It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod

Kick rocks..

oh that's very nice... it just shows how enlightened and yet racist some people are ?

since you are shamed to post your location in this Global Utopian paradise we all live in, if you were American I would say this is the mindset of the liberal democrat which worships images of their deity.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Ah,but it doesnt change the fact that majority(Christians),is trying to change the laws,before the minority(Islam),has enough people to change the laws in their favor. That is how its going down,right
I don't know... write the PM a letter and ask him for yourself.

but I do get where you're coming from... you're with the Islamo-Fascist right ?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thank God

If they want to live the way they did back in there Country go home I say. They don't want to live in there own land because its a bad life, then they bring there teaching here and slowly get more extreme. Kick em out.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Minority Islam? Are you kidding me? They rival The Roman catholic church! They may only be a minority because they are trying to infiltrate another country that has already been established! Yes a Christian country! STFW! Are you serious? Are you that simple minded or that converted? OMG what are we coming to? The NWO is in full effect and Islam is the religion.. I kid you not!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Multiculturalism is not a failure, in general.
When it's applied to the different "white" groups, it is a roaring success. And that is evident in all western countries where various westerners have migrated back and forth. Not all western people are the same.
Eastern Orthodoxy is different culturally etc from Roman Catholicism and Protestants for example.

But when applied to Islam and other similar groups, it's an epic failure, because these people don't want to integrate.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I don't consider myself a "lefty" but you will probably take this as a left wing viewpoint.

You just quoted the Prime Minister as saying SEGREGATION and SEPARATISM as key issues behind the threat of Islamic extremism and called for a SHARED NATIONAL IDENTITY!

Um let's just say, if I made a sign with these exact words, I would be crucified as a COMMUNIST....forget about being a "lefty".

But then of course it's all just a freaking joke because he mixes those words in with "multiculturalism" as the "problem". Hmm....So we need DESEGREGATION and UNITY as stated, but NOT MULTICULTURALISM!

And people are actually buying this insane, paradoxical crap!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I live in Toronto, Canada at the very multicultural heart of multiculturalism. It's not so bad. We've already arrested a couple of lots of stupid young jihadis and we have a Chinese community with their own Chinese language mall.

Canadian thinking on all this usually voices a conviction that multiculturalism is right and good and respects people's rights to self, uh . . . blah, blah, blah. The unvoiced conviction is that once you get their kids into school, they will become real Canadians, i.e., bona fide North American consumers and couch potatoes. By and large it works.

I would prefer to see an American style melting pot culture here, but the only way to attract people to a sparsely populated country with a crummy climate is to compromise.

This all started back in the 1970s, when Canada had a population of about twenty million. Now we have over thirty million. That's not many when you consider the size of Canada. I don't know if we are having real problems handling the flood of people demanding to immigrate here. Undoubtedly there are issues in that respect, but if Britain's Asian community decided that they'd had enough of Brutish politicians, I'm sure our immigration people would be delighted.

The Canadian situation is obviously much different from that of the monolithic cultures of Europe. We have after all (leaving aboriginals out of it) two founding cultures, the French and the English, in no particular order. In addition, Canadians are dunderheaded rationalists, who think that if these two founding cultures have rights, why shouldn't every culture that follows also have rights.

When our population is 60 or 70 million will we be two or three separate countries, thanks to multiculturalism? Maybe. I think it is more likely we will be assorted states of the American union, with perhaps a French speaking country in the northeast of the continent.

Personally, I am not that concerned about it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I wish this would catch on in the US. We have a religious extremist hate group here that's apparently identical to the UK Islamic extremists. Our group is devoutly religious, sequester themselves in either gated communities or on far-out tracts of land in compounds, homesteads or trailer parks, arm themselves to the teeth, send their kids to religious schools or home-school them, constantly hold hate rallies against minorities and civil rights, often don't vote for lack of an "extreme-enough" candidate, even refuse to be counted by the census, constantly prattle on about "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants" and other violent rhetoric, only buy from businesses that share the same skin tone, ideology and religion, and often times they even like to distinguish themselves in their clothing (what they call "modest dress"). They all watch the same TV news channel, kind of like many Muslims watch Al Jazeera, and seem to all have the exact same arguments one might see on that news channel. I wish we could all be as honest about our cultural problems as the UK.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

I don't think the problem is the message, or at least the original message intended, of such groups and people.

The message I see is that "us" and "them" don't mix, and cant co-exist in the same societies.
And that is what we are witnessing in western countries. "Them" being the muslims and what not, by and large do not integrate and have no desire to integrate into our western societies.
Of course there are some examples of the opposite, but the majority are just as described above. And it's a fact that can not be denied unless you are seriously delusional(not calling you delusional).

But what I think is the problem is the way in which they choose to deliver the message, and that the message gets muddled up with all sorts of unnecessary rhetoric.

