It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kellys

Originally posted by longwinter

Originally posted by Kellys
It always makes me laugh that when something happens that someone doesn't agree with they feel a need to bring up things from the past.

YES! Britain has done a LOT of things in it's past - it doesn't mean that we agree with or want to do it again.

Come on people, we're not perfect, few would claim to be, but I think that EVERY country has a past.

Can YOU sit down and really claim that you have never done anything that you regret or don't feel proud of. People change!

People change, agreed, but do your government or Monarchy? These are your supposed representatives, now how do YOU feel?

This shouldn't be a personal attack on people - my reply was not to anyone in particular more of a general one. However, I can say that there are lots of things that my government has done that I didn't agree with at the time, don't agree with now. Am I able to stop them happening or go back and change history? Of course not, I guess we have to all fall back on the 'lessons learned' answer.

The government is certainly NOT my representive - they disgust me with some of the choices that they make. I can come on here and say my opinion and then do my best to change how the country is run by voting etc - apart from attempting to start a full blown revolution, there is not much more I can do.

But, dragging up the past certainly won't help with the here and now.

Let me make this clear, that this is not a personal attack,but it is a general one, because you let your government portray to the rest of the world on your behalf (and if you disagree, that is between you and your government, you do know your vote means diddly-squat...right?)
A full blown revolution in your country is what is needed right now..did you not get the memo??

Kellys = you have the fight inside you, you just need to find it....

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Im no racist but this is the best thing that bastard David Cameron has done!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Boy you must be enumerate. Since when does a minority prove anything. The majority of the colonies choose to leave the commonwealthj due to british corruption and oppression. Let me break it down for you which is bigger One country or fifty??

Here is a hint 50 is bigger than one. Do you consider yourself numerate?

No wonder the country is going to hell in a handart. Britain will still have to import skilled people clearly!
edit on 5-2-2011 by tiger5 because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
YES!
it is about time.
all they have been doing is making Brittan in to a copy of the world.
and just look at the world.
you live by its laws and rules.
and respect its religions, all of them.

no I an not raciest.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
First Frau Merkel, and now Mr. Cameron.

Multiculturalism has not failed, not in Germany, and probably not in the UK either. If anything, it's their own approach to multiculturalism that has failed. I live multiculturalism everyday. I am the Multikulti.

"Core values" and "common denominator" are just words, pure demagogy. As an immigrant, I should respect the laws of the country I live in. Those laws ARE the core values and common denominator. My own culture is irrelevant, just like my religious believes, ethnic background, sexual orientation. Maybe these demagogues should tell me now WTH is expected more from me as an immigrant, other than following the laws of the country, since obviously that's not good enough anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Goblin

Im no racist but this is the best thing that bastard David Cameron has done!

Why do you say that BluGob? Just out of curiosity? It just might be, is all I is sayin!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sounds like the damn Spanish Inquisition all over again.

Hateful speech from those who would try to force all others to adhere to their own views.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Sounds like the Southern states in the US.
And many of the northern states also.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Amazingly good news! Now if the rest of Europe and the US would do likewise.

Doubt it .. too worried bout being called names.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
you guy's need to borrow an adaption of the United States Constitution ?

we'll gladly draft one up... Japan has done quite well with one...

I blame the pompous nature of your aristocracy, but even so Europe may be beyond redemption ?

God Bless America

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

I like this part

He will also warn that groups that fail to promote British values will no longer receive public money or be able to engage with the state.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Prime Minister has identified segregation and separatism as key issues behind the threat of Islamic extremism and called for a “shared national identity”.

www.number10.gov.uk...

---

To all the members who called me and my fellow friends on ATS Racist, Bigot, Fascist, Ignorant, i now laugh in your face

Even the Prime Minister has recgonised the threat of Islamic Extremism in the UK.

Come on you lefties, where are you?

Thank GOD! It's about time! I hope the 'left' starts to come around here in the US!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
you guy's need to borrow an adaption of the United States Constitution ?

we'll gladly draft one up... Japan has done quite well with one...

I blame the pompous nature of your aristocracy, but even so Europe may be beyond redemption ?

