It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Muslims want children excused from music, mixed phys-ed classes

page: 10
38
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Why don't Muslims try respecting their own women and treat them as equals, before expecting the rest of the world to cater to their beliefs?

How hypocritical is it to want to be treated as equals on other countries, yet they kill, degrade, torture, etc., their own women? Maybe public opinion would change if the more of the large percentage of "well-intensioned" Muslims spoke up against the extremists. My biggest problem with Islam as a whole is that doesn't appear to be a tolerant or accepting of othe values, and all you have to do is look at countries where Islam is the main religion. Then they move to another country and want others to be tolerant and accepting of their ways? Take a look in the mirror! Don't throw stones in a glass house.


There's something I've always wanted to know, from someone with a load of first hand experience - is it really true that ignorance is bliss? Everyone else on that side of the fence, feel free to answer. I know a lot more about Islam most the people here, or even on this entire forum, so at least read my posts before you want to go spewing nonsense.


Your understanding of Islam has nothing to do with the perception of Islam,or the negative affects it has on society. I couldn't care less if you get down on your knee's and bow to Allah 20 times a day. That's not an excuse for the way Muslims treat their women every day. That't not an excuse for Muslim fathers killing their daughters for disgracing their families for various rediculous reasons.

Funny how you think it's all nonsense, yet this crap is in the news every day. So please, go ahead and defend redical islam, because that's is a part of islam, and I assume you'll also defend murderers and wife beaters.


My understanding of Islam has nothing to do with the perception of Islam? Thats a really strange statement. How is your perception valid if you don't know any facts or history about the religion? You sound like a 14 year old - I don't get on my knees and bow to Allah 20 times a day. Neither do I pray 5 times a day, which is what the religion actually dictates. I never even said that I was a Muslim. Where have you ever found evidence that Muslim generally treat their women badly? As I already mentioned, countries like Saudi and Yemen are anomalies in the Muslim world. The cases you read or heard about on the grape vine are probably just as frequent or sporadic as those in the Western world. Another factual error on your behalf -the introduction of Islam actually gave rise to the concept of women's rights in the region. No, I don't defend radical Islam, which is not a part of Islam, as I've already mentioned - I at least read your post before replying. That's like saying that Nationalism and Hitler's radical form of National Socialism are the same thing or that all Christians are murderers because they started some of the Crusades. Neither would I defend murderers or wife beaters and don't know why you would 'assume' that from what I've already written. You're off to a terrible start if you're trying to look intellectual. Go to the FOX news forums if all you want to do is regurgitate nonsense like that.

Edit: That 'stuff' actually is not on the news every day either, and I challenge you to prove otherwise. Additionally, the whole murdering daughters is not a Muslim concept - I know it happened a lot in China during the heavy one child policy days, it also happens a fair bit in India. I never hear about fathers murdering daughters in the news, and I watch SKY, BBC, FOX, Al Jazeera - you name it.
edit on 6-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)


First off, I didn't reply to you originally. Where did you get that from? Trouble reading I suspect? Secondly, what makes you think I don't know anything about the facts or history of the religion? Because I didn't summarize my entire understanding of the religion in a response to you? That's a rediculous assumption on your part.Your sitting their assuming you know what I do or do not know, when I only registered a couple hourse ago?

Take a deep breath, calm down, a focus your attention on the words I typed, not the words your putting in my mouth. Pretty arrogant of you to think I was responding to you, and you only, when I didn't quote you or reply to you originally.

And where have I found evidence of Muslims treating women badly? Lol. Have you been living under a rock? You can answer that yourself if you open your eyes a little. Would you also want examples of Christians not being tolerant, or Catholics taking advantage of alter boys?


Haha I literally quoted you quoting me, no arrogant assumptions there! My challenge for you to present evidence and facts still remains, you clearly lack any sort of understanding of life in Muslim countries or Muslim culture, or the rules of the religion - that's no assumption, thats what you've presented yourself. Lol take a deep breath and calm down and focus on the words you typed? Who said I was annoyed? If anything, I find your ramblings laughable - and every point I made was a reponse to the 'words you typed', I don't put words in other people's mouths because I'm not so insecure that I have to win arguments with individuals, and my debate stands on its own without such devices. I didn't say no Muslims treat women badly at all, I said the same amount of Muslims beat their wives than those in the West. I've lived in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries, I have first hand experience - I don't just listen to uninformed ramblings. Anyway I cant be bothered having a nitpicking argument with someone who is driven more by their ego than by rationality, and I cant be bothered with this thread anymore. I'm sure loads more will crop up full of the same nonsense.

