It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Haydn_17

Since when does "Multiculturalism" = "Islamic Extremism?"

This issue really isn't as black and white as you would like it to be and your attitude regarding the topic leaves a lot to be desired.

Very good post! thank you!

The whole European continent with its countries and Islands where each country is a specific mix of different European cultures must therefore be Multicultural in itself even without the Muslim equation!

If you're looking for a pure nationalist cultural Britain you'll need to go back to before the middle ages!

And what about all British people who are moving abroad each year to the continent? to Southern France, to Spain, to Italy etc?

By doing so they all bring with them a part of British culture into these countries.

Just take a look at the British and Spain!

Do many of the Brits mix and assimilate with the Spaniards and the Spanish society 100%?

Not really eh! many of them still live in English middleclass resort ghettos, refusing to learn Spanish and assimilate with Spanish culture.

They open up their own Pub's, butcher shops, a plethora of all kinds of worthless shops selling crap to other tourists, and they have their own plummer/handyman and TV repairman services etc etc.

So yes, Europe is multicultural even without the Muslims!

And I love all the different cultures of Europe with all its different food-culture, music and art, philosophical ideas, technology etc which is flowing across the borders through trade and been doing so these latest 1000 years at least.

Northen Europe have many different cultures - Norse, Celtic, Slavic etc - and exactly the same for Southern Europe, and that is okey with me because I love bits and pieces from all of them, really!

And nowadays they are quite intertwined with eachother on several levels.

New families are even created from this European melting pot of cultures and across the old borders. A young Northen European man meets a hot young italian chick and they start a family together and vice versa.

And I know personally some crazy English & Scandinavian and German guys who have started families with Spanish and Greek women and their big crazy families are now very multicultural in a good European way.

So Europe is and has always been Multicultural in many ways even without the Muslims!

Therefore the argument is void because Multi-kulti and a "Multiculturalism" doesn't equal "Islamic Extremism"

That's just cheap political BS rhetroric to win some measly and cheap political points!

The import of people from Islamic countries had nothing to do with "Multiculturalism" really, as the politicians been lying to their voters.

The real reason for the import of all these people was from the beginning an economic incitament, a reason to help an ageing European population with young cheap labour from second class citizens to do the dirty work which most Europeans didn't want to do like cleaning office buildings, picking vegetables on the fields, working in dirty factories etc etc.

Then this process completely went bonkers and here we are today with the obvious difficulties of the Elite's and politicians quick fix of an economic scheme - but it has nothing to do with "Multiculturalism" per se,

It has more to do with problems which occured when so many people (European economic slaves) at the same time came to Europe, and who also happened to have a much different religion than ours - and they were then placed in cheap ghettos were these problems were brewing each year because the elite neoliberalists had already started to sell out the public owned state corporations and manufacturing to their pals in the elite, and they had started to move their factories and operations to Asia for more profits - and the unemployment levels and future prospects for these Muslims was therefore growing each year as a result of this.

The industrial elite and their puppets the Neoliberalist politicians screwed all of us - every taxpayer in Europe!

They imported all this cheap labour to Europe with promises of work, then in the midst of this process they sold out all good state-companies which the taxpayers owned together, and they sold them dirt cheap TO THEIR PALS in the industrial elite who then moved them to China and elswhere in Asia FOR MORE PROFIT.

But that is not the fault of "Multiculturalism" - it is an economic problem created by the greedy corporations and the elite who demanded cheap labour for their industries and corporations, and they didn't give a rat's ass about the wellbeing of their cheap labour - that became the problem and headache of their corrupt puppet politicians.

The people responsible for the situation today = the greedy elite industrialists and corporatists of Europe who only were looking for profits first and didn't give a rat's ass about the social wellbeing of the Europeans in the long run. They imported these people and promised them work in Europe - and after 10-15 years when all these people came, the elite had suddenly changed their greedy plans.

And they left these people in the ghettos without any work and any future work-prospects at all. they lured them to Europe, and when they finally came with dreams of a better future, they were abandoned in their ghettos were they had no future.

And now they are stuck here!

AND ALL OF THIS BECAUSE OF GREED!

Greed of the elite European industrialists & corporatists, the effects of years of Thatcherism and neolibral political puppets like Mr Cameron himself!