The majority of people imho would support an end or at least a slowing down of migration from Muslim countries, India etc. IF such hate and extremist groups weren't out there advocating the same or similar things, which turns people away in fear of being branded racist bigots and what not.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yes, and I forgot to mention that part, I too have been called all sorts of names that differentiates a non-conforming to evil person, such names as "Geek, Nerd, and other". They call me Geek because I wont dress the same way as they. They call me a Nerd because I refuse to act and speak the same way as they do. This is very stupid, these class of people expects every one to act like they do, and any other way of acting is like violating the law under their eyes.

I haven't yet moved to a suburban or found a group of like minded people around my neighborhood, I still live within the city and living here is not that great when you have values like mines.

Sometimes I spend times day dreaming of me living in a place all by my self with no people around me miles in radius, with a huge amount of acres with greens and fruits planted at my service. Or at the very most, the same but with like 100 to 200 people that shares my view living together in a small neighborhood but then after this, no other people to be found by hundreds of miles in radius to our point of residence. in such as dream, I would be living in complete peace and harmony, free from danger and harms, zero possibility of a gangster reaching you (as they would rather stay where they are, in the city -- these people dont like to travel too much and for very long distances, remember they are very lazy people).

And there aren't many places to go, things to do in the UK that avoids these things and the pressure on children to conform is apparent from pre-school.

If we live in the city Our children's chances of getting conformed to negativity is very high. We have a bunch of influences attaching our children, and here I will name a few:
*Television. Possible resolution: not purchasing a TV.
*Your nearest family member/relative who has conformed to the system feels its a great ideal to "toughen up" your kid with his/her street like "values" to start acting like a ghetto from small age. Possible resolution: make sure that your kid don't have any influence/contact with this person, or at the very least, have a serious conversation with this relative in not contributing to the corruption of your kid and how you expect this relative to behave when he or she is visiting you.
*The neighborhood group of kids who are so entrenched into whats known as "today's music" and call them selves the "modernized youths, etc" can pose a serious risk to your kid in getting diverted in the wrong direction that you have been fighting so much till this day. Possible resolution: Well, this is a tough one, specially if you live in the city and in big apartment complex buildings/projects, and specially if your neighbors are blasting their rap music so much that it feels like if YOUR are putting that music in your own house, your kid will be able to understand that music words by words. Not only that, you risk getting your kid labeled with terms like "Geek and Nerd" and presurized to ignore you (the parent) and go their way, or risk getting hurt or suffering other dire consequences as a direct result of your kid not lowering his standards to act and dress the same way they do. I think that if you share my views and wish to have a kid, your best bet is to move to a nicer neighborhood, where such influence you are trying your kid not to see is not existent, this may be very hard to achieve, as this will be a fight between you, and the majority of people, but there HAS to be a place you can go and I believe its not 100% that is corrupted.
*your kids teacher/pre-teacher feels that is a great idea to start teaching your kid about all kids of "cultures" out there in your kid's teacher point of view. Therefore, she starts with introduction to rap music and how "beautiful" this culture is as it enables every one from all walks of life and all ethnic background to integrate and socialize as in one group, so do that teacher thinks! Imagine this, you at home trying to avoid rap influence as much as possible for your kid, so that your kids TEACHER does the opposite as you are doing. Possible solution: home school your kid, and if your country does not allow home schooling, then consider moving to another country where it does BEFORE your kid is born, or before having relations with your partner with the intentions of having a kid.
*Your kid's classmates. Yes, we all have seen this, where your kid's classmates peer-pressures your kid into doing something that is not right according to our high standards of critical thinking. Possible solution: well, it could be a matter of deciding WHERE your kids goes to school. Also, you can home school your kid, would be an ideal solution.
*Your local church/religion institutions. Yes, we see this all the time. You are walking down the streets and suddenly you see a wacko shouting with microphone and a large speaker connected to a 200W receiver at 100% of its volume, why such and such religion is a good idea to follow, and how you are doing to get damned in eternal hell if you dont follow them. The last thing you want is for a "slave" of such a religion to tell your kid, specially if your kid is at an age where he/she can understand, why its a good idea to follow their religion. You dont want that kind of influence. Possible solution: At early age, talk to your kid about what you believe and why. you want your kid to be as knowledgable about the truth as possible such as you, you may want to warn him/her about deceivers in the world and not to fall for their traps of spiritual enslavement and spiritual suppression. Teach your kid to meditate, and to get to know his spiritual guide. If your kid happens to have some type of psychic abilities, support him, and dont discourage him/her from practicing what ever spiritual abilities your kid may have (be it out of body travel/astral projection/ability to see spirits/spiritual friends, etc).

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by Haydn_17

Since when does "Multiculturalism" = "Islamic Extremism?"

This issue really isn't as black and white as you would like it to be and your attitude regarding the topic leaves a lot to be desired.

Exactly... Obviously multi culturalism doesn't occur in a situation where a particular subset of a group doesn't accept other cultures rights to exist and be seen as valid. This is just as much a problem with Islamic Extremists in the UK as it is with Christian Extremists in the US.

I do however support any act or law which requires of it's citizens to endeavor to protect the liberties of all people. This is the only principle required to be adopted to live in a democracy.

If a subset of a culture cannot abide by that, then that subset should be removed via law enforcement.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

So, Britain will join Germany in embracing fascism once again?

