It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnosis By LCD Becoming Increasingly Rampant!(w/Videos)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Recently, several videos of people falling as the result of staring in to the glow of their electronic mobile devices have become the focus of media attention.

Article:www.infowars.com...

Videos from article:

I've seen things like this where I live. People are entranced by their gadgets and forget where they are. I've seen people ice skating while talking on their cell phones. On buses at night, every row is lit up with the eerie glow of tiny blue screens of hand-held devices. The noise factor alone can be quite annoying as most people don't bother to use ear buds.

I regularly see people absent-mindedly walking into traffic or bumping into people while trying hit a game on their PSP or watch a movie on their MP4 player during their commute. I myself have had a couple of close calls because I was busy trying to hammer out an SMS on my smart phone when I shouldn't have been.

We live in an increasingly disconnected society where we are all but forced to live in both the real and cyber-world simultaneously. Things are becoming odd indeed.

edit on 5-2-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: wording.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
This is the first i am hearing of this Thanks for sharing very strange. Makes you wonder if it is the light from the screen doing it...or something that happens to be on the screen.
S&F

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I think it really has more to do with the fact that we can do more on smaller,portable devices. Many of the old barriers are gone such as the fact that you no longer have to go home just make a phone call or play a video game.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Doesn't surprise me. Can't go anywhere anymore without seeing
someone texting, talking on the phone or have those damned
ear buds in their ears.

Sometimes I think technology has the opposite effect of what it
was meant to. It really can disconnect us from each other.
Sometimes I take the bus to work and I watch. People are
SO disconnected. It's no wonder we fall over or into objects
or into each other.
Nobody pays attention to whats going on in their
immediate world anymore. People are entranced by these
silly little machines they can't take their eyes off of.
Most of the time it serves no purpose other than to keep us
distracted.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Eh less hypnosis and more stupid people that don't know when to sit down or put their phones/games down.

I have been completely enthralled in books before. You know what I do to avoid falling off a platform while reading them? I sit down.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Eh less hypnosis and more stupid people that don't know when to sit down or put their phones/games down.

I have been completely enthralled in books before. You know what I do to avoid falling off a platform while reading them? I sit down.

Exactly.
Morons wil be morons.
The only difference is that they are moronically advanced and express their moronity via cool gadgets.
I don't think there's ANY kind of hypnosis here... Just the usual stupidity...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
It's also effecting education in the classroom. Students are preoccupied texting their friends during classroom instruction. The teacher is in a losing battle between hand held electronics and getting students to focus on the material for the day. Although there are school rules against using cell phones and IPOD's in the classroom, students chronically try to operate their cell phones and IPOD's from under their desks and away from the instructor's angle of sight. It's so rampant, administrators are overwhelmed and can't get it under control.

edit on 5-2-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

What I find disturbing are the amount of kids I see in the bookstores, mall or walmart walking around playing on hand held games. They are not paying attention to anything. I mean do parents just give these to their kids so they dont have to deal with them? That is how I see it. Im sorry but my kid is not playing a video game in a bookstore!
edit on 2/5/2011 by mblahnikluver because: grammar

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
It's also effecting education in the classroom. Students are preoccupied texting their friends during classroom instruction. The teacher is in a losing battle between hand held electronics and getting students to focus on the material for the day. Although there are school rules against using cell phones and IPOD's in the classroom, students chronically try to operate their cell phones and IPOD's from under their desks and away from the instructor's angle of sight. It's so rampant, administrators are overwhelmed and can't get it under control.

Personally teenagers don't need cell phones! I never had a problem getting a hold of my mother in HS if need be. I didn't need a cell phone. I spoke to my friends plenty. Kids now a days seem to think they are adults. I again blame the parents. I know I would probably be considered a mean parent but those items are expensive number one and don't belong in school. What do you need an ipod for in class? I remember walkmans and people didn't really have those in class because they weren't allowed and nobody cared. Now if you tell a student no phone or ipod they flip out and so do the parents. You are there to learn not socialize.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What you see in the streets is the "Zoombie Generation" but then again that is how the government wants the youth to be, zombies that will never treated the status quo.

Sadly my son and daughter are part of this generation. . .