Blame them and their Banking cartel for these problems we're having today, and blame them for their greed and their neoliberal policies which swept over Europe - blame them for robbing the taxpayers and then selling the public property & manufacturing plants dirt cheap (which the taxpayers owned and had paid for) to their Masters in the elit - but don't blame Multiculturalism because that was never the problem from day one!

It was a neoliberal economic scheme from the elite and the European Bilderberger industrialists which went terribly wrong because of their greed.

It was the biggest heist ever perpetrated against the ordinary taxpayers of Europe.

And yeah! they screwed their freshly imported Muslims to earn their livings in Europe as well, when these greedy elite bastards and their puppets politicians sold our public companies and moved the factory plants and other operations to Asia instead, soley for more profits and cheaper labour!
edit on 5-2-2011 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Gee.
Could this be why man has separated himself from others in order to live the lifestyle that they feel comfortable with?
I'm not comfortable with hacking peoples heads off because they don't believe what I believe.
I'm secure enough with myself that women don't have to walk ten steps behind me.
And I don't need to bow down in a public display of faith to G_D, just to impress the people around me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Surely you're not confusing a nation state with nation country? A Scot may claim as much right to be as 'British' as a Welshman, or an Englishman, but not in the same sense a citizen from say Georgia or one from Texas relate themselves to the Union, or Constitution: the relationship is entirely different.

It also just seems convenient to use the term 'British'. Not only has the UK fragmented into separate parliaments and assemblies, so asserting individual nationalistic traits, but it's been actively encouraged to do so. Excuse me, but it was that that I found particularly ironic.

Is it really that different?

I've heard people from states in the US such as Texas referring to themselves as 'The great country of Texas'. From a historical perspective, the original thirteen colonies were separate and sovereign countries that ultimately came together under a federal, centralised constitutional government.

The same (or similar) is basically true of Great Britain.

We had our separate countries, which were brought together under a centralised government and was called 'Great Britain', although each country has retained it's own unique national identities and flags, money and so on.

So, although our political systems are somewhat different, the history and principles of many 'country states' coming together under a centralised government as in the USA, is quite similar to the union in Great Britain in terms of the end result. We both have 'states' (or countries) that retain their own identity, their own local governments, and their own laws (to an extent), yet are still an integral part of a larger body.

Yes, differences exist, but our respective nations have more in common in terms of the resulting structure of the whole, than we don't.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MattC

Of course there are the minority that refuse to blend with our culture

Therein lies the rub mate.

There *cannot* exist a British culture to assimilate if we have a multicultural society.

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

This could back fire, it could be seen as him isolating Islamic communities which in turn fuels fundamentalist believes. Then it could also be perceived that he is going to use this to make more cuts and save money, by taking it form the Muslims. By saying that Muslims who have lived as Muslims in this country for generations must now strip themselves of their identity and accept “British values” over “Islamic values” could feed violent extremism. He is singling out Islamic terrorism, what about Irish terrorism and why just put Muslims extremist views under the spotlight, what about the equally extremist views of groups like the EDL, Combat 18 and the BNP or for the sake of balance the UAF. He is pushing Muslim communities into a corner with this announcement by singling them out and ignoring these other extremist groups in the UK.

Multiculturalism is actually a good thing, increases understanding and tolerance between cultural groups which in turn leads to a more prosperous peaceful society, he shouldn’t be saying “its failed” he should be saying “its failed, but here is how we’re going to fix it”. Why anyone would celebrate this is beyond me, he’s probably only saying this because it was a labour buzz word, and he’s starting to worry about the balance of power in Westminster. Let’s not forget this comes a day after the Labour Council of Liverpool pulled the plug on the Conservatives “Big Society” plan leaving them with egg on the face. To me this sounds like a very stupid political move by Cameron in attempt to win one back over Labour at a time when the coalitions popularity is dwindling. It’s all politics and it’s very dangerous to play it like this.

At the end of your article it says that the PM also said that

We need to be clear: Islamic extremism and Islam are not the same thing,

You would do well to recognise that difference, just like you would also benefit from recognising that multiculturalism and Islamic extremism are not the same thing.

And can someone please tell me what are “British Values” the only one I was ever really aware of was multiculturalism.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Of course Britain has been a Multiculture for centuries.

