It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spray on skin gun heals wounds in days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Why don't they ever show the same parts of his body pre and post treatment?

They show his disfigured right hand, and then you never see it post op - only the shoulder and face (which, we never saw PRE-op).

I lke the technology. They need a better (clearer) promotion.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
really cool now I dont have to be careful around fire!!

heres a link for people (like me) who couldnt watch the youtube one.

video link

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

That's not his hand. If you listen to the narrator, he says very clearly that it is an example of a second degree burn.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Thats an amazing piece of technology, I'd love to see it made portable and able to run off this, you could be the ultimate handyman.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

That's not his hand. If you listen to the narrator, he says very clearly that it is an example of a second degree burn.

Okay. Even worse. We have no benchmark for measuring the success of this procedure, 'cause they haven't provided enough data points. If this is as remarkable as they are purporting, then show the evidence in definitive, quantifiable terms (consensus on visual observation), not this whole bait-n-switch nonsense.

To clarify: the simplist and most authentic method for corroborating the claims of this procedure, show me a test subject pre injury (if possible), post injury, post procedure - pretty easy.

Very interesting and beneficial technology, if legit. Not 'earth-shattering' status, yet.

edit on 2/5/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Holy CRAP!!!
Are we living in the future or what????
Exuse me while I park the Delorian!..........................................

I'm back! It seems like just yesterday we were all playing pong, now Doctors are Spraying Burn victims with their own stem cells and healing them in days from a second degree burn.

"yeah, boss, Uhhmmm, I'm not gonna be able to make it in for a few days. See I was in a car fire this weekend and suffered
second degree burns to 90 percent of my body. I should be in by Friday though. Hold my calls.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Squirrel, keep in mind that the video was a pop-science piece for the Discovery channel, not a proof-of-concept video/paper for the medical community.

Do you honestly think anyone would watch the show if it provided statistical analysis, data from animal trials, covariate exclusions, and so on?

Stop being so pessimistic and do the research yourself, rather than poo-pooing a neat video about an experimental technology.
edit on 2/5/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wow... just wow.... Something like this.... I guess it is still in the experimental stages... But wow... I hope they hurry up and get this thing out there... This will revolutionize the burn ward at hospitals!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Great thread OP I had not heard of this treatment. It makes complete sense. I like that the Austrailian Dr. had heard of it and tried it herself. Treament of burns had no where to go but up really. S&F

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Sound a lot like the gun from that crappy movie Repo Men with Jude Law. It is interesting looks like they have upgraded Liquid skin to heal faster, and make use with a gun device. I like the concept anyways.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I hope this doesn't hijack the thread, but there actually already is an easy cure for cancer...and HIV, and it's ben around for quite some time. "Unfortunately" it's a very cheap process, so interest has been minimal from the capitalists. Pretty f'ed up if you ask me. Check this thread and links for more info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.thenhf.com...
www.thenhf.com...

On another note, that skin gun is friggin amazing!...which means it also will probably not get much attention...sigh

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is friggin awesome - FINALLY - some medical developments that are actually going to HEAL people instead of just putting them on never ending courses of treatment and medication

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The best thing about successful adult stem cell medical procedures such as this is they use very little to no taxpayer dollars to develop, unlike fetal stem cell experimentation which seems to like to produce tumors in recipients whenever they're used, and therefore not many volunteers for experimentation.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow people don't seem to be getting how amazing this is, they just see another conspiracy. Bet the would be more impressed if they had a face full of fire.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
reply to post by WeRpeons

I hope this doesn't hijack the thread, but there actually already is an easy cure for cancer...and HIV, and it's ben around for quite some time. "Unfortunately" it's a very cheap process, so interest has been minimal from the capitalists. Pretty f'ed up if you ask me. Check this thread and links for more info.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.thenhf.com...
www.thenhf.com...

On another note, that skin gun is friggin amazing!...which means it also will probably not get much attention...sigh

Nice threads... Hijack away. The more we can spread the info the better in my book. I equate medical advancement and history in the same boat. We have people in both professions who are so set in their ways that anything new that comes about that challenges the status quo is dismissed or written of as quackery.

I am curious what else this discovery can do. I know other people have posted links to others articles talking about the burn stuff. Regenerative medicine is quickly taking over in the medical field and with results like the skin gun I think the sickbays of Startrek are not to far off.

I saw a program where a college class was given an assignment to develop something that can be used in countries that lack modern infrastructure (consistent power, refridgeration etc). These 2 girls were playing around with the plastic salad spinner thing and modified it to seperate blood. Its hand powered so it can be used in the field. I thought it was pretty cool the way it came about and the effects its going ot have.

Here is another video on cell regeneration dealing with issues other than burns.

www.noob.us...

edit on 6-2-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa

Squirrel, keep in mind that the video was a pop-science piece for the Discovery channel, not a proof-of-concept video/paper for the medical community.

Do you honestly think anyone would watch the show if it provided statistical analysis, data from animal trials, covariate exclusions, and so on?

Stop being so pessimistic and do the research yourself, rather than poo-pooing a neat video about an experimental technology.
edit on 2/5/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

The entire segment will air this monday February 7th. I would assume that, as mentioned above here, they will go into more detail with photos and what not. I know there is a lot of snake oil salesmen out there, but I have never seen National Geographics be a shill for them.

I think in the long run we should be optomistic about stuff like this. With everthing thats been going on in the world, its nice to have something positive we can all look forward to.

If anything, to me at least, its a small glimmer of hope that the human drive for exploration and continual improvement is still around.

National Geographics

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Holy CRAP!!!

I'm back! It seems like just yesterday we were all playing pong, now Doctors are Spraying Burn victims with their own stem cells and healing them in days from a second degree burn.

"yeah, boss, Uhhmmm, I'm not gonna be able to make it in for a few days. See I was in a car fire this weekend and suffered
second degree burns to 90 percent of my body. I should be in by Friday though. Hold my calls.

Nah the future is when they heal instantly

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by Screwed
Holy CRAP!!!

Nah the future is when they heal instantly

Its on the To Do list for scientists

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
it is amazing ,i hope it can be used broadly.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Monday, February 14th 2011 @ 5pm

The National Geographic Show Explorer: How to build a beating heart airs. The show deals with the advances of regenerative medicine, and the story of the skin gun will be covered, which should show the before and after images of the Officer the 3 minute tease talked about.

channel.nationalgeographic.com...-Videos/09347_00

Once it airs I will check around on youtube and what not to see if the full video is available to those inside and outside the US and will post it in here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join