It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims want children excused from music, mixed phys-ed classes

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
[color=mediumorchid]
Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion.

You know what? No. Absolutely not.

That would be like someone coming into your house and demanding that you change your rules.

When you relocate to a different country, you should try to fit in there. You should learn the language, know their customs, understand their legal system, their education systems, PRIOR to moving there.

I am certainly not going to move to (insert country of choice here) and demand that everyone there start speaking english.

Their behavior is not acceptable. If that is the way they want things, they should have relocated to somewhere that already has similar customs.

On that I do have to agree.
Hehe, pardon my short response.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

This is just stupid. Art is sin in islam. In Turkey (as a muslim country) we have music, painting several art classes starting from pre elementery, until high school. These guys must have come from a sharia driven country. They are indeed harsh. My opinion, if they dont have music classes in their own country, and still would not like to have music classes, they should not be living there. I can understand if the purpose of a migrator from a sharia driven country is to have what their country has banned to them, thats why you move, try to get away. But this is something else. If they wanted it like in their country, then why the hell did they moved Canada in the first place? This is so stupid. Also I feel deeply sorry for them for not having the pleasure of listening music.

<< 8  9  10   >>

join