Point is, Islamic values are pretty similar to those of Judaism or Christianity. And in my opinion (though not exclusively my opinion), all humans are the same, all of earth belongs to all or it belongs to no one, look inside yourself for the truth for only there will you find it, long live unconditional love.


So anyone who shares a different opinion is rambling? Really? Uninformed? Again, quite an assumption. What, you're the only person one here who has lived in a muslim and non-muslim country? Ego driven? You're the one who discounts anyone elses opinion which isn't in line with yours, and think for some reason your opinion is more valuable. Your expereince is more valuable than others? You discount experiences others have had and automatically assume yours is more important, yet I'm driven by my ego? Lol. Go back to living under your rock.




posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale
 


Simply put - TELL THEM TO GTFO


You want to come to this country - then you must follow our way of life. Don't like it - don't come here.
edit on 6-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Does'nt surprise me in the least???

Whats next??,,,,

A new Muslim Seasame Street????


Instead of "everyones(WE) A-ok but we are all bad??"

We send a million here and there(to their country) ,,,and want to start a church???,,

Kona



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now
 


All that I am saying to them is that, by their own logic, they ought to agree with me when I say that they should be expelled because hey! If you don't like what the country is becoming... leave it!



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   


i see what you did there.lots of unsubstantiated blanket statements. guess it makes you feel good writing this kind of cliche BS. BS being the the key word here. at least you have a huge company- people who love talking from atop their high horse about matters way above their head. in this day and age there`s such wealth of quality music that it would make Mozart feel jealous. (he himself was popular because he wrote a lot of simple pop stuff.) and yeah much of it being produced by "today`s kids"- people 100% inferior to your generation. if you cant see beyond lady Gaga in modern music then that`s, likely, the type of music you listened to "when you were young and the grass was greener", the likes of Madonna i guess. music from any time period isnt all the same. many love citing AC/DC from the past as the best, but there were much better bands- the likes of Led Zeppelin. and they were nothing compared to the bands like Rush. later came absolute mindf*cks like Dream Theater. in short music never stopped getting better. today there are so many bands who are expanding beyond Rush`s complexity,technicality and creativity. so much more can be said about modern music and music in general, but i am feeling lazy, besides the Game is getting ready to come over. gotta rush to the bar.


Im not sure at all what you mean about me making cliched statements, that are BS, if you can elaborate then id be happy to debate on it.

I do have a wide taste in music myself, and i know there is a lot of good music, beneficial music too.

Talking about matters way above my head? I think youll find we are all equal to talk about any matter in any way we choose, why shoul i be restricted to what i can talk about?

Music isnt so much as the problem, as what type of music that is being PROMOTED. There is a difference. Music has a very powerful effect on the mind. That is why the main money making industry is as dark as it is.
My area of musical knowledge centres around hip hop and RnB, and from that experience i have seen how the hip hop scene has degraded and its effect on its fans etc.

Music in its raw artisitcal form, is very good and a pwoerful tool, and once this is used solely for Money then things get grim. The lyrical content and visual imagery from videos, including the beats etc all are chosen very specifically, especially in pop culture. A great degree of esoteric influence has infiltrated the mianstream commercial music nowadays.

Ill finish off with a religionists view on music, there was music in heaven, and out of them was the greatest musician satan himself. Take from this what you want lol, but dont seem to think i havent done my research into music.

Check Vigilant Citizen.com about how the pop culture is being affected by occult influence if you want to know the truth..



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by arollingstone

Originally posted by MysticPearl
Why don't Muslims try respecting their own women and treat them as equals, before expecting the rest of the world to cater to their beliefs?

How hypocritical is it to want to be treated as equals on other countries, yet they kill, degrade, torture, etc., their own women? Maybe public opinion would change if the more of the large percentage of "well-intensioned" Muslims spoke up against the extremists. My biggest problem with Islam as a whole is that doesn't appear to be a tolerant or accepting of othe values, and all you have to do is look at countries where Islam is the main religion. Then they move to another country and want others to be tolerant and accepting of their ways? Take a look in the mirror! Don't throw stones in a glass house.


There's something I've always wanted to know, from someone with a load of first hand experience - is it really true that ignorance is bliss? Everyone else on that side of the fence, feel free to answer. I know a lot more about Islam most the people here, or even on this entire forum, so at least read my posts before you want to go spewing nonsense.


