It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims want children excused from music, mixed phys-ed classes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Well, If anyone needed telling, here it is from the mouth of one of their own. Now you know what they are after.

There is lots of room in Egypt - that land of wonderfulness - why don`t you take yourself off there? Tell Mt Mubarak I was asking after him. Unless he has already left for the UK like the last President of Pakistan who is now living in style in London.

Keep the Western World for the Western-worlders. And let us keep our noses out of the Middle East.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Issues arising from other races and religions would not occur if they respected the rules

and laws of the country they were visiting or intending to live in. Just as i pointed out in an

earlier post when families visit others the visitor RESPECTS the visited........

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Absolutely spot-on Elithia. While I was in the RN I visited 23 countries. Did I try to push my lifestyle on any of them? Of course not. I enjoyed what they had to offer but within their way of life. Surely that is the whole point of going to someone else`s part of the World. Everywhere is diferent - it would be a boring old World if everywhere was the same. But these extreme Muslims start pushing as soon as they are off the plane. If things work so well where they come from why do they not stay there? if our lifestyle is so awful why do they want to come into our countries? Can`t have it both ways.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Brothers in Islam! Music is prohibited and condemned by many Qur’anic verses. Allah says, “And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. Music, singing etc.) to mislead men from the path of Allah without knowledge and takes it (the path of Allah, or the verses of the Qur’an) by way of mockery. For such there will be humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire).” (Luqmaan: 6).

The Prophet said while commenting on this verse, “It is not permissible to sell singing girls nor to buy them, nor to trade in them. Their price is Haraam. This verse was revealed regarding that.” (At-Tabaraanee).

Abdullah ibn Mas’ood also commented on this verse when he said, “By Him beside whom no deity is worthy of worship! That (verse refers to) music,”

It looks to me like they are adding their own twist on these verses, for whatever reason.
www.alminbar.com...

Music is the very soul of creation, someone once told me you can know the state of your soul by the number of songs you have in your heart.

It makes me very sad for these young people that are not allowed to experience the joy of music.

www.todaysbigthing.com...

edit on 102828p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: keep hope alive

edit on 102828p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

"Quote" from your post:- " If a muslim insists that any aspect of civil government go to

extraordinary accommodations for them, something they wouldn't do with others, then they

are being unjust and actually going against the laws of their own religion and should there

for be rebuffed."

Well thats when they pull out the card an " infringement of THEIR human rights.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

one word.................maybe two

Cat Stevens !!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

You miss the point - its precisely because they are using their Islamic ways to deem they can be excused from something compulsory in Canada for all school kids.
Physical ed and music classes - perfectly normal for Canadian kids to be involved in, but by trying to seperate themselves from this it causes resentment and more.
Just deal with it - or as said by others - seek residence in a country that has schooling that is more in line with your beliefs...

I genuinely think this will just get worse and worse if it's not stopped in it's tracks...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Then explain why they seek to grow their already established sharia courts in the UK to deal with domestic issues, divorce etc?
The UK has a full legal system that applies to all it's citizens, yet Muslims are able to settle some disputes under sharia law.
In your viewpoint how is that accepting the laws of the UK?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

First, I don’t know the laws of Canada or the UK, I’m an American, but if the authorities in those countries want to have some kind of Sharia court, then that’s their choice.

I wouldn’t advise them to do that.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
You guys make a big deal about nothing! like always. Theirs catholic schools every where, Private christian schools also! but when the Muslims make a demand for their kids to be excused for two classes you guys cause a fuss! Point is its their kids missing out on classes not yours how does it effect you or your kids? Soon enough the muslims will open their own schools so everyone can be happy.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lifer201

Private schools, Catholic schools, Grammar schools, Comprensive schools, Junior schools

and any others i've left out ALL follow the SET CARRICULUM with no exemptions except

possibly for medical reasons.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Sorry but you made a reference to Muslims seeking to adopt the laws of the county they are in - yet here we are in the UK with sharia courts in place.
Whether or not the authorities allow this is irrelevant - if the muslims seek it then according to your post they are going against their own laws?
Their laws are full of contradictions and other issues..but on that one point I can see how they go a country and then push for sharia law. Make no mistake it is they who are pushing this agenda and why? Because they feel they should be able to settle disputes under their Islamic sharia law that should be heard through either criminal or civil courts in the already existing legal system of whichever country they are in.

Regards

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lifer201

Hi
What is the point you are making?
You just say there are catholic schools but don't explain what that means in relation to this topic, and it's only the Muslim kids who suffer - but it's not is it? It causes division, resentment and more as is evident by posts on here.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Johovah's Witnesses make the same kind of ridiculous demands. No sex ed, no phys ed, no this, no that. No immunizations! But, of course, ATS needs its daily dosage of Muslim-bashing.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SmedleyBurlap

I for one would be interested to know the % ratio of Johovah's Witnesses' and Muslims in this

country as i for one don't hear much about them (maybe thats because they get on with their

lives making fewer demands on our society.)

As for immunisation being a free country we ALL have the opportunity to opt in or out of

having it done. It is not compulsary and i personally know of many people that have chosen for

various reasons of their own not to have their children immunised or vacinated

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To all those wishing to lower Western countries standards to your own backward countries:

If you can't dance the dance don't show up for the party.
Pull up your pants and go back to where you came from!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well, it's a free country, why can't Muslims take their kids out of phys ed calsses? It's no extra burden on the school system or the other students, it really only harms the Muslim children (that is, if you believe that being forced to compete in sports and being brought into the humiliating world of school athletics is a good thing).

This Witness website says that there were 113,603 witnesses in Canada in 2010. Unless my math is off, that's about 0.003% of the population of the country. Not bad for a cult! Wiki sez that just under 2% of Canadians are Muslims. Not so great for a mainstream religion!

And, not that I sympathize with them, at all, but Jehovah's Witnesses were apparently persecuted in this country (Canada is the topic of the OP, not America as some reactionary posters seem to think) during the world wars. Fun! Attacking people with different beliefs is a national past time of the True White North (racist dominion).

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Well.. I see it as a form of child abuse too. If I have a child, who am I to limit the opportunities for my children? Sport and Music are two of the major areas that would help the development of the brain! I am not sure what kids are told during music classes in Canada, however back in my youth in Eastern Europe we learned notes and listen to loads of classical masterpieces! Again, the issue is - how far should be the parents allowed to decide in behalf of their children?

some articles to think about:

1) Sports and Brain Development (developing cognitive functions)
Link2

The general accepted line is that exercise is essential in brain development, especially the right hemisphere responsible with rational and critical thinking.. bit dangerous for the over-religious parents I guess!

2) Music and Brain Developement

Scientists have discovered that music training has significant influences on the brain development of young children leading to improved memory over the course of a year. The fact that musical training changes the way the brain reacts to music might not be very surprising, but researchers also found that the musically trained children performed better in a memory test that is correlated with other skills such as literacy, verbal memory, visiospatial processing, mathematics and intelligence.

Source:
news.softpedia.com...

You do the thinking now - who shall be allowed to deny the a child the chance of having a fully developed brain??
edit on 5-2-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Your analysis lacks logic. If by the very laws of said country that Muslims live in as a minority; they have allowances for their religious law then that is lawful as long as it is done peacefully.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Simple answer - send the bastards packing back off to where ever they came from .

Never let your lodger dictate what's for dinner.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join