This rejection of multi-culturalism will eventually lead to a fascist state. What exactly are "British values"?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Okay, that's fair enough. But let's be honest----it's really not the "non-integration" part that bothers us so much, at least here in the US. There are many groups of people here that never fully integrate with "American" society, such as the Amish and Mennonite, Orthodox Jews, ethnic minority groups from various countries around the world (legal, not illegal immigrants) that tend to live, shop and work in "____ Towns" such as "China Town" or "Little Havana" or whatnot and retain most of their cultural practices, some Mormons, fundamentalist Christians, some Native American reservations, etc. We hardly give them a second thought because they're not affecting us in any way, so their lack of cultural assimilation is not a worry to us.

But really, most of us have never been affected by fundamentalist/extremist Muslims, either. People scramble to trace their connection to someone who died on 9/11 or whatnot when these discussions come up, but really, very very few of us in the US have ever even had an encounter with an extremist Muslim, let alone been in direct danger because of one. So why is it that we're all so whipped up about the supposed "threat of extremist Islam"? Because it sells. Plain and simple. The "Muslim Fear" is no different than the "Communist Fear" or the "Japanese Fear" or any other in a long list of American hysteria. It used to sell newspapers (LOL) and now it sells ads on cable news and talk radio.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepoProject

Yes,British Values. Ask Scotland and Ireland how that is going. Victory would be living in harmony. I dont see Britain winning anything.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I am for freedom,without oppression. I can care less,if your green, brown, or red. I deny Ignorance. Hate is Ignorance. I don't see millions of Britons marching to the failure of Multiculturalism,I see a bunch of people on ATS,justifying some huge victory,at the cost of their own freedoms. I find it sad.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by BLV12

But really, most of us have never been affected by fundamentalist/extremist Muslims, either. People scramble to trace their connection to someone who died on 9/11 or whatnot when these discussions come up, but really, very very few of us in the US have ever even had an encounter with an extremist Muslim, let alone been in direct danger because of one. So why is it that we're all so whipped up about the supposed "threat of extremist Islam"? Because it sells. Plain and simple. The "Muslim Fear" is no different than the "Communist Fear" or the "Japanese Fear" or any other in a long list of American hysteria. It used to sell newspapers (LOL) and now it sells ads on cable news and talk radio.

In America yes... because your government has to sell the war against terror to the people, and what better way to do it than propaganda?
In Europe, our governments are selling us the idea of multiculture and mass immigration in the same way.

I'm tired of americans that know nothing about the european situation claiming that our opinions are hysterical fearmongering reactions to Fox news propaganda, guess what.. we don't watch Fox around here and almost NONE of us believe in the war on terror.

We aren't made to fear muslims, we're conditioned to accept multiculture and label anything that deviates from that as racist.

While it's all a big media induced joke to you, it's our culture and our countries at stake for us.

AGAIN:

These sentiments aren't pushed by the media at all.
They're denied, ridiculed and viciously attacked by the media and the government.

All it does is fan the flame, which is probably one of the objectives of these suicidal policies.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
No one in this world is going to get anywhere until they realize that there is only one race. The human race. Otherwise all this bickering is meaningless, and it is sad that we have to resort to this.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Islam is in the unfortunate position of being the latest of the religions to support conversion by the sword. Do we, as Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, etc., have the right to tell them that they cannot subvert and exterminate the cultures around them, simply because we in our cultures have ceased, for the most part in doing so?

Of course we have that right and they have the right to disregard our instructions. That's where we are in the world. It would be foolish to think otherwise. This British initiative and other French initiatives simply recognize the facts. It would be foolish not to, as is done in the foolish country where I live.

Canadians hope that an atmosphere of tolerance will breed tolerance among the intolerant. Maybe it will. If the culture that prosecuted the Inquisition can evolve to tolerance, why not?

It's still a gamble.
edit on 6-2-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadaMaster

we are in an area which looks nice, suburban, mostly higher end housing, surrounded by countryside, generally the best schools in the area...though there are the school disco's, kids being given food colouring in foods as 'treats' / experiments, political agendas in the general education system, influence from other kids etc.

It's a balancing act and we find the best way is educating about media and how most of the popular culture isn't nice or healthy and it makes for happier children, generally with a better view on things.

There are some commune type communities in the UK but none so far that have enticed, they all tend to be rainbow sweater, grow your own, forest type new agers, teepees, or gypsy style ensembles.

None of these are really our thing, we like science and technology, art and design, travel and good food, and then there's the money thing, most people are in or near metropolis areas for proximity to work. Whilst I have, for many years, contemplated self sufficiency with commercial artwork, giving me the means to live somewhere remote, I would prefer the utopian idea, like you mentioned, of a similar group, rather than being totally isolated.

Perhaps a like minded island community is where it's at but I have yet to find my spiritual home where I feel I truly belong.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

But isnt Briton INVOLVED in the "war of terror"? Didnt Briton buy into it,along time ago? Why cant Briton have dialog with those very people they cant or wont embrace? Is the answer,"we gave them a chance,its not working", all you got ? Let the kettle boil over,and now try to clean a mess?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join