It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 20
122
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by atomicn
 


We are still asking them to join the community; we want them to condemn extremists with us (including the BnP).

We want them in our society. But i don't think we should submit to their libel law demands or their education demands.

We've given them churches, given them homes, benefits and jobs, and they still have a problem with free speech/expression in our society.

Again if they hate it so much here that they feel they have to change it; the door is open to the theocratic countries whence they came. But we welcome with open arms too.


what United Kingdom ? are you talking about that Island the godless liberal laxed lifestyle of your aristocrats and the likes of Richard Dawkins has reduced you to !


there is no room for the godless liberal in this discussion...




posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
EDL are NOT NAZIS.

Watch



Would a Nazi organisation let a Jewish rabbi speak?



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hi

I notice alot of we did this and that here...

Throwing wrongs doesnt help much.

But this is a culture and RELIGEOUS take over with their own values...

YES cultures do change BUT THERES DONT....

I read in the UK where they want their own court system as well,,and France has many many problems as well.
(BEYOND BELEIF),,many other countries european also,,,

I read where they want to want the park services to take away the childrens swimming pools also..

Now we got a religeous(?) culture,, that migrates to another country and wants to make to make its own rules into the society and even has the gull to challenge and change our culture to adapt to theirs???

There is nothing racist here!!!
This is becoming a major problem!

Some here are in question who do not see the problem????,,,,,

This is to much.....

In another 5 years there wont be any church of a western faith in their countries,,anong a few now,,,,kill ya now if you try to start one,,,

tolerence????

And yes,,most mosques are funded by private/over sea countries,,,the ones they were probly even fleeing from???

And as for beauty,,,,I'd prefer a vacant tar parking lot than a mosque....each mosque is a private embasy...

I seen all what I need to see...and as to change my mind is like "lets give it a little more time",,,???

NO WAY HO ZA !!!

Kona



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17
 


holy cow !

I do not know much about England's politics and research is in order... but one thing that resonates with me is this EDL party !

England we are with you ! (here we call ourselves Republicans) the party who just took the largest control of our government since 1948 !



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
The truth is only 'some' muslims do what you say, like only 'some' black people do the same, and even 'some' white people.

I see plenty of Muslims in ASDA and Sainburys lol, I'm not sure where your going here, but there are all kinds of Muslims in this country. Not one is the same as the other, just like with anything else.


Originally posted by Bumface Jones
Clearly a few posters here are still enjoying their upper middle class lives, living in a quaint, Edwardian style English village.


Sorry to disappoint you, but I live in London, I am muslim, my family is muslim and I know many muslims. None of them are like what you say. I live in London where plenty of muslims integrate very well with others. I'm sure what you say is true about some muslims in other areas not integrating well. All I'm saying is not one muslim is the same as another muslim, everyone is different.

You and many others keep painting all muslims with the same brush, you say muslim this muslim that while forgetting important words like 'some', you generalize way too much in your post. Which is not helping your case.

By the way I am half welsh and half Moroccan, which means I am lucky to have a better perspective on this subject than most people. I can clearly see both sides of this subject, I have a Muslim and non Muslim family.

My father worked hard to come to this country and make a family, he learned English quick, he got along well with others and followed all the rules.

In the end none of my welsh family wanted to see him simply because he was Moroccan, My dad never saw my mother's mother and my mother's brother. He very much wanted to make a good impression and convince them he is a fun, nice guy, but they never gave him a chance, my parents divorced some time after.

It's not always the Muslims that don't try to integrate. In some cases it's the British people who do not try to befriend any Muslims, simply because of what they watch on news and all the propaganda that is everywhere.

Both sides need to make effort here.
edit on 6-2-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomicn
UK has failed to embrace and celebrate other cultures. Pretty much letting them do their own thing. You need to have the community involved.


What an absolute load of bollocks.

menmedia.co.uk...


Thousands of revellers were in Manchester today to mark the Chinese New Year celebrations in the city centre.

