It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we experiencing the begin of a New Ice Age?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Its Winter hold your iceage threads till March/April

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ice age?

AUSTRALIA'S biggest city resembled a ghost town yesterday as the mercury hit a near record 42C. The scorching heat forced the city's four million residents indoors, leaving parks, playgrounds, the harbour, beaches and even public pools sparsely populated on the hottest day so far this summer.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au...

Timaru has broken the record for its hottest day ever, with the temperature hitting a scorching 40.3 degrees shortly before 4pm.

The extreme heat is connected to the same heatwave that saw Sydney climb to 42 degrees yesterday and then record the hottest night ever, according to WeatherWatch.co.nz.

www.nzherald.co.nz...

(yeah, I know it's only weather, and it's summer down there, but nonetheless..... And with Britain and much of NW Europe also experiencing unusually warm temps, I'm seriously wondering where the ice is? )

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Well, what I got from that information is that the climate is cyclical. There are mini cycles and larger cycles.

I was not attempting to prove an ice age is coming.

See, there is no way to shutdown a star, which is what drives the cycles.

By the way, all the hooey about warming, change, disruption has NOT even gone beyond the supposition phase of a hypothesis. There is not even a THEORY but the governments want to institute a catastrophic economic decision. Hmmm, well ain't that just typical.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Well, what I got from that information is that the climate is cyclical. There are mini cycles and larger cycles.

I was not attempting to prove an ice age is coming.

See, there is no way to shutdown a star, which is what drives the cycles.

By the way, all the hooey about warming, change, disruption has NOT even gone beyond the supposition phase of a hypothesis. There is not even a THEORY but the governments want to institute a catastrophic economic decision. Hmmm, well ain't that just typical.

You've not done much research into this, have you? There is paper upon paper providing reasons why and proofs for global warming. The one I linked in this thread about glaciers is one of a great many.
edit on 7-2-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

It doesn't happen very often, but it occasionally happens. Last year, we managed to have at least a dusting in all 50 states.

It may not be man made, but there are cycles in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join