It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gathering List of underground facilities in US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I know there is at least an underground tunnel at MacDill AFB that connects the SOCOM and CENTCOM buildings and it would be entirely possible that there is a facitlity under there.
The CENTCOM building goes underground at least 1 floor that I know of.
I have been inside there a couple times when my pop was in the service.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ozello, south east of Crystal River in Florida. im not sure if it is an underground base but there is something going on there, it is totally surrounded by swamps and there are armoured guards at the one entrance to the facility. I have never heard of a base here but there is something going on, there are signs around the perimiter giving a Goverment warning that trespassers will be shot on sight when they enter the grounds, Naturally i just skirted round the edge of the area of signs but i couldnt see and building or anything.

[Edited on 31-7-2003 by seedy_sid]

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
What are the odds that the military would use abandoned coal mines that only locals know about for a underground facility and having nearly silent Helo patrols and Unmarked Jeeps chasing people off the land.. I don't want to disclose the area in case it is something important

posted on Mar, 29 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Speer31337
What are the odds that the military would use abandoned coal mines that only locals know about for a underground facility and having nearly silent Helo patrols and Unmarked Jeeps chasing people off the land.. I don't want to disclose the area in case it is something important

I'd say the chances could be good and bad. Think about this:

Abandoned coal mines are usually evacuated for only two reasons.

A. The mine ran out of resources and was no longer profitable.
B. The miners hit an aquifer, or underground toxic gas, and could not continue mining for safety reasons.

Find out why the mine was abandoned, and then you'll have your answer.

Mr. M

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A friend's dad ran equipment in it. Said it was no longer profitable... So.. I don't know what to think.. but the patterns of aircraft in the area are kinda freaky since its a relative low point and yet they fly below the tree lines.. ?!?! I dunno.. Any ideas about what might be going on if not government based?

posted on Mar, 30 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Thats no all of them, each state has atleast 2-3...plus new underground facilities are being built each year.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There is also a location somewhere at Ft. Campbell Ky

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Hill Are Force Bace, Utah is another one. Please email me your list, I am doing the same type of research, maybe we can team up (talking to the creator of this thread).

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
No promises on this one, but...

I live in upper Northeast Tennessee (on the border with Virginia). Less than five mintues from my house there is an army amunition plant, and my brother-in-law actually used to work there. It is called Holston Defense and is actually located in the Hawkins County annex of Kingsport, TN. The base was built in 1942, but over the years they ran out of room to store things. Since 1961, Holston Defense has been the only manufacturer for a high explosive chemical powder used in making HE lenses for nuclear weapons.

Back to the running out of room deal, they had to start putting the ammo somewhere. So sometime in the 1970s, the word is that they began digging farther into the hills so that they could bury the ammo. This is all fine and dandy, but there is an extremely high amount of (mostly black) helicopters that fly in and out of the hills at Holston Defense, as well as numerous late night fly overs (low to the ground) during the summer months. These activities have been going on for a while now, and there are some people around here that believe there is more than just ammunition in those hills. If I were you, I would look further into the matter, but as far as I am concerned this would be an ideal place to build an underground facility. Because you can't just place ammo under the ground in mountains like these. An operation like that would have to include something like a steel frame with concrete, which would set a place up to build and entire underground facility (at least a small one)...

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hawthorne NV has been a huge "Ammo DumP" since before Korean War. Even from Hwy 95, one drives for miles and miles throuh little mini-bunkers as far as the eye can see. Oddly enough, just the otherday I saw the longesttain I have ever seen on a barely used RR track, and every single car was marked "US GOVT, Explosive, or US Army". We lost count after something absurd like 161 cars. Armed guards all over that train, too.

Also in Hawthorne is a Naval Underwater Warfare something or a nother, and word is that "they" test unmaned underwater vehicles and self-guiding underwater robots in Walker Lake. They test there because theydon't want to lose the robots in the oceans (think V-GER in aquatic form). Several avi fisherman pals quit going to Walker Lake after a "..large object, about twice as round as an oil barrel (55 Gal drum)" bumped their boat, surfaced, and then took a picture or video of them thru a clear dome on top of said object. Some of the old Indians (my clients) say there are huge caverns under and around Walker Lake.

So, don't forget t include " Underwater Facilities. Much harder to observe but definitely feasible

Virginia City, NV, America's Largest Historical district and home of the Comstock Lode-86 Billion $$$ Gold-and Silver Vein found in 1862-64 9that which popped up the Union Army to buy French Guns, steel, and supplies in the Stalemate Summer of the Civil War, thus enabling the final kickin of the South's Arse)

Anwy, Virginia Ciy, to this day, has over 750 miles of mines, tunnels, and shafts underneath the quaint little Western Tourist trap, and the most fmous Tunnel in the West, the massive Sutro Tunnel which runs clean through
Mt. Davidson for like 16 or 18 miles. Sutro Tunnel, once open to the public, has been closed the past few years, and word is that late night convoys of unmarked Hummers and Trucks run in and out on a regular basis.
I lived in Virginia City for about five years up until a few years ago, and I always noticed a verrrrry subtle Air Fore presence, the occasional convoy and always, an interference on AM, but a regularly timed " Roster Wave" sort of buzzzz buzzzz every four minutes or so. Some fellow ham radio operators have also complained that a regular repitition across All Bands and Freq. interrupts them particularly at night.