For example, a little known fact is that the Irish are the largest minority of immigrants to enter the UK, (Not asians)

"The Irish have been the largest source of immigrants to Britain for over 200 years and as many as six million people in the UK are estimated to have at least one Irish grandparent.[3] As many as one in four Britons may claim some degree of Irish ancestry although there is no reliable hard data on the question.[2]"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Its a matter of RESPECT

If you open your front door to a stranger, you are letting them into your home.

You expect them to live under the rules of your house.

You dont expect them to start eating your food without asking, or re-decorating your front room.
(I use this as an example, not literal)

But the point is, if you invite someone into your home, you dont expect them to start recruiting suicide bombers to kil you.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I don't think mutliculturalism is a bad thing per say but the cultures that are mixing have to share the same core values.

As a posting pointed out early there are "Resort Ghetto" in Spain filed with Brits who won't learn Spanish but there isn't any (or much) animosity towards them because they share the same (or mostly) the same core values.

Of coarse there are positives and negitives in all these cultures but its seem within Britain its been mostly negitive.

And I don't just mean Muslims, even American culture has had a detrimental effects on Britain. For example "knife crime" I think you could put the rise in knife related deaths down to the violence seen in Hollywood and heard in music.

But the reason we in Britain don't/haven't protested against America is because we share the same core values.

Peace.
ALS

edit on 5-2-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

The people responible for the situation today is the greedy elite industrialists and corporatists of Europe who only were looking for profits first and didn't give a rat's ass about the social wellbeing of the Europeans in the long run

I agree there was more than likely an element of this thinking in the beginning, but my personal view is the main reasoning behind 'multiculturalism' is a very large and very long and winding rabbit hole.

Other elements would be the desire to prevent future war because of ignorance. I assume the rationale would be that if we were all familiar with each other and our customs and views, then we would be less liable to jump to violence and attack each other if we were more aware of each other, if we knew each other and were familiar with our customs and quirks. A noble goal, and may even have contributed to the prevention of violence, in respect of international wars.

I have other more 'esoteric' suspicions as to why it was suddenly decided to meld us into one people, why it was imperative that the cold war came to an end and why mass organised and established religion will ultimately be officially abandoned (no longer encouraged)...but i'll not get into that here as it will derail this thread, (and get me rubbished in the process) but i will say that the admission of a failure of the 'experiment' to integrate races peacefully, may have global ramifications that most people cannot possibly imagine yet, and may affect all of our futures on this planet.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Multiculturalism is one of the primary tools in the PTB's bag of dirty tricks. It has destroyed whole civilizations, countries and empires such as Rome, Portugal, Spain, most African countries, etc. and it's in a country around you right now I am sure. It's touted as a positive "experiment" in making everyone more tolerant and appreciative, so they get along better. It does the opposite. It's actually a method of fragmentation of population groups through self segregation, so that once in place, governments have no consensus driven opposition and can rule by decree.

That being said, Cameron is a politician, your standard run-of-the-mill graft driven meat puppet and on a short leash. So if he is saying this, there is a reason the PTB want him to say it. I think you're going to see some pretty serious Muslim revolts and rioting in the UK, coupled with extreme violence from government agent provocateurs in order to bring in more laws, more restrictions and much much less freedom. I could be wrong, but the PTB's play-book is being followed I am quite sure. When a politician opens its mouth or writes some crap down, you can be damn sure there's a reason and it's not to help anyone but itself and its handlers.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Multiculturalism is one of the primary tools in the PTB's bag of dirty tricks. It has destroyed whole civilizations, countries and empires such as Rome, Portugal, Spain, most African countries, etc. and it's in a country around you right now I am sure. It's touted as a positive "experiment" in making everyone more tolerant and appreciative, so they get along better. It does the opposite.

It has worked in the UK. It has prevented large scale race riots. since it has gathered a pace. The defining time was the racist murder of Stephen Lawrence. I am saddened that it took a promising you black man to die to make the whole country confront itself but I am proud to say it happened.

There are idiots who are racists but they are a tiny minority.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Of course Britain has been a Multiculture for centuries.