Organisers estimate that more than 65,000 people turned out to bring in the year of the rabbit – a symbol of tranquillity in Chinese culture.


--

www.culture24.org.uk...


Each year in the UK the month of October is dedicated to celebrating black history.
From concerts, exhibitions and films, to workshops, lectures and talks, museums and galleries all over the country are putting on events to promote black history and highlight the positive black contribution to British society.


www.thesite.co.uk...


Herefordshire Council’s cultural services learning team is running a series of events aimed at celebrating the culture of Poland.

Every year the team runs a series of events on a 'Destination' theme as a way to celebrate different cultures, raise awareness of diverse cultural traditions, and make the most of the fascinating and inspiring collections held by local museums and libraries.


www.movinghere.org.uk...


But cultural influences flow both ways, and the inventiveness and accessibility of Caribbean culture has had an influence on wider British culture, especially in the area of music and the arts.



www.dnaindia.com...


An annual event showcasing different cultures from all over the world, the Regent Street Festival will take place on September 2, 2007 and will include dance processions and musical displays along with puppetry and magic shows from India. It is being organised by the Regent Street Association and supported by the Indian Ministry of Tourism. “This year’s Indian-themed festival captures London’s growing relationship with India and provides an exploration of India’s culture and its contribution to London life,” Livingstone added.


Get your facts straight.
edit on 6-2-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1
 



When I see Britain's letting their country be overrunning by extremists,for years,and not doing a damn thing about it.


Because we can't...As soon as we say "Oohh err, not so keen on those radical, extreme islamists coming into our country taking from the welfare state, having loads of kids, wanting special exemptions, changes in the law of our land and threatening to kill us all if we don't comply" We are shot down and accused of being bigots and racists. Even though none of us has a racist or bigoted bone in our body!

Notably we don't have problems with anyone else, I don't have an issue with muslims, and I certainly don't have problems with someone's skin colour or country of origin, just the hardline extreme and brainwashed ones, who really do hate us.



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_
 


I am sorry that you had a negative experience with your in-laws, but it seems to me that they are the type of people who place value on things far less important than their daughter's happiness and as such, probably not worth knowing anyway.

I think you'll find though that the majority of posters here don't have an issue with anyone's religion or race, and their right to be who they want to be. However, it is the radical, extreme version of islam that causes the problems, by it's sheer intolerance and hatred of everything and it's desire to change everything to it's own point of view, which is clearly not acceptable to the majority of people, and I really don't think that the UK is an intolerant place...far from it!



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Sorry to disappoint you, but I live in London, I am muslim, my family is muslim and I know many muslims. None of them are like what you say. I live in London where plenty of muslims integrate very well with others. I'm sure what you say is true about some muslims in other areas not integrating well. All I'm saying is not one muslim is the same as another muslim, everyone is different.


and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that... I was reading about EDL on Wiki and it says they are non-violent non-biased street movement, which even accepts gay's ect...

you have Britons converting to Islam all the time, so I say there is nothing wrong with supporting the EDL in your position living in London, they are just as accepting as Islam claims to be, but there is only one way to find this out for real instead of throwing words like some do and with only speculation...

go join em m/ recognize that which led you or your forefathers to Christendom.

you seem to be falling for that age old racial separation card being tossed about.
edit on 2/6/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA
 


my opinion speaks for itself,,,

Yes,,I spell bad so sorry to the forum,,,

do you have a opinion to say or just mock me on my spelling,,,,?

My point was well clear,,,yet you just make a reply on my spelling...??

A reply((REPLY)) and THEN a comment on my spelling would be more in order instead of wasteing post replies if your so smart and a good speller instead of a reply on my spelling...???

And I know I spell bad and take no offense,,,,,and one can make a point with a few typos unlike the many relegios books out and about...

This is my opinion and you have yours...

Kona



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Little_Kona
reply to post by KatieVA
 


my opinion speaks for itself,,,

Yes,,I spell bad so sorry to the forum,,,

do you have a opinion to say or just mock me on my spelling,,,,?

