It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt-Israel gas pipeline attacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"Jihadists suggested that Muslims in Sinai take advantage of Egyptian unrest and strike the Arish-Ashkelon gas pipeline, arguing that it would have a major impact on Israel," Site said. Site quoted one Islamist website author as saying: "To our brothers, the Bedouins of Sinai, the heroes of Islam, strike with an iron fist, because this is a chance to stop the supply to the Israelites."

Egypt-Israel gas pipeline attacked

Well it was obvious they would have taken advantage of the situation in Egypt.

It's been making me wonder what the outcome of the unrest in Egypt will be. See, as far as I understand Hosni Mubarak is a tyrant but a very valuable tyrant. He's been oppressing his opposition for a long time now, and some of them consist of radical groups that otherwise would have turned Egypt into another Afghanistan or Iraq.

I saw an interview on SkyNews with Tony Blair and the thing he stressed most is that the situation in Egypt should be carefully monitored because some radical groups might take advantage of it. Which seems to be happening already.

I mean Egypt and Jordan are Israels only two allies in the middle east both countries are protesting and I think if you were to be living in Israel you'd be stressing right about now. Anything could happen. What if the leaders who'll replace the current ones don't accept Israel as a legit country or even starts supporting terrorists.

That's just the worst case scenario. Not saying it will happen, but it's a possibility.

I hope nothing bad happens and I hope Egypt gets to know what it's like to live in a true democracy. Just saying the situation is very unpredictable at this point and where it goes from here nobody knows.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
It appears they did some significant damage to the pipelines - wonder if oil will
continue to flow. Perhaps we will get images later in the day. Things are really
getting out of control! S @ F

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Here's one picture on Msnbc - Egypt-Israel gas pipeline

Though in this article is says there might have been a gas leak. Even so, everyone is on high alert.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

Here's another link-Israel wary of Islamic militants in Egypt

Jerusalem - Israel's prime minister said on Monday his country's primary concern in Egypt is that the current crisis could create a void in which Islamic militants step in and endanger decades of peaceful relations between the two countries.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, I know that if I was a leader of a fring faction bent on making my point by whatever means necessary, I would take advantage of a disruption of government to do damage. I might even try to skew it so that it looks like my enemies did it and tried to pin it on me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This will force Israel to go back into the Sinai and all hell is gonna break loose. US (Obama) and EU have turned their back on the Israeli's. Another middle east war looming as a high possibility.

Remember Obama said in his book he will stand with the muslims when the time comes. The time has come. This guy has got to go.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I haven't read Obama's book yet but I do agree that the situation in the middle east it currently very explosive. Anything could trigger a full scale war.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here is a link to the pipeline burning.

pipeline

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Good. All this posturing and political crap is merely delaying the inevitable. They need to fight it out and get it over with.

That's probably not a popular opinion, but if you keep picking a festering wound, you just spread the infection. sometimes you have to bleed.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This act of destruction, of terrorism is brought to you by, "The religion of peace".
sigh
Nothing good will come of this.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
This act of destruction, of terrorism is brought to you by, "The religion of peace".
sigh

How is this "terrorism" as opposed to just plain criminal?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

sigh

Good point. Supposition on my part, but any act of destruction that effects another country, could be labeled as such.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

sigh

Good point. Supposition on my part, but any act of destruction that effects another country, could be labeled as such.

Semantics, I suppose. I just bristle at the term "terrorism" because it is used so blatently these days as a way to trigger an emotional response.

top topics

join