It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
"Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed!"

What an impressive headline. And it get's even more impressive, when I translate it into my first language:

"Sieg in Deutschland! Reichskanzler sagt der Multikulturalismus ist gescheitert!"

Yeah, the sound is different, but the meaning is the same... (ok, the exact translation of "Prime Minister" isn't "Reichskanzler", but I think you get what I mean
)

Looking around I ask myself, if we germans are possibly the ones who keep the lessons of history best in mind...

Whoever said: "Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it!"? Think about it...
edit on 5/2/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

Star for you! History will repeat itself. Goose stepping Brits,and all!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Peloquin

I'm not getting an answer from these fellas. Apparently multiculturalism is not working and we must deal with the muslim threat. I cannot seem to get them to define this. How are you going to stop islam from spreading exactly without cutting down on freedoms?

When we get down to it, they want to force or segregate people who do not cater to their beliefs, and they use the cover of "extremism" or "western values" to justify what would otherwise be an invasion of freedoms.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

And the Crusades 2.0 are back on.

no it's more like the 3rd Jihad

for those about to Rock... we salute you !

I can't say that I really understand that comparison. What were the other two Jihads?

open your mind to it all... I have watched so many movies, some people claiming liberal others claiming fundamental and some claiming non-bias, ect, ect.

I am not sure where your at? but do not be as narrow minded and unenlightened as the liberals in my country please, the liberal democrats in my country are very uneducated and can only see or take one point of view, they refuse to watch anything that does not conform to their beliefs, their mindset usually revolves around conspiracy and they always think their "government is out to get them" we have alot of that on ats too...

just an observation, if you watch the film and would like to debate or discuss it from altering points of view let me know.

another film called Obsession came in the mail to many American households, free of charge...

edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: second video added

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by Haydn_17
British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

I don't understand what people mean by the "failiure of multiculturalism".

It means the country is deteriorating at the same rate that the immigration levels go up.
Real easy.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So they finally realised: 'BIRDS OF A FEATHER STICK TOGETHER' it's nature. Absolutely nothing wrong with being multi cultural - Heaves my family are a perfect example but nations living side by side in harmony is what they should be aiming for.
We are all ready to respect our neighbours but we don't want to live in the same house - IT DOESN'T WORK. We have nothing in common - it like two people who Marry with nothing in common I ask you - WHAT HAPPENS? Yes you guessed it - they get a divorce!

How much money and heart break has this experiment with human lives cost them?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

It means the country is deteriorating at the same rate that the immigration levels go up.
Real easy.

But even if you stopped immigration, there would still be multiculturalism. The diversity of cultural and ethnic groups in the US and UK such that limiting the numbers of immigrants will not change the state of the countries at the moment. How is stopping immigrants going to end the practices of islam in these countries?

And maybe you can pick up where the others here could not. How do you intend to stop the growth of islam? How do you intend to get people to abide by specified western customers?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You people are all far too accepting.

You'd really like to think that every immigrant is moving because of oppression, for better opportunity... that's really giving the benefit of the doubt.

I'll take for example the good ol' USofA. We accept everyone, you'll see every skin color and any kind of religious building. You'll see religious books, their own hours on the radio station (in their own language), their own supermarkets (all in their own language), basically the culturalized version of everything you need. I don't have a problem with this, it's culture inducing. I wouldn't be able to choose from homemade Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Mexican, and Italian food for dinner. I wouldn't experience the crazy amounts of talent in other culture's music.

I love and appreciate the world, the opportunities it brings. I respect everything and everyone around me, so long as they show it back to me. And part of showing that respect is YOU realizing everything that's around yourself. I'll see an asian, a mexican, a european and approach them like I would anyone else. If you're visiting, awesome. Let me share my country with you. If you're going to be LIVING in MY COUNTRY though, respect the god damned country you're in. This isn't just land you happened to come across, you can't just settle down and plant your flag. If you move into my neighborhood and start planting flags from Mexico, tearing down American idols, forcing your culture down my throat rather than finding a way for it to become acceptable (and also accepting of my own) you'll find PLENTY of opposition from me personally.