Your understanding of Islam has nothing to do with the perception of Islam,or the negative affects it has on society. I couldn't care less if you get down on your knee's and bow to Allah 20 times a day. That's not an excuse for the way Muslims treat their women every day. That't not an excuse for Muslim fathers killing their daughters for disgracing their families for various rediculous reasons.

Funny how you think it's all nonsense, yet this crap is in the news every day. So please, go ahead and defend redical islam, because that's is a part of islam, and I assume you'll also defend murderers and wife beaters.


My understanding of Islam has nothing to do with the perception of Islam? Thats a really strange statement. How is your perception valid if you don't know any facts or history about the religion? You sound like a 14 year old - I don't get on my knees and bow to Allah 20 times a day. Neither do I pray 5 times a day, which is what the religion actually dictates. I never even said that I was a Muslim. Where have you ever found evidence that Muslim generally treat their women badly? As I already mentioned, countries like Saudi and Yemen are anomalies in the Muslim world. The cases you read or heard about on the grape vine are probably just as frequent or sporadic as those in the Western world. Another factual error on your behalf -the introduction of Islam actually gave rise to the concept of women's rights in the region. No, I don't defend radical Islam, which is not a part of Islam, as I've already mentioned - I at least read your post before replying. That's like saying that Nationalism and Hitler's radical form of National Socialism are the same thing or that all Christians are murderers because they started some of the Crusades. Neither would I defend murderers or wife beaters and don't know why you would 'assume' that from what I've already written. You're off to a terrible start if you're trying to look intellectual. Go to the FOX news forums if all you want to do is regurgitate nonsense like that.

Edit: That 'stuff' actually is not on the news every day either, and I challenge you to prove otherwise. Additionally, the whole murdering daughters is not a Muslim concept - I know it happened a lot in China during the heavy one child policy days, it also happens a fair bit in India. I never hear about fathers murdering daughters in the news, and I watch SKY, BBC, FOX, Al Jazeera - you name it.
edit on 6-2-2011 by arollingstone because: (no reason given)


First off, I didn't reply to you originally. Where did you get that from? Trouble reading I suspect? Secondly, what makes you think I don't know anything about the facts or history of the religion? Because I didn't summarize my entire understanding of the religion in a response to you? That's a rediculous assumption on your part.Your sitting their assuming you know what I do or do not know, when I only registered a couple hourse ago?

Take a deep breath, calm down, a focus your attention on the words I typed, not the words your putting in my mouth. Pretty arrogant of you to think I was responding to you, and you only, when I didn't quote you or reply to you originally.

And where have I found evidence of Muslims treating women badly? Lol. Have you been living under a rock? You can answer that yourself if you open your eyes a little. Would you also want examples of Christians not being tolerant, or Catholics taking advantage of alter boys?


Haha I literally quoted you quoting me, no arrogant assumptions there! My challenge for you to present evidence and facts still remains, you clearly lack any sort of understanding of life in Muslim countries or Muslim culture, or the rules of the religion - that's no assumption, thats what you've presented yourself. Lol take a deep breath and calm down and focus on the words you typed? Who said I was annoyed? If anything, I find your ramblings laughable - and every point I made was a reponse to the 'words you typed', I don't put words in other people's mouths because I'm not so insecure that I have to win arguments with individuals, and my debate stands on its own without such devices. I didn't say no Muslims treat women badly at all, I said the same amount of Muslims beat their wives than those in the West. I've lived in both Muslim and non-Muslim countries, I have first hand experience - I don't just listen to uninformed ramblings. Anyway I cant be bothered having a nitpicking argument with someone who is driven more by their ego than by rationality, and I cant be bothered with this thread anymore. I'm sure loads more will crop up full of the same nonsense.

Point is, Islamic values are pretty similar to those of Judaism or Christianity. And in my opinion (though not exclusively my opinion), all humans are the same, all of earth belongs to all or it belongs to no one, look inside yourself for the truth for only there will you find it, long live unconditional love.


So anyone who shares a different opinion is rambling? Really? Uninformed? Again, quite an assumption. What, you're the only person one here who has lived in a muslim and non-muslim country? Ego driven? You're the one who discounts anyone elses opinion which isn't in line with yours, and think for some reason your opinion is more valuable. Your expereince is more valuable than others? You discount experiences others have had and automatically assume yours is more important, yet I'm driven by my ego? Lol. Go back to living under your rock.