For example, a little known fact is that the Irish are the largest minority of immigrants to enter the UK, (Not asians)

But most cultures integrate. And that's what 'multiculture' should mean. But Asians, whether born in this country or not, have steadfastly refused to integrate. Whole cities (like Bradford) have virtually been taken over. An Asian co- worker once told me it was deliberate. She explained for example how they got together to buy out white owned property and businesses. Another co-worker (male/white) who understands urdu/punjabi has told me that shop staff sometimes swear at him under their breath - not realising he understands. A friend backed off from registering her child at a nearby college because they felt so intimidated. Whole areas have been turned into mini Pakistans and the environment generally goes downhill. I'm talking gardens full of refuse (soiled nappies thrown out of windows even), blatant ignoring of traffic rules, drug dealing and prostitution rings, streets being taken over by Friday religious processions.... It ceases being cute and trendy if you are older than a student and have to live in it. Different values, different mindset, different customs, different dress, different everything.
It's a cancer in UK society. Unfortunately the cancer can't be cut out, it will take over the whole body. This is why the BNP has gained support.
Unfortunately there is an element of 'shutting the stable door...' in what Cameron said.
edit on 5-2-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There has be immigration into the UK for generations. Many races, many religions.

HOWEVER...Where are the Jews blowing-up trains? Where are the Buddhists calling for homosexuals to be murdered? Where are the Chinese murdering their own daughters because they don`t like their choice of boyfriends? Where are the Sikhs demonstrating in the streets and cheering those who murdered 3000 in New York? Where are the Ugandan Asians demonstrating in the streets and calling our troops "murderers" and "child-killers"?

Go and look - - you won`t find them. But ask any Imam and he will tell you that the Infidel must die if he/she doesn`t convert to Islam.

That is the unacceptable face of extremist Islam and that is what we are up against, not just in Britain but in all of Europe. And no amount of mealy-mouthed apologists will change that either.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by exroyalnavy

Cue someone popping up to tell us about all the evils perpetrated by Christianity in the past. But that was then and this is now.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Not to mention the Vikings, Alexander the Great and Attila the Hun - - what swine they all were! But that was indeed then and this is not just now but tomorrow as well if we are not careful. 8-))

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Unless you're in the UK and living it, you don't know

I have a strong feeling that many who've attacked the OP post less from conviction and more to an agenda

If it's obvious to me, it's obvious to many

In any event, comments posted in this forum will not influence or shape the opinions of those at the UK frontlines

They are living it. They don't post for pay. They are not owned by the agenda-pushers

I believe we all know the identity of the group which foisted millions of uneducated, unskilled, primitive, polygamous muslims on Northern Europe. It's the same group which has its filthy fingers in unrest, wars and corruption, planet-wide

Unfortunately for that group, they're universally hated. Universally

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
david cameron is a puppet, just like tony blair and gordon brown...........lets talk about somthing else, this is getting nowhere.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sekos

You read the thread topic, obviously

And that IS the thread topic

By all means go talk about something else. Hundreds of other thread topics from which you may choose

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Muslims are not prepared to assimilate. They murder anyone in their family who wishes to assimilate

They are, as someone said earlier, a cancer on British society and culture

How could it be otherwise ? Muslims adhere to a religion which is a culture. They adhere to it religiously

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Simple. Logical. If unprepared to respect the culture of the host nation and population -- then get out. Also simple and logical

Don't see Israel conforming with 'multiculturalism' --- do you ? No. You see posters all over the place describing jews who consort with or marry non-jews as 'Missing', 'Kidnapped'. You see black jews being rejected. You see protest marches against jewish women who consort with non-jews. You see jews in packs prowling the streets and beating jewish women and their non-jewish boyfriends. And if you don't know about all that, you should do some research - because it's all there awaiting your discovery

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

I'm not saying Asian in general, believe me, I understand that a lot of immigrants try their damnedest to fit into society. However, I am not completely ignorant to the on-goings in the UK. By asians I am also referring the middle easterners, as they are called asians in the UK. As opposed to the OPs post as I am, I am not going to ignore the fact that there is a problem with Middle Easterners separating themselves from the rest of society in the UK. The problem is not prevalent in the US due to the mindset one brings to America "No longer am I (insert random citizenship) I am AMERICAN, and I AM PROUD"

The issue is distinctly Euro specific, and I would encourage you to investigate further.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join