God Bless America

What ???

I don't understand your point. Err assuming there was one but hey neither do you!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Hopefully, getting rid of this multi-cultural nonsense, where they try to pack as many immigrants as they can on the island, will get Britain back to the greatness it once had.

If I were to move to another country, I would do all that I could to assimilate myself to my new home, including learning the language.

As it is, here in the States, you better learn to speak spanish if you go anywhere in the southwest, because most of the hispanics don't bother to learn english.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm not a Brit but I'm very happy for you guys. About time if you ask me!! S&F for you!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

This is exactly ccorrect!!

What they have realised is that the Muslims living in Britain are doing this and as their population grows, it expands the area they will control in this way.

Sooner or later, they will have entire cities or provences under total islamic control. Once this happens, there will be total Shira law in those areas. They will also be able to have strongholds to forfully expand their area of control.

Allowing Islam to get such a strangle hold on vast areas of the UK and other countries would be devistating to the freedoms and values of the western world.

Stop it now or face the very real possibility of being converted "by the sword", in the not too far off future.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Holy Crap what i am seeing here ATS Users Defending Islam?? and The Failed Multiculturalism, when Islam takeover in Europe you will be to late to save it.

We finally have interesting thread something worth talking and yet what i am seeing is Islamic apologists defending there motives in Europe! unbelievable.

And yet its no surprise why ATS users keep attacking Christianity in the religion sub section of the forums.

Multiculturalism is the biggest failure in canada aswell.

But just remember these Muslims whom are calling for a takeover of Europe are the rich muslim immigrants that came in eupore with money.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I guess I must be the only one to find this thread really depressing, how easy we fall for the divide and conquer techniques. Cameron is deflecting attention away from the cuts and giving a bit of rhetoric to appease the more right wing in the Conservative party. Victory in Britain? I doubt it. Just the age old techniques of the elites to keep us squabling amongst ourselves. Yay for victory

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NonKonphormist

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Originally posted by longwinter

If anything we brought civillisation to these peoples, improving there lives.

So called civilisation is nothing to be proud of exporting, just ask the Indigenous from South America, Australia, North America, New Zealand.
I think alot of these people would disagree about the "improvements".
Civilisation is killing off our landbase, talk about shi**ing on your own doorstep.
edit on 5/2/11 by NonKonphormist because: to do editing type stuff

For another perspective of civilisation, check out this link.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5/2/11 by NonKonphormist because: to do editing type stuff

Papua New guinea has approached the UK to set up a Head of State for them. They TRUST the UK as being more giving and far less corrupt, plus a powerful enough nation to save them from what the other half of their island face from Indonesia. They also see how much better off their close neighbours in Australia are to them.

Funny how you state the opposite to what's obvious. The nations left alone would also like schools, running water, hospitals and jobs that can afford modern conveniences...

People attack the "Britishers" because they were the victor and not because they were the worst. It just so happens that the remnants of their conquests are still alive and well. The indigenous people you talk about can argue their case without being killed and use a good education and no shortage of public funds to do so.

I don't see many examples of other displaced Aboriginals / 1st nation etc who have similar rights or compensation. If you look at Asia they are mostly dead or very much silenced and hopeless! Your examples only exist as proof of the opposite.

We are talking of the ongoing friction between indigenous culture and western culture, but in doing so you've completely blanketed over the benefits to BOTH sides.

"What did the Romans ever do for us"
edit on 5-2-2011 by bowtomonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
For all of you people who believe your idea of multiculturism is not accepted, bladahblahblahbalh,

If you disagree with what David Cameron has done, Go back to your homeland and enjoy having your hands cut off for stealing food you can't afford, due to your governments inability to be independent from western civilization - and do the board a favor...

Stop bitching about it.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by Revolution-2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Perhaps"racist" is not the most accurate term for being against a religion.

Bigotted sounds right though.

It's bigotted to presume that all believers in a religion should be judged by the actions of the extremists. Should we judge all of Christianity by the Westboro Baptist Church ("God Hates Fags" group)? Should we judge all followers of Judaism by the actions of the Zionists?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join