Sigh.. drawn back in since you've actually received stars for this. Please stop nitpicking like that, when did I ever say I was the only person here that has lived in both muslim and non muslim countries? I merely said that more experience provides more valid insight, I was careful to say I know more about Islam than MOST people on this forum, wasn't I? If someone has a rational opinion, thats ok by me and I'm willing to discuss. But yours isn't rational, none of your responses have been and when you did reply to me, you claimed I was putting words in your mouth when you haven't even read my previous posts and have the nerve to tell me that I probably support wife beaters and murderers - now THAT is an assumption, which I pointed out and you keep on throwing the term assumption around because you've got nothing else to stand on. Like I said, everyone should read up and then make up their own minds - but you clearly haven't done the reading. The fact that I grew up in a Muslim household but don't subscribe to any particular religion and now believe in God and treat religion as a personal matter (i.e. I don't follow the rules of any particular religion, I'm 'spiritual' rather than religious - universal consciousness and all that jazz) means that I have more depth of experience in this field and my opinions are more valid than those of others who don't know many Muslims, or haven't lived in a Muslim country and have only read one side of the argument. i.e. I can see both sides of the argument, I don't have an agenda. Sure I acknowledge that Muslims cant just go over and expect the country to change, that would be rude, but thats not whats happened here - they merely asked to be excused from a few classes themselves! I've also lived in the UK and met many Muslims there, most of whom are happily integrated and their children take all classes at school. This event is an anomaly. Please read my previous posts for an elaboration.

Not everyone who disagrees with me is rambling, I didnt say that. Some people disagree and make valid points or pose valid questions - you don't. You made really bold claims in your original post that are tantamount to nothing more than stereotypes, which you presented as facts. I wouldn't have made an issue about it, but you're not alone in this - way too many people just come on to spread hate to satisfy some sort of agenda. If I came on and said 'ooh all Christian priests are paedos, where do they get off trying to spread their values', I would be rightfully (notice I said rightfully, as in I clearly don't actually believe this statement - it is an example) shunned - so why is it ok for to just say all Muslims beat their wives? Get over yourself, get over your 'YUOR MAKING ASSUMPTIONS' defence mechanisms and try to open your mind up a bit. Thats actually my last post on the issue lol, if you really want to debate this then debate the issue - not my integrity, because if you chase the latter then you're going to lose. And if you want to debate the issue, don't present opinions or stereotypes based on no trend analysis or evidence whatsoever as facts.

Once again.. one cannot teach or learn through hate, only through love and the understanding that:

the only difference between all humans is the variance in the environments that we grow up in

can we advance forwards. Nationalities are an artificial illusion, originally just a primitive concept but also a way of keeping the masses under control.
edit on 6-2-2011 by arollingstone because: grammar



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
WHY IS THIS NEWS WORTHY OF ATS?

Jews, Catholics, Muslims, Athiests all want different things for their kids. I've SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES throughout the educational system.

Stop stirring the pot you moron. Nobody is taking you seriously.



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by destination now
 


All that I am saying to them is that, by their own logic, they ought to agree with me when I say that they should be expelled because hey! If you don't like what the country is becoming... leave it!


Yes, I do see what you are saying, but surely you must realise that if everyone got to do exactly what they wanted, all of the time, it just becomes unwieldy, and unworkable...That's why we have laws, rules, systems etc, no it doesn't suit all people at all times, but it's about compromise and accepting that to be part of society, we all have to make sacrifices, but it becomes unfair when one group of people have exemptions from what doesn't suit them, whilst freely taking what does, when no other groups are afforded that privilege.



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
Do we need to create citizens with a certain pattern of thinking that is "cloning" what we are as parents, or we want to develop the abilities and capabilities of our kids? I fear that most of the time, parents want to "clone themselves" and on the other side, governments want to create obedient citizens . None of the two will benefit the child on long term.


Yep it is this that is the main issue, the capitalist government want only obediant citizens, that is why the education system is suited to meet these demands.

Parents have a lot of responsibility on the direction they wish their kids to take. But it should be a mutual bond aswell, both sides must respect the other, ofcourse all parents would want the best for their kids, parent are childrens teachers through life, and it should be stressed that they do their part. I think most parents these days in my experience just play the loving role, and leave the kids to the school teacher to bring them up while they are busy with their own working life.
The problem with that is school teachers are not connecting with children at all, from my experience and i know from friends and family who became teachers, is that they are becoming teachers for stability in their career rather than a love for actual teaching. Most teachers do not have any interpersonal skills at all, and do not develop any bonds with the children they teach. This is from a UK perspective i might add.



