It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory in Britain!! Prime Minister says multiculturalism has failed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+118 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
British Muslims must subscribe to mainstream values of freedom and equality, David Cameron will say as he declares that the doctrine of multiculturalism has “failed” and will be abandoned.

To be British is to believe in freedom of speech and religion, democracy and equal rights regardless of race, sex or sexuality, he will say. Proclaiming a doctrine of “muscular liberalism”, he will say that everyone, from ministers to ordinary voters, should actively confront those who hold extremist views.

I like this part

He will also warn that groups that fail to promote British values will no longer receive public money or be able to engage with the state.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The Prime Minister has identified segregation and separatism as key issues behind the threat of Islamic extremism and called for a “shared national identity”.

www.number10.gov.uk...

---

To all the members who called me and my fellow friends on ATS Racist, Bigot, Fascist, Ignorant, i now laugh in your face

Even the Prime Minister has recgonised the threat of Islamic Extremism in the UK.

Come on you lefties, where are you?

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
YES!

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Don't be completely inane, my good sir.

Multiculturalism is not the issue. Its the fact that a majority of the asian population segregates themselves from the normal society. Multiculturalism is about blending of culture and peoples. Living within close proximity to one another and segregating oneself from other groups is not multiculturalism.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
why would you be called a racist or a bigot? also Canada is way ahead of the rest of the world I see...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

This is the issue he is also addressing, he is going to force integration into British Values, and Muslim Hate groups will no longer be able to hold there demonstrations or will they be funded.

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Multiculturalism doesn't work and you applaud that? What did you win? Are you silly?!

+26 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun
why would you be called a racist or a bigot? also Canada is way ahead of the rest of the world I see...

Because i've always opposed Islamic Extremism.

There are plenty of members on ATS who can't understand Islam isn't a race.

They just can't get it out of there heads that opposing islam isnt facist or racist.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Geeez, not this old burp again.

I stick to my case and keep the "bigot racist" banner high.

"British values"- I think he talks about "wester values". Like, ideas of human rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc. Basic ideological patterns that has emerged in our western way of life since the ancient Greeks.
Why he chose to call it "Brtitish values" is not clear, but since the speech was held for the British public, it might not be such a big mystery.

"Shared national identity"- that means you should all share. It goes both ways. Otherwise you'll be no better than the pesky French!

He even uses the word segregation, in other words: something that is promoted in threads like this.

So, no, there is no "victory", at least not for you Haydn, not this time.
Taking quotes out of context is an old trick, doesn't work well at ATS.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Can you please quote where he said 'failed', I can't find it right now.

Also I'm not sure what your laughing at here, who or what or why, and what's the victory?
edit on 5-2-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Muslims in the UK don't live with other Britons, they set up areas which are only Muslim areas, they won't buy from white british business owners, they don't vote in elections, they even go as far as setting up there own law system (sharia)

This is the issue.

If you want to live in the UK, live with other British people, vote in our elections, promote British Values!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Don't be completely inane, my good sir.

Multiculturalism is not the issue. Its the fact that a majority of the asian population segregates themselves from the normal society. Multiculturalism is about blending of culture and peoples. Living within close proximity to one another and segregating oneself from other groups is not multiculturalism.

You just contradicted itself. Multiculturalism IS the issue in that multiculturalism failed - largely because of self imposed segregation. I would like to take those who think we live in a happy clappy 'multicultural' la la land round certain cities/areas of the UK. A guided tour, be my guest
. I might start with the horrific example of Bradford but there is plenty to go at.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Muslims in the UK don't live with other Britons, they set up areas which are only Muslim areas, they won't buy from white british business owners, they don't vote in elections, they even go as far as setting up there own law system (sharia)

This is the issue.

The truth is only 'some' muslims do what you say, like only 'some' black people do the same, and even 'some' white people.

I see plenty of Muslims in ASDA and Sainburys lol, I'm not sure where your going here, but there are all kinds of Muslims in this country. Not one is the same as the other, just like with anything else.

If you want to live in the UK, live with other British people, vote in our elections, promote British Values!

Plenty if not most Muslims do this. I think the word 'some' is important when your talking about this subject, it really helps make your points more believable, instead of obviously invalid. Seriously.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
To be honest I dont like the sound of this. He sounds like a new hitler in the making.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Since when does "Multiculturalism" = "Islamic Extremism?"

This issue really isn't as black and white as you would like it to be and your attitude regarding the topic leaves a lot to be desired.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Can you please quote where he said 'failed', I can't find it right now.

Also I'm not sure what your laughing at here, who or what or why, and what's the victory?

David Cameron has declared that multiculturalism had failed in the UK as he called for a "muscular liberalism" that challenges Islamist extremism more forcefully.

www.google.com...

And it's a victory against

Not sure how you missed it

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8

Since when does "Multiculturalism" = "Islamic Extremism?"

This issue really isn't as black and white as you would like it to be and your attitude regarding the topic leaves a lot to be desired.

Its the main subject of all the news articles.

Its from the words of the Primeminister himself, not me.

Read the links i provide and you will see.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Might this be because some people tend to shun muslim citizens? Like in your OP; segregation. Looked that word up yet?
Or maybe all the muslims were forcefully relocated to the UK at some point?
Personally, I think they came in hope for a better palce than their (often) wartorn homelands just to find a cold and hostile society in which they now can't find unity. This might be why they turn to themselves. I bet my left testicle you'd do the same if hell broke lose in the UK and you fled to, let's say Saudi Arabia.
Totally natural human behaviour, like it or not. That is why the term segregation is used. Your government wants to prevent that.
You got it all backwards, mister.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
"If we are to defeat this threat, I believe it's time to turn the page on the failed policies of the past," he told the conference during a panel discussion attended by German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

It was Cameron's first major speech on Islamist extremism, an issue of major concern for British governments ever since four home-grown suicide bombers attacked the London transport system in 2005, killing 52 people.

-------

Sounds a lot like he is talking about Islamic Extremism to me.

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Not sure how you missed it

Sorry I read the whole thing, I didn't notice it was under the title haha.

But still I feel that quote "Multiculturalism has failed" from the telegraph is a little out of context and doesn't really show what the prime minister is really trying to say.

It sound like something to get a reaction out of people, it means that people of different cultures can't get along, when obviously most can, it's FAR from a failure. If you come to London you can see that.

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What????? People are getting mad that Muslims cannot practice hate groups in Britain? Is this what I read? Who in the right mind is siding with the allowance of Muslim extremest demonstrating hate within the boarders of other nations??

If anyone is calling this act racists, or bigotry then I have no idea what your idea of a perfect multicultural nation would be. Oh wait it's called Canada, and Muslim's aren't allowed to be terrorist here either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join