It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For once something I agree with that the coalition government has said.

Here Here.

If you want to live in Britain, integrate with our society. Abide by our laws and our values of equality. You can't come here and expect a white girl to cover up her midriff. You can't come here and separate yourself from christians just because you dont agree with their religion.

You may be a muslim, but you're still a LONDONER (love this)

Like I said - come to Britain, respect our laws and rules, want to live in Britain? Abide by our laws, rules and values.

Its pretty simple and not that hard not to take out of context

And for the record, whether your white black jew chinese muslim hindu american zimbabwean russian

it all applies in the same context.

edit on 5-2-2011 by glowsticks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You lot should be more worried about the Zionists taking over than Muslims. Oh wait, it's too late for that isn't it? Take your media-induced nonsensical arguments somewhere else, this is supposed to be an intellectual forum is it not? 'LOLZ ABOUT TIME, SILLY MUZZIES'

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkrunner

Greatness so it can recolonize every continent and then later bemoan the collapse of those invaded societies and subsequent re-immigration of the poor, oppressed and dispossessed in those conquered nations? Sounds like you feel like repeating history even though you dislike the outcome?!?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

This is one of the greatest and happiest days of my life!!!! Finally the world is seeing that
Discrimination is the Key to Sanity" as one of my favorite author puts it!

I only dream of the day this movement arrives in America, not just in the South but truly throughout our nation.
edit on 5-2-2011 by KingKeever1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by longwinter
This is hilarious in itself, in the fact contained within history that the English have traveled the world and tried to conquer it, just so it will bend to English culture.

We are living in the 21st Century now, get a grip.

The British did not force English Culture onto anyone.

Look at India, how many Christians? Not many.

You mean 24-30 million Christian in India.

What have Christians in India got to do with the UK? You're really clutching at straws.

Are they Church of England or Roman Catholics? You'll find India has had Christians for over 1000 years. I'm sure some missionaries made their way there, but do you know if they were state funded and that the companies which did business there forced Christianity on Indians?

In pointing out the extremely small number of Christians In India 1.2 billion : 30 million, you verify a lack of effort (cultural imperialism) and that would only be the case if your example was representative = double fail.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiger5

What ???

I don't understand your point. Err assuming there was one but hey neither do you!

but my point is perfectly clear to me...

see the only ones left around in England after the Revolutionary war were aristocracy and some few poor souls who could not make it across the pond until the latter years like Ellis Island era... All the real Brits jumped ship long ago and established a new union and bastion of freedom for the core values of our western way of life, we call them our early settlers. Britain has long time now been just a liberal mecca, they have become so PC that their very civilization is at risk and also part of our american and western history.

personally I hate to see it go... but you guys need to get back to the God and Country thingy if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Multi-culturalism doesn't work for the most traditionalist who hold fast and dear to, well, their cultural heritage. Sure, intermarriage happen but that's only temporary. Trust me on this one. Most groups seriously segregate themselves. Notice how your co-workers or classmates hang out with those similarities. It's really too obvious. But it's not illegal.

It's the law that prevent discrimination. Oh, yes. Discrimination happens but not outwardly or publicly. People just avoid others who are VERY different. Or if they cannot get along, they just do whatever they want while the other party just get annoyed while crying afoul at the ever-so demanding ideal of "change" not happening fast enough or if ever.

link   
Hypocrisy at its finest.

The UK has invaded, occupied and "colonized" more nations than anyone else in history but is now taking issue with legal immigration into their homeland... Thats rich.

Doublethink is the order of the day.

First he demands that a group must conform and in the same breath claims that the British "believe in freedom, freedom of speech and religion"...

WOW. I mean really truly wow.

Yet again. Another mainstream, establishment, corporate media mantra finds its way onto ATS.

Instead of "denying ignorance" (ATS motto), its embraced whole heartedly.
edit on 5-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

link   

Muslims in the UK don't live with other Britons, they set up areas which are only Muslim areas, they won't buy from white british business owners, they don't vote in elections, they even go as far as setting up there own law system (sharia)

This is the issue.

If you want to live in the UK, live with other British people, vote in our elections, promote British Values!

your spreading lies and discourse. you speak for yourself only. I know many muslim people that are intergrated. What would you propose stopping them going to mosques and make them drink beer. It is multicultrism, toleration of different cultures is a strenght, not a weakness...

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

edit on 5-2-2011 by arollingstone because: not quite sure what the person I was responding to was arguing for

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

I don't understand what people mean by the "failiure of multiculturalism". What does this mean? My view of multiculturalism are people of difference backrounds, ethnic, cultural and religious, living in one country. I don't view multiculturalism as the successful integration of cultures, rather people of many differences living and minding their own damn business.

When somebody says that multiculturalism is not a workable system, what do they intend behind this statement? Do they intend to forcably segregate everybody? Do they intend to force people to adhere to one belief or cultural view? How is that going to work again and what does that say about freedom?