Going back to the subject - what do you know about the music lessons thought in the Canadian schools, what would you change so that the child CAN enjoy the opportunity for full brain development? I would personally agree with Martial Arts
and Classical Music .

O, just edited to add a link:
skyview.vansd.org...

"The Nine Types of Intelligence" - how would you ensure that every child will have a fear chance to develop in all the 9 areas?
edit on 6-2-2011 by Romanian because: add link



Sorry im not sure at all how the canadian education system works, hopefully its doing better than it is here in UK.

Oh for my opinion on what should be taught in music, there would be a lot! It would cover the roots to all genres, but it shouldnt just be about teaching them how to play intruments or making music, but the science behind it, how it effects us and the history behind it along with the historical figures and their biographies.

There has to be a balance between teaching skills, and theory imo.

As for the 9 intelligences, which might i add was a cracking read, i didnt know of them at all, i would say 'nature smart' and 'self smart' need to be taught a lot more, these subjects are definitely lacking and are probably classed unimportance in education systems.

As for Existential intelligence, it is of my belief that the government are not only dismissing this area of intelligence but totally are against it due to TPTB agendas.

These areas of intelligence have brought the about the biggest game changers in the history of thinking. The most notorious academics and most profound thinkers have deep connections with these types of intelligence.

I can now see why these subjects are let out of the education system, because it will leave a mode docile obediant citizen as an asset to the elitest < who ironically have their intelligence in the existential and self smart regions.

Also to add, there should be anohter topic altogether that highlights common ground between all these areas of intelligence, once people can figure out the similarities in between each form of intellect, they will know which one complements another and so will build a stronger development in a childs learning.

For example, there is a lotto be learnt about science and how it relates to religion in their teachings. Also how mind and muscle is very connected too, the education system is strategically developed to put people in specific roles and to fit their jobs.

Its a divide and conquer strategy, as long as u are only taught to specialize in one thing, you will be useless in another, that makes it easier for the higher ups to control people like a jigsaw puzzle. Take a bit of this and a bit of that to make a whole.

Even mind control victims go through that procedure, idk if you are aware of MK ultra monarch programming, but the basic gist of it works like this, to shatter a childrens mind through strong emotions or trauma, like a shattered glass, adn the provide the tool or the means to bring them back together, through their indoctrination.

My post is getting quite long lol sorry, but yeah thats my 2 cents



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by destination now
 


Unwieldy or not, that is liberty. I value individuality over the conformity that public schools create through repetition, humiliation and 'correction' of students.



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale
 


If they want an Islamic society, they should have kept their a$$es in Tehran, or where ever they came from.



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by destination now
 


Unwieldy or not, that is liberty. I value individuality over the conformity that public schools create through repetition, humiliation and 'correction' of students.


I think that's a whole new topic! I didn't say the education system was perfect, far from it, but what you're saying is that you believe that everyone can do anything they want, whenever they want. You might find that becomes a nuisance when someone decides that by adhering to that principle your own liberty is curtailed, for example to accommodate each and every single school pupil to do exactly what they want in school, that your tax has to rise considerably, leaving you with no disposable income, or that all other tax-funded services in your area close, meaning that all other citizens are left without any facilities, i.e. libraries, community centres etc

Resources are finite and choices have to be made, and I personally believe that it is a small sacrifice to accept a standard curriculum that all children participate in regardless of race, creed, religion etc, so that they can all have equality in education provision and that overall, no person is disadvantaged due to choices made by another.



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale
 

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Manitoba, do as the Manitobans do...or keep on "migrating" until you find a country and a system that is entirely to your liking."

take a hint muslims, please take the hint



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo
 



take a hint muslims, please take the hint


I really don't believe this should be aimed at all muslims, as I have said repeatedly throughout this and other threads on the subject, it's not muslims in general, just those that would have the system changed to suit their own agenda, and who would seek to reject everything about the society in which they chose to come and live.



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
_________________

Personally I would NEVER send any kids to a gov't institution !
History class is a sham,
square-dancing, . . . oh how could I ever have survived in the
real world with out that, Lol.
But then, in my days we were forced to sing God save the queen
and engage in Christmas plays/carols (regardless if you had 1rst
nation heritage)
Gov't institutions are designed to program kids into droids.