Me, I don't know how to tex and most of the time don't even carry my Mobile phone with me in the car, I never ever answer the phone while driving.

Is nothing more annoying that having lunch with a friend you value but she spend all her lunch time playing with her phone, sad.

Social and interactive skills are been killed by this devices.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Isn't it known that the human mind is only capable of doing two tasks at once? So maybe if your writing a text and reading what you are typing then you automatically disregard the fact that you are walking the streets? I dunno, something like that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was driving as the boss's son passed me his cell phone as I had instructions from his dad.

As I talked to him I went through a stop sign and made a left turn in an intersection while people are honking at me.

'What did I just do?'

I have never owned or intend to own a cell phone, life demands my full attention and even that is a challenge without a cell phone and texting and all that jazz.

People are dying because of these marvels of technology!
Do people communicate person to person anymore?
Nothing more annoying that being cut from a conversation with a cell phone call.

And sometimes I don't want to be in touch, personally I would find that annoying, it would too much, barge into 'me' time.

I must be getting old, like the fuddy duddies or something?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Just a few accidents by a few foolish people.

Nothing different than reading a book while walking. Compulsory activities interfering with their normal activities. They'll learn their lessons and knock it off on a case-by-case basis. No need to legislate this - NO TEXTING WHILE DRIVING - as the laws do not prevent this from happening, it just punishes, and gives cops a reason to look at your phone records.
edit on 5-2-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Far more research needs to be done(or the results of deep black goverment research of the MK programs needs to be released.)The problem of entrainment of the human brain is a ripe subject as we enter the portable electronic age(as opposed to the plugged in electronic age)
The advances in battery technology has provided opportunity to portablise so many different electronic devices.
Entrainment is the act of hypnotising the brain essentially tunng it to a particular frequency.
This can be accomplished by sound, light, and electromagnetic interferance.perhaps other way too.
The brain operates on its own particular frequencies.Put up interferance on those frequencies and you can break into the operating system at a subconscious level.
As certain cartoons have caused epileptic seizures in children watching them, other effects may be more subtle.\
Besides the distraction there actually may be serious consequences to such electronic gadgets overuse.........
If cell phones cause brain cancer....what do you think they could also cause?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Exactly.
Morons wil be morons.
The only difference is that they are moronically advanced and express their moronity via cool gadgets.
I don't think there's ANY kind of hypnosis here... Just the usual stupidity...

IMO it's more a matter of focus, these folks have perceptually blacked out the rest of the world and are simply not paying attention to anything other than their gizmo. it does sort of border on and can lead to hypnosis, however the problem lies with the people not the device.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

instead of banning/forbidding why not make it impossible for the phones to work [jam them so no signal can be received] in the classroom there are devices that can do this; typical authoritarian reality can be altered/things will happen "because I say so" thinking, which is going to be resisted by contrariness. aren't the kids searched for guns at school? just take away the toys[not phones] and give a receipt. in the case of the phones a emergency call should be going to principals office not a classroom.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

actually the mind can deal with up to eight things at a time, though it seems that with the degeneration of society, a lot of folks are unable to deal with more than 2

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
and finally in response to OP i believe this is more a problem with people and consumerist society that has become more aggravated as more distractions are served up.

think about it:
the Romans and other ancient cultures had what are known as household gods [goddess of the hearth, god of the oven or forge]

look at a typical weekend afternoon when the paterfamilias gathers the kids and they all start a ceremonial purification and lustration of one of the Main Lares & Penates of the 'Modern Age" The Family Car.

The Big Flatscreen [newest incarnation of TV], The Sound System are other "important" "divinities".

look at all the energy people waste in these rituals.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Because of my dependence on my cell phone the only two phone numbers I have memorized are both mine! My cell number and office. When I was a teen I had almost every number of people I knew memorized, but not now. Anyone else guilty of this?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Why man-made electromagnetic radiation is more harmful.

Russian research (Vest Navy Med Techno, 1999; Vols. 24-26, 40-42) reveals that low frequencies of GSM pulsing are close to those at which human mood and behavior can be influenced. This ranges from depression and docility to rage.

Docility.
Just like cattle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join