, or EP-MRSI--researchers at Boston's McLean Hospital scanned the medicated and unmedicated brains of 30 people with bipolar disorder in order to detect possible new treatments for the more than 2 million American adults who suffer from the disease. But something unexpected happened. A patient who had been so depressed she could barely speak became ebullient after the 45- minute brain scan. Then a second patient, who seemed incapable of even a wan smile, emerged actually telling jokes. Then another and another. Was this some bizarre coincidence? Aimee Parow, the technician who made these observations (she is now a medical student in New York) didn't think so. She mentioned the patients' striking mood shifts to her boss, and together they completely refocused the study: to see if the electromagnetic fields might actually have a curative effect on debilitating melancholy.

Magnetism and the Brain

And another..

Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is a noninvasive method to cause depolarization in the neurons of the brain. TMS uses electromagnetic induction to induce weak electric currents using a rapidly changing magnetic field; this can cause activity in specific or general parts of the brain with minimal discomfort, allowing the functioning and interconnections of the brain to be studied. A variant of TMS, repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), has been tested as a treatment tool for various neurological and psychiatric disorders including migraines, strokes, Parkinson's disease, dystonia, tinnitus, depression and auditory hallucinations.

WikiPedia

There's been other studies done that can also show a negative impact on the brain.

Moral judgments often have less to do with outcome and more to do with intention. Take murder, for instance: The U.S. legal system makes distinctions between a crime committed in the heat of the moment and one that is planned ahead of time. But moral judgments may not be as sacrosanct as we believe: MIT scientists have shown that they can alter our moral judgments simply by magnetically interfering with a certain part of the brain.

Negative effects of magnetism on the brain

Both our brains and our hearts have their own electromagnetic fields. It almost seems
to be impossible that a magnetic pole shift would NOT change the way we think.
What do you guys think?
edit on 5-2-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

I think the Buddhists are on to something i.e. don't get attached to your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Interesting idea. I had heard that the proximity of the moon to the Earth affects the human brain, which is why full moons bring out all the madness.

Not too sure about the actual science of it myself, but I do know that there was a study done recently which showed how magnets placed at either side of the brain can greatly affect how the individual behaves!

Also cool avatar! The Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood? John William Waterhouse if I'm not mistaken!

Star and Flag hopefully more sciencey folks come along soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

The pole is constantly shifting, it moves about daily.

I'm also wondering how you can relate concentrated medical devices such as an MRI with earth's magnetism?

edit on 5/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I try not to claim things I know nothing about, but does this make anyone else wonder about the nasa moon landing? I've often wondered if we can even leave the safety of earth's magnetic field due to the effects on the brain. Puzzling to me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Various EM fields have various impact on animal/human behaviour. We had evolved in fluctuating low intensity low frequency EM field of Earth+Sun+planets. Full moon/new moon is in line between Sun and Earth hence strongly affecting natural EM field of Earth/Sun complex. BTW this may be scientific explanation of base of astrology. Schumann resonances frequencies are practically identical to "brain waves" frequencies. Our brains and bodies are tuned to those Schumann frequencies. Maybe Schumann resonance is basic clock similar to computer clock of all earthly life.
This is extremely interesting and not widely known (because of military applications) field of research. Every object on every scale - from subatomic particles through molecules and animal organs to tectonic plates - have some resonance frequency. With relatively small energy input you can achieve great reaction if you know how to "play" the object.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If I go out and look at the north.
If then I turn around 180 degrees and face the south.
Isn't that a "virtual" pole shift? Does it kill me?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Interesting idea. I had heard that the proximity of the moon to the Earth affects the human brain, which is why full moons bring out all the madness.

I've heard that, but the Moon is always full..
We just don't see it all because it's in shadow..
Doesn't mean it isn't all there though..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by looofo

LOL! Are you dead yet?

2nd line

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I've been hearing a number of different frequencies ringing in my ears lately. I wonder if frequencies in this way would be a part of such a pole shift.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I found this today too. I wish I understood these things better. But here is
a pic of the the magnetosphere here. It looks like something weird is going
on. Can someone interpret? Magnetosphere

Oops! The bottom pic is dated 2003 so it is probably not accurate today.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Sorry for of topic but I can not resist when I read your signature. Author of the quote is also author of the term "humanitarian bombardment" and many other logical and human lapses. Some time picture speak better then thousands words:

While I agree with meaning of the quote, the author is totally discredited in my eyes. I'm not sure if he was from the start but surely he became pawn of US/TPTB interests. Pathetic puppet.

---------------
Try to put this search string into google images search:

earth magnetic field sun interaction

You will probably be amazed by complexity of our wider environment. Space really is not "empty".
edit on 5-2-2011 by zeddissad2 because: to add something on topic

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Why cant she? She did say she is not an expert and shared her thoughts of the possibility of there being an effect on the human brain/thoughts as the earth undergoes magnetic shifts/changes. The relation obviously being the magnetic effects of the MRI and the shifting of the magnetic poles. Yes, the MRI is concentrated and is powerful up close and personal but nothing beats the magnetic power of our planet. Who knows the effect(s).