Lastly, and ths is a new one, I'm personally convinced that there is a new Area 51 somewhere in Washoe Valle. After the usual Reno commercial flights and approaches are all done by, say, midnight, a whole nother kind of low fast, silent breed of aircraft, on different approach than the commercial guys, can be seen right on the ridges. Small planes? with four "cross shaped" lights, in and out of Mt. Davidson all night for several nights in a row , than not at all for a while.

So,um, keep looking down, folks

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
also, lets not forget all the things that could be probed by the feds and all the governmental facilitys. Everything from hospitals to fast food joints has to be checked by the gov, there could be a link...

I will soon make a whole database (w/that group on yahoo) of all these places.

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by observatory2
So,um, keep looking down, folks

What is that supposed to mean?
Do you mean that to be related to the frequences, the ideas we have, or something I don't know/understand yet. lol, just wondering.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hmmm.... Talking about SW VA, NE TN...
I'm from that area orginally. My wife and I made a trip up there. One day we just were driving around and got lost. We came upon a dirt road (but it was a numbered county road). Drove down it a bit until we came upon a high chain link fence gate with wire on top that blocked the road. We didn't see any signs or guards. But, turned around and went back.

We left for home early the next morning (4:30am). There is basically only 1 main road in/out of the area we were in. A covered army truck passed us going in.

DOH - forgot and had to do the edit. I knew some folks that had worked at Oak Ridge for years. They used to say, "Heck about 1/2 the mountains around there are hollow."

Also - the mention of Crystal River in FL. We were camping on the Rainbow River. All of sudden - zoom - here are two Apache helecopters that fly in low over the tree tops. Fly over the camp ground, turn and then disappear over the trees again.. weird.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Frogs]

cma

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I would reccomend for anyone looking for REALLY secret governemtn places to look at lists like the one on the origional post and compare it to REAL UFO sightings and where government places are, usually air force baces...

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I can confirm you suspicion of Kingsport, Tn, most of that complex is Underground storage, for not just ammo, they have some pretty rare metals, catch my drift there as well

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I like the way you speak, but do not forget that this is also in the HAWKINS COUNTY ANNEX of Kingsport. Which is important...because if you are familiar with the city of Kingsport, this area was once listed as Hawkins County, but was annexed by Kingsport in the 1970s. Look into how far those underground "ammo storages" go in each direction. Sullivan County does not start until the river bridge, and the mountains are more spacious in Hawkins County. Plus the recent $7.5 million dollars owed to Hawkins County municipalities for underground piping from that Knoxville Company seems a bit excessive for "normal" piping...what do you think about that?

posted on May, 27 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I live in a small town on the Potomac River in Virginia. Population of no more than 3,000. We have artesian wells running underneath the whole town into the Potomac. My grandparents who live here also, have a man-hole cover in the center of an old shed that hasn't been used for years. They told me that it used to be used for bringing water to the surface. I have lived here since I was a kid and discovered the man-hole when I was about 10 or so. Sometimes during the day and EVERY night, I can hear machinery sounds from the man-hole since I discovered it. My grandparents told me it was my imagination, but all of my friends that have been to the old shed have also confirmed the sounds. One day out of curiosity (about a year in a half ago) we (j2 of my friends and I) opened the man-hole cover only to discover that there was a metal plate pushed up to the man-hole cover from below. I showed this to my grandfater (a Vietnam vet) and when he saw it he had a look on his face in which I have never seen before from him. It was a kind of shocking reaction. He told me that I need'nt worry about it and to not go near the man-hole cover again.

When my grandfather left the house the day after, I went out to the man-hole cover, opened it and tapped hardly on the metal plate to see if I could tell if it was thin metal or thick. It sounded like it could be about 6-12 inches thick. North of us on the river, about 1-2 miles or so, is Dahlgren Naval Surface Warfare Weapons Facility and testing range (on the river itself). Many have told me that they too hear strange machinery sounds at random times during the day and night, whether it's people cutting their grass or at school, almost everyone has felt or heard it.

Does anyone have any cluse as to why I hear these sound coming from below the man-hole cover and why there is a metal plate there which could have only been placed from below to the top as if there were someone down there at one time to do it?

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Has to your post there are at least 5 AT&T Troposcatter Relay Station's
which contain underground bunkers and facilites.
I know of one that is atop Hearthstone Mountain west of Hagerstown MD.

coldwardc.homestead.com...

These bunkers are very top secret and not much is known.

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Almost forgot I found something really intresting has to the communications of these facilities and who they communicate to.

www.tbrnews.org...

posted on May, 28 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Site R (raven Rock) is just the most hardened portion of a LARGE base that runs from at least MD to PA.

Site B is the a helipad and missile silo located in washington county MD.
North of that is Site C, a communication center for the chain of bases. You can see the blast doors to the back up com towers from public land.

North of that is camp david.

North of that is site R.

These are the ones I know of from military friends in the area.

Here is the kicker... Site B, C, a camp *D*avid are all in order alphabeticly....then there is a long strech of mountains without roads, then it picks up at Site R.

Just FYI from someone who grew up in the area.

Also of note there is a HEAVY magnetic field near site R easily picked up with a cheap compass even. This has been speculated to be either a particle collider or underground maglev system. Probably neither.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join