It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try to implement Health Care bill, go to jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Now that there is a court that has declared that the entire Health Care bill is null and void due to being un Constitutional and not having a severability clause, does that mean that anyone attempting to implement or enforce it, could be charged with a crime?

I came across this blog and there is legal precedent for it, IMO.

Here is the article-Memo to Each HHS Employee Working on Implementing Obamacare: How would 10 years in Federal Prison for violating 18 USC 641' Look on your Resume?

Alaska Gov. Sean Parnell is asking his attorney general to advise him on whether implementing the federal health care overhaul would put Parnell in violation of his oath of office. A federal judge in Florida this week struck down the law as unconstitutional in a case joined by 26 states, including Alaska. A major point of contention is a provision requiring citizens to buy health insurance... Parnell says he took an oath to support and defend the constitutions of the United States and Alaska. While the Republican governor concedes the issue is expected to be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court, he says he has a duty to uphold the law and wants the attorney general to advise him on what the duty is after the Florida ruling.

More at the link.

Hmmm, very interesting.

edit on 5-2-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: grammar

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Now that there is a court that has declared that the entire Health Care bill is null and void due to being un Constitutional and not having a severability clause, does that mean that anyone attempting to implement or enforce it, could be charged with a crime?

No, because it's still law. It's been appealed, so it's still law. It also has nothing to do with Title 18 paragraph 641.

This was only the second judge to rule against the law. Two others have upheld the law. Fourteen judges have thrown the case out.

You're not going to make a thread on those though, are you?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Those courts mean NOTHING. A judge has ruled that the legislation in it's ENTIRETY is un Constitutional.

Until a higher court rules otherwise, this RULING STANDS.

Let me put it this way, what happens when a lower court finds on a case and THEN the higher courts decide not to hear it? The lower court's decision is FINAL.

This is not a case of I have 2 judges and you have 2 judges, this is where a court at a certain level has stated that it is un Constitutional. Until a higher court overturns this decision, the decision stands.

So far now we have TWO courts where the Obama administration if they continue implementing their current actions, they are in contempt of court and are breaking laws. Hmmmm, I wonder if the left thinks the Executive Branch can do anything they want.

Give me some precedent or some references to judges saying otherwise. Otherwise all you are doing is blowing smoke.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The fed judges ruling is as such that anyone going against the ruling is in contempt of court.
Nice to know that the Obama Govt thinks that they are above the law.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Right as usual.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Thanks for the comments.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I thought I would get more kickback from this OP.

What, peeps going to agree with me by omission?

top topics

join