It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims want children excused from music, mixed phys-ed classes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

A dozen Muslim families who recently arrived in Canada have told Winnipeg's Louis Riel School Division that they want their children excused from compulsory elementary school music and coed physical education programs for religious and cultural reasons.

www.montrealgazette.com...

This is somewhere between annoying and ridiculous. These Muslim families no sooner arrive in Canada than they are making demands on the education system to make concessions for their "special" children. We are talking about elementary children here, by the way...so the co-ed physical education objection is lacking merit.

And...kids can't take music? Since when is a little kid learning to play a recorder, banging on a snare drum or shaking a tamborine somehow immoral? Oh, I forgot, this is from the religion that throws acid in a girl's face for attending any kind of school program (under the Taliban's version of the faith anyway).

In Canada, in this school board, these are compulsory subjects for all students...like math, English and other subjects. This is in part so that all students are given equal opportunity and consistent levels of education at the primary levels.

Sadly, it seems that the Board is already scrambling around trying to find ways to accommodate these unhappy "new Canadians". This is a slippery slope...and will only lead to more and more demands from this community.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Manitoba, do as the Manitobans do...or keep on "migrating" until you find a country and a system that is entirely to your liking.

And good luck with that...

Resist this madness Canada...resist!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
It's the same here mate.These people have no interest in integreting and I wonder why we pander to them.They basically are economic migrants hiding themselves as asylum seekers which makes a mockery of the system.As you say ''when in Rome''.I once read a thread about the oil crisis in the 70's and a condition of us getting oil was to let these people live in the West without integreting them to our values,it seems to be true and over 30 years later this is still going on.

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

Exactly right! They should be made to everything the other kids are made to do!. To all the "Bleeding heart" Muslim supporters that defend this rubbish I call you all out to justify this! A we have seen by recent comments by the British Government! Time is up! As we say here "Love us or leave us!"

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't usually accept anything spoken by the Tories, but in this case Dave Cameron might be correct:

www.bbc.co.uk...

State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron
David Cameron has criticised "state multiculturalism" in his first speech as prime minister on radicalisation and the causes of terrorism.

At a security conference in Germany, he argued the UK needed a stronger national identity to prevent people turning to all kinds of extremism.

He also signalled a tougher stance on groups promoting Islamist extremism.

The Muslim Council of Britain said its community was being seen as part of the problem rather than the solution.

Mr Cameron suggested there would be greater scrutiny of some Muslim groups which get public money but do little to tackle extremism.

Ministers should refuse to share platforms or engage with such groups, which should be denied access to public funds and barred from spreading their message in universities and prisons, he argued.

"Frankly, we need a lot less of the passive tolerance of recent years and much more active, muscular liberalism," the prime minister said.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
They have probabaly left a country where what they are demanding in the "new country"

is the "norm". So if they do not like the rules of the "new country" they are FREE to return

to where they came from where the rules are to their liking. It is not logical to expect a

whole system (evolved over years] and satisfactory to the many residents of that country

to be changed for the few newcomers. Surely when you are going somewhere new you go

with an attutide to adapt to where you are going and not expect the new to adapt to you !!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I totally agree with what you all have said things go too far at times and are just getting worse.....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There have been so many instances of exactly this type of thing happening in the UK. Why are we pandering to their demands I will never know?
Yet this will happen more and more - and as seems to be the case when you voice concerns about it you are deemed to be a racist!
I hope you have more luck resisting than we seem to have over here. Protest about it, don't let it take root.
I was glad to hear David Camerons speech I hope it's not hot air and e does actually become more unaccepting of efforts to divide the country and culture...
Thanks

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Frankly, I don't care who they are. Black, white, red or yellow, Christian or not. If they don't like what we have here in America, they can get the *snip* out.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Lousy, obese and tone deaf kids. Great...

Sorry, but my stance on this is well known on ATS. If you move to a different country, then you follow that countries rules, regulations and customs; if you don't like it then don't move.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just recently a 14 year old girl in Bangladesh said she was raped by a 40 year old married cousin. She was attacked and beaten by the man’s family because she was accused by them of adultery. She was arrested and charged with adultery under Sharia law. Sentenced to public flogging, she died after 80 of the 100 lashes she was to receive. These people are either too scared to stray from their beliefs or don’t want to. I’m thinking most are scared.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is crazy and over the top. If those subjects are compulsory for all, than their request is completely without merit and borders with attempted child abuse IMHO. Just imagine you would want your children excused from maths, because you deem numbers immoral, or from biology, because your crazy fundamentalistic religion is not compatible with evolution.

There should be no comprising with such requests.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

I wouldn't disagree with maths

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

They are doing what they are set to do, conquer and establish their own Islamic rules.

Islam is a law and they will always conflict with established nations laws that are not base on Islam.

Still people doesn't get it, the so call Religion of peace is nothing but a religion of religious intolerance in the nations that they are spreading into to conquer and spread Islam.

It doesn't take a genius to see what they are doing on countries like UK and Australia.

Very soon the tog of war in politics will start.

But the so call apologist will fall flat on their butts telling that is all part of religious tolerance and that they are in their right.

Watch and learn, because this is becoming the norm.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by facchino

What i find very odd is that you are called a racist if you are white and do not agree with

and will not alter your view point. But a muslim ( or others with different views, beliefs, or

colour) are not considered racist for expecting you to do so!! Surely the term RACIST

works in both directions. For example two gangs caught in a fracas one white and one

black the white gang is called racist.... and the black gang is a brotherhood or something!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Exactly.

No one seems to think of a situation where a black man calls a white; "white paint pot" for example

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

Absolutely - I have posted in several similar topics to this and a few times people trot out the racist card.
What they fail to grasp is
1 - Islam is a religious ideology not a race.
2 - Defending your country, the culture it has, the morals and standards is not racist, people confuse this so easily.
I am not some white power extremist who believes the country should deport all not whites! Far from it, people from other cultures have a lot to offer us, but the key is they offer some element of integration, not demanding that their own standards take precedence over existing cultures.

There are numerous other posts I have made that demonstrate this and when I have some more time later I will try and get the links to them into here

I have also said before - why are TPTB allowing this to happen - they should be all over it.
Imagine if every culture in the UK, Polish, Armenian, Sikh, Jamaican, all started insisting that their "home" cultures" should be considered and take precedence for them over the existing UK one - this country would descend into chaos.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What on earth has the fact that they're Muslim got to do with anything ?

This is a case of some parents, for one reason or another, complaining about having their children forced to being taught something that they don't agree with or that they don't want their children to take part in.

It's amazing when so many people pull out the ''freedom'' or ''government intrusion'' card when it suits them, they apparently ignore the fact that these parents are objecting to the State forcing their children to learn something that they do not wish to.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Double post.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
This is crazy and over the top. If those subjects are compulsory for all, than their request is completely without merit and borders with attempted child abuse IMHO.

Don't be absurd.

I find it highly objectionable that people will flippantly throw around the phrase ''child abuse'' for something that is not remotely near it.

Child abuse is the sexual, physical or psychological abuse of a child. Not wishing your child to attend mandatory music and PE classes is nowhere near any kind of abuse whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
while at it, they could excuse themselves out of everything else and go right back to Stone Ages. i dont have any problems with it. want to be backwards folk that stays in the rearguard of society? fine, one less citizen to compete against for everyone else. now if they also opt out of possible welfare, everything will be well set.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join