Giving up your 3 year old to a gov't institution, while
both parents are force to work to pay the high taxes is a trap,
setting kids up for early indoctrination. WAKE-UP-PEOPLE
Who in their right mind would hand over their 3 yr. old to a gov't
institution ? *shutters at the thought*
Home schooling / private ed. is the best.
Muslims are our only hope for bucking the system, the rest
of us are so compliant that we have turned into sheeples.


___________________



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
_________________

Personally I would NEVER send any kids to a gov't institution !
History class is a sham,
square-dancing, . . . oh how could I ever have survived in the
real world with out that, Lol.
But then, in my days we were forced to sing God save the queen
and engage in Christmas plays/carols (regardless if you had 1rst
nation heritage)
Gov't institutions are designed to program kids into droids.

Giving up your 3 year old to a gov't institution, while
both parents are force to work to pay the high taxes is a trap,
setting kids up for early indoctrination. WAKE-UP-PEOPLE
Who in their right mind would hand over their 3 yr. old to a gov't
institution ? *shutters at the thought*
Home schooling / private ed. is the best.
Muslims are our only hope for bucking the system, the rest
of us are so compliant that we have turned into sheeples.


___________________





All well and good, if you have the private income to undertake such an endeavour, not so for the millions who don't!

And as for muslims being our only hope, yet again, all well and good, unless you actually want your child to be educated in a subject that is disapproved or until the more radical extreme element gets control, at which point you can forget about your daughters ever having any sort of education at all!



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
reply to post by destination now
 


Unwieldy or not, that is liberty. I value individuality over the conformity that public schools create through repetition, humiliation and 'correction' of students.


Liberty is not infinite. Your liberty ends where another persons liberty or rights begin, in this case the right of the children for education. You are mistaking liberty for the ability to do whatever you want.

Whether music and PE classes should be compulsory is up to debate.
edit on 7/2/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sphota
 


Sorry, just got round to reading this properly and realised I had missed your post. I gave you a star because you obviously care about education and are working to provide that to kids who need it, and that is good, kudos to you...but you mentioned the issues with kids who are not properly integrated because of language issues, so I cannot see why you would condone further disruption by preventing a child attending a class that all of their peers attend purely for their parents religious beliefs.

It may seem like small stuff this now, when this is an article about a few kids, but if the decision is made in the muslims favour, then more start asking for the same exemptions, then the numbers grow (which if it's anything like the UK and other parts of Europe, it will!) then what are you left with? A fractured and separatist education system that will provide little benefit to any of the kids.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I normally don't post my two cents worth of such posts but I tire of what seems to be deliberate anti-Islamic phobia. I wonder how many who posts such blah blah have actually taken the time to study this subject matter in detail. Indeed, there are some unsavory things which are founded in many things ranging from culture to fanaticism and so on and yet, i've yet to see a people, a religion or what have you...that has not struggled with issues of the like.
From my own studies of the Qur'an, I do not see many of the statements made to be embraced by the Qur'an such as mindless slaughter of 'infidels' and compulsory religion. Those who do provide such 'evidences' do so by taking out of context many of the verses. The Qur'an makes it clear that it does not support mindless slaughters nor forced religion nor many of the things chanrged against Islam. Like all faiths, Islam has people who take things to a whole different realm, this should not be mistaken as the people as a whole or Islam.

Here are verses to support what I have said:
15:89-93, 24:190, 2:191, 2:193, 2:192, 2:193, 8:61, 26:227, 17:33, 9:12, 9:4, 8:62 corresponding to 22:39, 22:39, 60:7-9 (much of these verses deal with Jihad and what is acceptible and what is not), 9:13, 17:33, surah 109, 9:107, 3:75-76 and on against religion being compulsory 2:256, 10:99, 5:48

And that's just a few. Remeber context and deep Consideration.

I'm not Muslim and so cannot speak for Islam but I do speak from my own studies and what I see dosn't compute with alot of anti-Islamic statements.
I'm not saying there aren't nutters out there but I am saying that I think we should should not ourselves succumb to nutterism.



posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
[color=mediumorchid]
Disclaimer: This is strictly my opinion.

You know what? No. Absolutely not.

That would be like someone coming into your house and demanding that you change your rules.

When you relocate to a different country, you should try to fit in there. You should learn the language, know their customs, understand their legal system, their education systems, PRIOR to moving there.

I am certainly not going to move to (insert country of choice here) and demand that everyone there start speaking english.

Their behavior is not acceptable. If that is the way they want things, they should have relocated to somewhere that already has similar customs.



new topics

top topics



 
38
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

log in

join