My point was well clear,,,yet you just make a reply on my spelling...??

A reply((REPLY)) and THEN a comment on my spelling would be more in order instead of wasteing post replies if your so smart and a good speller instead of a reply on my spelling...???

And I know I spell bad and take no offense,,,,,and one can make a point with a few typos unlike the many relegios books out and about...

This is my opinion and you have yours...

Kona


I never once commented on your spelling, did I?!


Nor was I ridiculing you! I was simply trying to say, in a lighthearted way (so as not to offend you - but that failed miserably!) that I didn't understand what you were trying to say!

I apologise for offending you and I promise I wasn't ridiculing you! I was merely confused and couldn't work out what you were trying to say.

Jeez, some people on here really need to chill the hell out and stop taking life so seriously.



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
....and here I was thinking grammar and good spelling were core British values.

The King's English

Modern English Usage

Isn't that what this thread is about, essentially? The reclamation and celebration of core British values?


edit on 6-2-2011 by aorAki because: smiley



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by _Phoenix_
 


I am sorry that you had a negative experience with your in-laws, but it seems to me that they are the type of people who place value on things far less important than their daughter's happiness and as such, probably not worth knowing anyway.

I think you'll find though that the majority of posters here don't have an issue with anyone's religion or race, and their right to be who they want to be. However, it is the radical, extreme version of islam that causes the problems, by it's sheer intolerance and hatred of everything and it's desire to change everything to it's own point of view, which is clearly not acceptable to the majority of people, and I really don't think that the UK is an intolerant place...far from it!


Thanks, you mean my grandparents?


Yeah they didn't make it easy for my mother that's for sure.


And of course I hate the extremists too, the people they hurt the most is Muslims themselves. How many Muslims have been killed by extremists? too many.

Culture also has a lot to do with integration. Moroccans are very laid back people, so they usually do well. There are a lot more Pakistanis etc in England, so when people think of muslim, to them it's = pakistani, it seems like some of them don't integrate as well as some other countries. But of course I know plenty of Pakistanis who do.

In the end the real people who will get hurt are the innocent Muslims who will get targeted by angry people who've seen too much propaganda and news reports because of the extremists actions.

Which is EXACTLY what the extremists want, chaos. They thrive on wars, they find weak minded, hurt angry people to join them, because they are easily to manipulate.

Unfortunately Islam is a religion that is an easy weapon to use in politics, a lot of the chaos in the world is politics in action, religion is simply a tool to them.
edit on 6-2-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
you know I was asking a friend that's into conspiracies and such and she commented to me

"thats exactly what they want to self govern under sharia law and grow till the host identity is no more as they get more control"

about the article here from the OP www.number10.gov.uk...

I hate a Conspiracy, it's not my religion...



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

and in my opinion there is nothing wrong with that... I was reading about EDL on Wiki and it says they are non-violent non-biased street movement, which even accepts gay's ect...

you have Britons converting to Islam all the time, so I say there is nothing wrong with supporting the EDL in your position living in London, they are just as accepting as Islam claims to be, but there is only one way to find this out for real instead of throwing words like some do and with only speculation...

go join em m/ recognize that which led you or your forefathers to Christendom.

you seem to be falling for that age old racial separation card being tossed about.
edit on 2/6/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

I'm confused, are you sure your replying to me?



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_
 


I have two muslims in my family, yes I was responding to your doubt...

and comments about separation.

edit:

here is what I was responding to actually...

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You and many others keep painting all muslims with the same brush, you say muslim this muslim that while forgetting important words like 'some', you generalize way too much in your post. Which is not helping your case.

edit on 2/6/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_
 


when it comes to this theoretical ideological war they keep talking about... we sure do know what is at stake and remember history.

the EDL and other here are only speaking of an ideology that radical muslim dictators speak of and the world they wish to usher in mainly across Europe.

I salute you and your forerunners my friend...

we are against a radical ideological sword, and I personally am for anyone that is against it's ideology myself, I could care less what color or race one is.



new topics

top topics



 
122
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

log in

join