It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC to broadcast live superbowl for the 1st time ever, could this be the real sum of all fears?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If you have watched the movie sum of all fears you'll see it involves a nuclear dirty bomb exploding at a football event (superbowl) ive watched recent videos that seem to always relate to a football(american) match and a nuclear device exploding.

I just wonder why the bbc are going to be broadcasting this year, theyve never done it before as there isnt enough of a following for it over here.

Maybe they want cameras over there to broadcast the event

Thoughts please!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Its not like anyone will be watching it. Isnt it usually on channel 4 or sky anyway? and no one notices.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yeah, its normaly on sky. No one watches it because its rubbish. How would it work on the beeb anyway with all the advert breaks? It would be far to borning on the BBC to many talking head for years and years until someone wins.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It wasn't a dirty bomb. Dirty bombs don't go nuke. They are just normal bombs with radioactive waste attached to it and spreads it as a chemical-radiological weapon attack.

It was a full fledged nuclear reaction. That's a nuke.
That's what was in Sum of All Fears.

You mixed up two totally different types of weapons into one.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Also the cameras there would not really broadcast the event if it was an actual nuke.

They would just instantly go offline. That's all we would see.

Normal life one second, feed lost next.

Cameras outside of town would be the only ones to survive the blast and record the actual event/aftermath.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Sorry about the mix up with the bombs. I heard it on the radio and i just thought about that film for some reason! all i heard of bbc radio 1 that they are going to be broadcasting on the television BBC.is superbowl tomorrow?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

this video was put on a few days ago, go to 5minutes into the video and listen!! i still think its strange how to bbc are going over for the 1st time!

listen to it! and it makes you wonder because the president is black in the sum of all fears!

i remember from somewhere that something will happen on a national holiday which superbowl is classed as and something drastic will happen.. i think it was x files the movie fight the future or something

we'll see
edit on 5-2-2011 by lukeUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

This is the sort of thread that annoys me.

It’s the fourth time now in 2 days that I have seen someone referring to a dirty bomb as a nuclear bomb. It’s not sloppy just shows you don’t actually know what you’re talking about because the difference is massive. In the sum of all fears its a nuclear bomb not a dirty bomb, and it’s also a very good film based on a reasonably good book it is not however Tom Clancy’s attempt at a prediction.

Really all you have done is say “I saw a film once about a nuclear bomb going off during the super bowl, BBC are showing it live, therefore I think there is going to be a nuclear detonation at the super bowl”. Don’t you see the problem with that statement, it’s the biggest problem just now on ATS people like you making these type of idiotic threads.

Anyway I will be watching a real sport.... rugby.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Right, this is starting to ring (small) alarm bells with me.

The BBC has never broadcast the SB, but this time they are going to..for some reason.

Could this be the reason?

Superbowl Day : 2/6/11 - An event abovetopsecret.com...

Which includes several members feeling that 'something' may be about to occur at the Super Bowl game.

The 'something' has been suggested to be either some kind of FF bomb event, like a radiological 'dirty bomb' (not a nuke, but has nuclear/radioactive fallout contamination), or an ET/UFO disclosure type event.

Then there was this thread a few days ago;

My husband woke up www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this thread a member has described how her husband of a number of years, 'suddenly' started to act strangely and was babbling about having to get to the Super Bowl where he says there is going to be 'an event' which he wanted to go to in order to 'help'.

Curiously, his account seems to be some disaster scenario, but this thread also includes a lot of talk about realising the ET created humanity and possibly could signal the start of a FF ET event that has been speculated on for a number of years.

Strange that the Super Bowl should be televised by the BBC for the first time, when all of these events tied to it are seemingly everywhere.

Perhaps the end of civilisation or the start of a new one will actually be televised.

Cheers for the post OP.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
the BBC is broadcasting the superbowle because like it or not england is an adoptive american state, I see a lot of english tv programs now are trying to be like american programs ( just look at some of the beebs recent sitcoms) and yes it is the sum of all fears for the brithish peoples that they are giving up their idenities to be more like the americans ...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lukeUK

My thoughts...
It is already being filmed in a huge way. If a nuclear bomb went off at the super bowl, you wouldn't see anything, and if there was anything to see do you think the Brits wouldn't see it anyway eventually?

Would they need to see the screen go blank live rather than hear about it 30 seconds later on the news?

Also all that other common sense aside, wouldn't it be a little obvious?

link   
Thread is nonsense, the BBC broadcast the Super Bowl live last year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

link   
reply to post by lukeUK

Yeah that's interesting. Its like when the British play some big soccer game we Americans could care less. But some time we will watch the world cup but it only bored us Americans to death because of some countrys incisive flopping to get a foul or card or what ever they do. We just have different tastes in sports that's cool. Im not a jingoist who thinks America is the greatest but here in America if you flop the people will boo you out of the game or call you on it because its looked down on here. As for a nuke happening on the Superbowl god i hope not.

link   

Originally posted by Lucifersjester
the BBC is broadcasting the superbowle because like it or not england is an adoptive american state, I see a lot of english tv programs now are trying to be like american programs ( just look at some of the beebs recent sitcoms) and yes it is the sum of all fears for the brithish peoples that they are giving up their idenities to be more like the americans ...

Yeah, not disputing your assessment of our relationship with America and Americans, but that's not the point.

The point is, we've had a similar relationship with the US for years, with the ever encroaching cultural exchanges in terms of exporting media, tv, fashions, even language, yet the BBC has *never* before covered the Super Bowl event.

That's the point, and a legitimate question would be why now and not before?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The paranoia really sliced through your guys logic on this one.
I even see usually logical posters dropping all sense to comment on this.

Here some sample conversation for G.B. from a theoretical and non existent future universe in which a nuke went off at the superbowl.

Brit1: "Hey, did you see? A nuke went off at the Superbowl!"
Brit2: "Oh no, I didn't know that. I wasn't watching."
Brit1: "Yeah no one was watching. I think I'm like the only person in London that knows a Nuke went off in Texas. I was just flipping through the stations on the tele and saw."
Brit2 "Yeah, guess we need better news media."

See what I mean? They wouldn't need to coax people to pay attention to the superbowl so they could find out an attack happened.

edit on 5-2-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Weren't there some net rumours going round last year that there would be some UFO event at a big sports fixture? Maybe the BBC got tipped off and is there to film ET!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by oxbow
Thread is nonsense, the BBC broadcast the Super Bowl live last year.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Ahh well...that puts this thread well and truly to bed doesn't it!

Killjoy...was just getting into the possibilities then too...ho hum.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

The man is right, just away to post that same comment but glad to see someelse has done it. What does this mean? They have had the rights to broadcast the superbowl from last year for X amount of years.

End......

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

Nice one!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
we dont have to argue i heard it and thought it was strange thats all

why are you on ATS if your not open minded why dont you just go and follow the media and watch FOX news - or maybe you've been employed to ridecule peoples comments and disagree.. i dont want arguing grow up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join