S&F!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
We ahve an interesting new field of magnetics and the brain opening up ahead of us.
I understand that magnetic stimulation of the brain also gives results in memory and in assimilating information as well.
The research is ongoing.
Certainly the OP is onto something profound here, and it may be from this springs the whole concept of the Mayan predictions that we will be changing from the fourth to the fifth world in 2012.
Other groups also have made predictions on human consciousness going through a change during this period.
Attributed to various sources, the change is spiritually for the better,and to a "higher vibrational rate "supposedly.
All this and more could be true to some extent with polar magnetic shift or loss of the magnetic field of earth as it changes from one pole to the other.Fluctuations in the magnetic field of earth will definately cause minute , if not greater changes in the human thought processes, though they may be undetectable by our intstruments or our senses.
As we are elictrically based consciousnesses, it is inconcievable that change in the surrounding magnetic fields wont cause some difference, however slight.
Though little is yet understood about all this, it think we are about to be educated soon.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well something sure is afftection the human brain big time.. The whole human race is losing it mind. Every one is acting differant and doing things they would never do. I do not not what is going on but I think this is only the start

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

So why not look for research carried out on the effects of the earth's magnetic field on humans instead of the effects of MRI's on humans?

You can't compare the two.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Not humans but quite near:
www.scientificamerican.com...

We know for many years that fish and birds sense magnetic field of Earth (it is not only Earth but Solar system and probably our galaxy ... it is complex system). Many people do not sleep well during full moon, police statistics correlate with moon phases (sorry, no source now). Gravitational influence of Moon is not sufficient IMO ... EM field changes may be very rational explanation.

-------
This is title of original study:
Burda, Hynek; Begall, Sabine; Červený, J.; Neef, J.; Nemec, P.:
Extremely low-frequency electromagnetic fields disrupt magnetic alignment of ruminants.
In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA, (2009) ; 106(14), S. 5708-5713

Other interesting stuff may be found on page of leading author:
Hynek Burda
edit on 5-2-2011 by zeddissad2 because: adddd

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
More cool stuff on how geomagnetic fields affect us.

Psi Is a Geomagnetic Field Correlate Paranormal experiences (sensed presence, time distortion, information acquisition, death crisis, eccentric thinking) can be "induced" by a variety of fields. They are associated with geomagnetic activity or lack of it and neuronal activity of the temporal lobes. Sources of stimuli range from chaotic activity to field effects. Paranormal beliefs are related to paranormal experiences, often substituting for traditional religious beliefs. We live in a dense soup of natural and artificial magnetic fields induced by electric charges moving through electric fields. Each event we experience as humans is centered in its own electromagnetic field. Psi phenomena [healing, telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, remote viewing, psychokinesis, poltergeists, hauntings] are complex field effects. A field is a matrix, a region of influence that invisibly connects two or more points in space or time with visible, informational or energetic effects.

Geomagnetics

In "Geomagnetic Field Effects in Anomalous Dreams and the Akashic Field," Krippner reports a relationship between geomagnetic fluctuations, lunar cycle, and sunspot activity with anomalous dreams, including telepathic, clairvoyant and precognitive content. Other factors, including the holographic mechanism (vacuum wave interference patterns) of the nonlocal zero-point field may also be influential. In psi tests, "hits" and "misses" are statistically significant relative to geomagnetic fields.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think the centrifigal force of Earth's rotation and sudden pole shift DEFINITELY affects Chadwickus... LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE THINGS!!!

edit on 5-2-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Actually you were right about it being recent and its not in 03, its set in Universal Time, that is year, month, day. So it would be 2011, February, third.

The magnetosphere goes through times of flux, specifically when outside forces are changing, like the sun. However this "flux" has been going on since the beginning of the year and has lasted longer than usual.

I personally believe that all the recent ill earthly events are connected in a natural-synthetic-natural paradigm, I have no hard supporting evidence to explain WHY and HOW it's all connected, but I don't believe in coincidence.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad2

"Many people do not sleep well during full moon, police statistics correlate with moon phases... "

Yes, and don't forget that there's always an influx of women in labor at your local hospital during a full moon, and the kids at your local school are ALL hyperactive during a full moon. Just ask any teacher. I don't have a source for either of those. I am your source.
I've worked in school for 2 decades, and heard the statement "must be a full moon" coming from exasperated teachers more times than I can count-- and they were most often spot on! Regarding the 'more births' claim, my daughter was born a few days early- on a full moon- and the place was so swamped they ran out of rooms and had to put me in a makeshift room for several hours.

I've always thought the moon effected brains and births due to the high water content in both areas of the body. (Think 'high tide' LoL!) Also, interesting side-note, amniotic fluid is very much like the oceans in terms of saline content.... and we start off looking like tadpoles... have gills at some point... but I'm way off topic now!

Interesting, I haven't considered electromagnetic interplay, I always just figured it was a gravitational effect like that of the tides. Hmmm... must consider this paradigm.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join