If you're going to live in my country, you're going to be a citizen. This is the point that's being realized here... they're allowing multiple cultures to go on, but it's nothing more than people moving. They aren't adopting the values of the country. They aren't learning the languages they need to survive under the existing government's protection and promises.

And they will further allow multiple cultures even as your 'next Hitler' speech goes on (which it isn't racist in the least, you thick headed fools). They will willingly accept new citizens, but don't be surprised if law now allows a sect of people to be specified if there's a threat to the country. And a very real threat it is. The extremism of all factions in the world surround us, but we've always found ways to deal with it. We have law enforcement for our own citizens for a reason, you know!! They're talking about the ability to drop funding for SPECIFIED GROUPS that show signs of extremism and devalue to the country. Why should you give money to somebody who spits on your shoes after you paid someone to shine them?

So why would they allow a sheltered group of people who feel opressed, or distant and pissed off and alone to sit behind this majestic boundary of freedom of religion, when they have NO intention but living off the land. They won't contribute back to the business of the country, the political movements, the advancement of OTHER cultures who are adopting British ways.

But they are protected by your unicorns and rainbows happy laugh land of accepting everything in every way for anything. Get real. Why shouldn't you have to prove you're actually a PART of a country before you actually LIVE there? Would you let some random group of dudes who rang your doorbell live in your house just because he needed to be there? Now how about 150,000 of them who need a part of your city?
edit on 5-2-2011 by shagula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks, mate! For me, the scary thing is, that many people seem to believe, that what happened in my country - Germany - 70 years ago, was just an extraordinary event that would never repeat, because the evil spirits of the Nazi-regime have been cast away.

But the truth is, the Nazi-spirit never died. It searched and found just new hosts...

It learned to camouflage, to act much more subtle then in the days of Hitler.

And when I see, that "the problem" are no longer extreme islamists, but muslims in general, then i fear, it's once more on the home straight...

No doubt, those extreme islamists, that would kill people for religious reasons, carry the Nazi-spirit inside, but those who tend to believe, all muslims are evil, are just those extreme islamistic Nazis' brothers in mind...

That's the devil's most favourite game: Divide and conquer...

edit on 5/2/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
S&F from me op.

I live in the US, but I am going to bring back something from my white trash upbringing.

Send them all home.(to put it nicely) They are not wanted around here.

I made a comment about my original core values being questioned on another thread. I was not brought up to be a racist, but current events and political agendas of certain religous philosophies are swaying my outlook and beliefs on such posted topics.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's going to be interesting to see if PM Cameron can put this idea into practice.

Many in England think the same way about immigration in general, that it's a failed policy. The Government is terrified to have a referendum on pulling out of the European Union as they fear that the vote would be overwhelmingly "Yes" to the idea of pulling out.

Immigration is fine, so long as the immigrants take the laws and culture of the country they emmigrate to at heart. You emmigrate to England because you like all things English, to Canada if you like Canadian culture, to the USA if you like American culture, etc etc etc. Don't emmigrate and then expect people to treat you better than you would have been had you stayed home.

I am a LEGAL immigrant to Canada, have fully integrated myself into Canadian society (am also a Canadian citizen), and expect any other immigrant to do the same with the cvountry that takes you in.

Especially if you are the spouse or family member of an immigrant, you need to fully adapt yourself to your new countries laws and culture, while working to retain your own. Don't be like immigants that Cameron is referring to of the last few years, expecting the country you now call home to adapt their laws to suit your cultural and religious needs.

While cultural diversity is a definite bonus for every country on the planet, it is ONLY a bonus if immigrants adapt their culture to the culture of the country they move to, NOT the other way around.

There, I've said my piece.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, if you read that i dont think its actually what he said.. But keep rocking with the hate fest..

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Real easy.

But even if you stopped immigration, there would still be multiculturalism. The diversity of cultural and ethnic groups in the US and UK such that limiting the numbers of immigrants will not change the state of the countries at the moment. How is stopping immigrants going to end the practices of islam in these countries?

