It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook will end on March 15th!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowgirl
Arghhhh,....can you please look atthe bigger picture here....ok so it's not closing down, it's all a hoax...BUT the fact remains that this has gone viral and people WILL believe it...my point is that once people start looking into the date they will discover that it nicely coincides with the recent pole-shift story (which I have linked to)...NOW..this will cause people to panic and think the world is going to end and mass hysteria will ensue....get it??

How hard is it to grasp the concept behind this post??...

just admit to your mistakes. We all make mistakes. I surely do. I am sure anyone who looks at the logo at the top of the page and subsequently checks the main page of the site will see that it is a parody site.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Time to go start a "save our facebook" group.
Can't let the people take this one lying down.
Something needs to be done about this otherwise youLube will be next and then after that Goofle

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think we need to use our heads here, if Oprah needs to let people know a year before she goes off the air then f/b needs to give at least a 3 year notice or people will be putting spoons in their eyes from fb withdrawl. Unfortunately fb will be here on March 16th. The big question is will we be? Just kidding I love the articles on this site though lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Arghhhh,....can you please look atthe bigger picture here....ok so it's not closing down, it's all a hoax...BUT the fact remains that this has gone viral and people WILL believe it...my point is that once people start looking into the date they will discover that it nicely coincides with the recent pole-shift story (which I have linked to)...NOW..this will cause people to panic and think the world is going to end and mass hysteria will ensue....get it??

How hard is it to grasp the concept behind this post??...

Let me explain something to you. There are, and have been other more important world events that are currently going on, that will cause people to ponder the idea of the world ending. Facebook...even if it did fall off the face of the net, is certainly not the catalyst to cause mass panic and hysteria.

EDIT.
Well, for most people that is...

edit on 5-2-2011 by Moose318 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Moose318

Ok...I'm not saying that their will be mass hysteria because of the facebook rumour (a lot of people will think it's the end of the world as they know it because they don't actually have a life other than facebook but still...)

I said that the mass hysteria will come once people have a dig around and see that the supposed date of facebook closing is the same date that this pole shift is supposedly happening...THAT is what will cause the panic...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Beware the Ides of March: Ever since the assissination of Julius Gaius Caesar on the 15th of March it has been a favorite day to pick for doom and gloom prophecies.

Whether it's to not go to the Senate, not to go to Earth or not to go to Facebook on that day, well it's six and one half dozen of another.

Yet logic dictates it's a 'false' story, simply because if the Owner of the Enterprise was tired of running it, he would simply sell it to someone.

Predicting the exact date of a massive pole shift is also quite problematic. Considering the planets very real and very solvable political problems, I certainly can see why the media owned by the Corporate and Political Elite would love for people to focus attention on imaginary problems that can't be solved.

No what the owner of a private company wants to do is not something you can easily solve, no what Mother Nature wants to do can't be solved either.

Worrying about it is kind of silly, and just plays right into the hands of the Corporate Shadow Government who really don't want you focused on the rise of the Police State and the slow but steady march to a One World Government.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

Did you see that article about the giant squid?

"Diablos Rojos"? of course.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

For the record anything that might cause Weekly World News readers and FB addicts ALL to go all lemming at the same time????

Maybe there is a happy ending here.

~Heff

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I guess I better tell all my fb friends it was nice knowing them.
First, let me check what the Onion has to say about this.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Ok...I'm not saying that their will be mass hysteria because of the facebook rumour (a lot of people will think it's the end of the world as they know it because they don't actually have a life other than facebook but still...)

I said that the mass hysteria will come once people have a dig around and see that the supposed date of facebook closing is the same date that this pole shift is supposedly happening...THAT is what will cause the panic...

Yeah, Yeah I get your point...Tampa had to shut down their airport because of the magnetic pole shift and rebuild a new runway facing north. That was all over the news... I am sorry, but I do not think a facebook hoax will open up the general populations eyes to a world calamity via a poleshift if the Weather phenomenon, Mass animal die offs, Job loss, Poor economy, Obama,Tampa shutting down and riots and civil unrest in Egypt hasn't already done so.

Peace and wisdom to you my friend

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yep, yep. Chances are if there's a pole shift, FaceBook will probably shut down.

The fact that two rumors happen to share the same date means virtually nothing. One could have easily have stemmed from the other. The stretch here is a bit much.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
What a fake thread

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snowgirl

sounds too good to be true!!! lol all good news like that does

just think of the spying,watching and gathering of info the security agencies are doing, no way would it be shut down, plus if he was sick of it he would just sell it and get his millions/billions that the company is worth, not just pack it up

one more thing,
pole shift will never make MSM news. ever

good your keeping an eye out on the news section tho

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I had to read the OP twice because, even though I thought I understood it the first time, it seemed everybody was responding to something completely different. I looked at it the second time and discovered that everybody else just simply refuses to read the OP message and just makes assumptions based on the link.

In any case, good connection, SnowGirl. The crowd that believes in the FaceBook drama is not the same crowd that believes in the Alex Jones/deleted caller drama. Both of those parties are extreme. Combine the two peoples and you might very well get some doom and hysteria. FarmVille elitists teaming up with Tin Foil elitists... it will be one heck of a shin-dig!

Good find, OP.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This rumor has been circulating for a while now. CNN debunked it on Jan. 10.

There's a silly rumor exploding on the Internet this weekend, alleging that Facebook is shutting down on March 15 because CEO Mark Zuckerberg "wants his old life back," and desires to "put an end to all the madness."

We have official confirmation from Facebook Director of Corporate Communications Larry Yu that the rumor is false.

I really love the closing sentence of the article....and the answer is overwhelmingly YES!

The fact that this absurd hoax spread so efficiently makes us wonder: Will people believe anything?

articles.cnn.com... :TECH

Follow the link for the rest of the story.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318

Yeah, Yeah I get your point...Tampa had to shut down their airport because of the magnetic pole shift and rebuild a new runway facing north. That was all over the news...
Peace and wisdom to you my friend

tough they just had to renumber the runway not build anotherone, they number runways by which ever way the runway faces, eg: 110 is facing 110degrees from north.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Darn, it's a hoax.

I was about to dance for joy...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

Okay, yes my mistake, They didn't rebuild one they renumbered it. Either way, it is due to magnetic shift and was all over the news. Thanks for correcting me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Isn't Weekly World News a joke news site?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This has been a proven hoax! I can't believe people will believe this hoax.
www.snopes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join