Yes, we must all confront extremism, but extremism is not the result of "multiculturalism". The idea of "multiculturalism" is a society where people are free to live among other peoples.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by arollingstone
You lot should be more worried about the Zionists taking over than Muslims. Oh wait, it's too late for that isn't it? Take your media-induced nonsensical arguments somewhere else, this is supposed to be an intellectual forum is it not? 'LOLZ ABOUT TIME, SILLY MUZZIES'

no actually, that is a liberal way of thinking... that they are intellectual and everyone should be and are just like them, unfortunately this is not reality...

remember that which your society and civilization is founded on or face losing it in a dog eat dog world !
edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by glowsticks
For once something I agree with that the coalition government has said.

Here Here.

If you want to live in Britain, integrate with our society. Abide by our laws and our values of equality. You can't come here and expect a white girl to cover up her midriff. You can't come here and separate yourself from christians just because you dont agree with their religion.

You may be a muslim, but you're still a LONDONER (love this)

Like I said - come to Britain, respect our laws and rules, want to live in Britain? Abide by our laws, rules and values.

Its pretty simple and not that hard not to take out of context

And for the record, whether your white black jew chinese muslim hindu american zimbabwean russian

it all applies in the same context.

edit on 5-2-2011 by glowsticks because: (no reason given)

rubbish, culture should remain in a dynamic flux, any citizen of the uk should have equal rights and if different culutres change the fabric of the uk then so be it. it has happened time over time before.
abide by our values? Muslim values are part of our values, they are just as british as you are. when did your family arrive in britian off a boat. the uk has no endemic population, there was noone living here in the last ice age and now anyone that comes over has to live by your values. egocentric foolishness if you ask me

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

23-30 million is not many and the argument he defended suggests the Brits were converting the world to their way of thinking. Such a small Christian population suggests India's culture was left, well enough alone.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What are 'British Values' anyway?

Are they such things as colonising countries and making the native inhabitants second class citizens, and then shafting the colonials who fought wars under your flag and were conveniently necessary until they weren't?
Is it taking part in illegal wars, spying on people and producing arms and armaments?
Is it a stiff upper lip with no sex drive?
Is it maintaining a constructed class system to stop the masses from getting ahead while teaching subservience to the powerful and greedy?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

I will play devils advocate. What is defined as British Culture,or Heritage? The rape of indigenous peoples lands and rights,under the Union Jack? How far back do you go,to hit the reset button? Do people now have to bow to the Queen,and King? Will religions tolerance be pushed back into the Protestants hands? Will British people smugly tell those of other faiths,that they are not welcomed,cause it hasnt worked out?A good dose of isolationism, with a touch of fear mongering? Ghettos,and barb wire? I only ask,cause these were the very things Hitler promoted. From White Culture Pride(what ever that means),to the all out decimation of so called "mud" races. British people be warned,and remember history,less you repeat it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yeah, hello everyone.

I'm a British Asian here as many know and you know what? I am sick of this facism going round here.

You don't think other cultures are participating in events and so on?
WELL, THINK FROGGING AGAIN.
Even for our events, we try to integrate all cultures as much as possible.

And sorry how do you have the right to say it when MANY of you haven't seen it occuring?
And seriously, it was pathetic for Cameron to fingerpoint to the Muslims.
I know many Muslims who are completely opposite to his view on them.

I am worried. Is this the start of something? Will there be a revolt of cultures except for the Western? Hell, is this is the first step against Islam?

[B]Remember my friends, culture isn't what is separating us...it is our own views and thoughts on one another.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
I don't understand what people mean by the "failiure of multiculturalism". What does this mean?

it is quite obvious Islam is taking over various sections of their establishments and the native briton is in fear of Sharia law taking place and gaining stronghold... hence them losing to radical islam, they have already made too many concessions just as many other places in Europe have, take France for example...

These liberals do not realize that or just what they are dealing with, there are those who bring a religious sword to their nation and they cower behind atheism.

Thank God the real Britons settled here and drafted up this paper document which protects core values of western civilization and recognizes it, but also indirectly claims and establishes for itself the separation for any religious institution from the governing body.

I myself do solemnly swear to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic !

sorry feeling all patriotic since Nov 2, 2010

edit on 2/5/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

I like this part

He will also warn that groups that fail to promote British values will no longer receive public money or be able to engage with the state.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Prime Minister has identified segregation and separatism as key issues behind the threat of Islamic extremism and called for a “shared national identity”.

www.number10.gov.uk...

---

To all the members who called me and my fellow friends on ATS Racist, Bigot, Fascist, Ignorant, i now laugh in your face

Even the Prime Minister has recgonised the threat of Islamic Extremism in the UK.

Come on you lefties, where are you?

Yeah he's a bigot to.

Not that hard is it?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by glowsticks

You can integrate successfully, abide all the laws, not segregate yourself from the rest of the society, and still be multicultural. I just can't erase all my past and half of who I am, you know.

Multiculturalism and integration are not mutually exclusive, like some of you, including Cameron, seem to think.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join