And maybe you can pick up where the others here could not. How do you intend to stop the growth of islam? How do you intend to get people to abide by specified western customers?

Yeah because of marxists pushing it down our throats for decades with media and the stifling of political dissent.

The UK & the US are special cases. Most european nations are more homogeneous.
As far as I know the US doesn't have a widespread problem coming from muslim immigrants, the population is far too big for the little muslim immigration there is to have any sort of effect..

In my opinion we should send them all to the US, they go into the middle east and spread terror for decades while Europe has to take care of all the refugees. That seems about right, they have the land and the resources, they also caused the problem in the first place.

Besides, the US was pretty much the first multicultural experiment and it's a ginormous failure in my opinion.
We don't want it here.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Absolutely nothing wrong with being multi cultural - Heaves my family are a perfect example

I agree with this totally... I have 2 muslims in my family, well actually they are American now, my aunt is married to a Pakistani and a cousin of mine is married to an Egyptian.

America is a good example of multi-culturalism, it's had its struggles admitted, but it is still a very young nation on histories timeline.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Who gives these extremist comments stars?

It's like this...

Imagine you we're school kids and you just started at the school and you look different. You're poor and have no friends, plus you don't know the curriculum at all.

We decide to help you and invite you to come out with us, to our homes etc thinking that you will fit in.

However, you were taught to hate us and our ways and have a head full of propaganda.

You like our women so you come along.
The next week a new kids starts and you ask him to come along.
The two of you find even more things to hate.
You keep coming along because of the women.

Next month there more of you and you started beating up the guys who only meant to include you.
You cried to your parents and the teachers, saying you are being left out and hurt.
Your parents and teachers give you special rights.
you still go out to the same places but attack anyone who isn't like you, claiming revenge rights.

Next you target the parents and the teachers.

This is what happens when you allow too many people into your country who are nationalists and find it fit in their thinking and agenda's to propagandise you with any brand of hate they can think of.

So - this isn't about bigotry. It's about being so nice you can't see how disgusting some people are.
It's about accepting you're evil only to find excuses for a much bigger evil.
It's about being successful because of having rules, only to be attacked by people who were always the losers because they had no rules.

Multiculturalism is GREAT. Racism isn't and the only race Britain censors are whites. Now time has come for them to change. I'm not British butt your racist PC strips people of their rights everywhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Multiculturalism is not the problem. Lousy immigration laws, out of control multi-national corporations exploiting poor countries and the military industrial complex ARE the problem. With hindsight 9-11 could have been prevented as the ex-cia director admitted his warnings fell upon deaf ears and the terrorists did as they please and some say the government was directly involved as well.

Why foil a perfectly good plot that can help you raise trillions of dollars for new gismos and keep thousands of people employed? Doesn't it make sense to kill people for profit while slowely depopulating the world from those "useless eaters"?
In fact how are we gonna get WW3 if we don't have thousands of UTTERLY STUPID LAWS that seek to TAX and POLARISE all "the sheeple" into various political and religious traps perpetuated for decades and centures under the name of "tradition"??????

Come on people support terrorism now as the NWO agents have worked extremely hard to control your mind right here on ATS(of all places lol that is supposed to "deny ignorance" lol) Sorry guys but I need to vent once in a while to maintain my sanity and I hope most people(including the moderators) are smart enough to realise I was being SARCASTIC!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Starred and flagged!

I'm literally sitting here choking up, never in a million years would I have figured that common sense would once again prevail in Britain. I hope this will ripple across Europe and Scandinavia!

I have nothing against immigrants. However it's been painfully clear since the day I could honestly think for myself, that multiculturalism = FAIL I also feel it's wrong on so many levels.

Here's why:
For starters, the host country (especially in Europe) has had a very long standing culture and traditions. Introducing a foreign element into the mix not only ruins the host countries culture, but also the immigrants! That's two cultures that have each had a long existence forced to change and adapt. Nothing's wrong with a little change, but when you have to ruin two cultures to do so, it's just not worth it in my opinion.

I've always believed that if you immigrate to another country, you do as the Romans do and not force your beliefs on them.

I also feel that instead of opening our doors like we have been doing, that we instead help them in their country so they can be the gears of change for themselves, their children and so on. "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach the man to fish..." comes to mind.

This is of course my opinion.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I love the fact that you all are just talking about RELIGION... Culture is not just religion.

Let's face it, the best would be just promote atheism because most people still believe in this nonsense called god

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Yeah because of marxists pushing it down our throats for decades with media and the stifling of political dissent.

How typical, blame it on communism which has never set foot in the US or UK, not to mention it's current mostly dead status around the world. But hey, you need a scapegoat don't you? And exactly who is pushing anything down your throats? The last time I checked, you are free to practice what ever religion you want in Europe. What I do see are people like you attempting to push you perceived "western values" down everybody elses throat. Why don't you mind your own and mind your own damn business? If people want to practice islam, it need not be your business.

The UK & the US are special cases. Most european nations are more homogeneous.

Translation, all the other countries consist of almost all white people, so why can't the US and UK be the same, right?

And it does depend on your definition of homogeneous. If we are talking about diversity in ethniciy, no, most european nations are not homgenous. We already know of the UK, France, the netherlands and Belgium, German is another ethnic diverse nation, did you know that ethnic hungarians only consist of about 35% of Hungary?

As far as I know the US doesn't have a widespread problem coming from muslim immigrants,

Ah yes, so your intention is to ban muslims from immigrating to the US and UK right? And what about the muslims in those countries already? This is what my question is. Yep, real freedom fighters over here folks.

And how has multiculturalism failed again? As far as I am aware, there is no such thing as a perfect society or country, but I don't see any breaking down of society anywhere. I go to work with a Malaysian man, I work besides an islamic man and an agnostic arabic Iraqi, as far as I know, I have never had any issues side from business disagreements. Where has multiculturalism failed again? And what do you suggest? We end multiculutralism? How?

Come out and say it. Segregation. Just like the good ol' 50's eh? Atleast be honest about your agenda here with others so we can have a nice honest debate.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey

Who gives these extremist comments stars?

It's like this...

I thought the comment was quite funny, I am not sure I starred the post though...

actually it is like this, "imagine all the people" -John Lennon

the foolish narrow-minded fantasy world of the isolated American who has not seen anything outside their Utopian borders or been educated enough in their own history.

I exercise my extremist views during voting time... it is the American way.

there are pockets of extremism in my country too, they are represented in the "blue" on this Nov 2 2010 updated map... these extremist carry dual colored images of their god in the flesh, and wear pins on their clothes along with stickers on their car, just like they do in N. Korea and the Maoist.

en.wikipedia.org...

thankfully sanity is being restored in my country too, but this topic is about UK so I provide some comparison, the bright red represents recent commie exterminations and in the dark red no Marxists have been spotted at this date in time.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: link to source

link   
This entire conversation resonates with me, like I am a handball bouncing around a court. The United States is founded on immigration and it is our infrastructure that allows for more immigration. It costs a lot of money from the taxpayer, and we have a corporate infrastructure (non taxpayer) that preys on the immigrant.

The diversity in the United States is what makes us. We have had an on going powerful discussion about the end of "white America". The truth is, "white America" is a myth...it never existed. The original American is the Native American and they are not white.

So, at the end of the day, keeping it real is this, we look at the community of our Islamic American brothers and sisters and say this, "if you do not police these people yourselves, it will cost you all. If you need help, give a shout out." I know how harsh this sounds but this has worked. It was true for the Irish Americans, the Korean Americans, the Whomever Americans....

Our greatest shame...enslaving Africans, we have yet to repay this karma. Sadly, this looks to be centuries of repayment at the rate we are going. God help us. The African American community is the gift that keeps on giving and we are still horses *sses. So humiliating.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join