It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we experiencing the begin of a New Ice Age?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Arken,.
Dont you think asking this question when the world is in winter this time of year
Every year,.. is like saying, Are we experiencing the begining of global warming in the middle of summer?
and it is 100 degrees in most southern states?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Drummerboy took the words right out of my mouth.

Ice age? Seriously?

Dude it is W I N T E R.

Stop trying to get the kiddies in an uproar.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
For February, Saskatchewan should be colder. The temperatures have hovered around zero celcius (32 F) , for about 3 days now. We're in meltdown mode. Considering we don't have frost free nights until the end of May, last year was the end of June, it should be about -15 to -20 celcius at this time of year.

I want my winter back! I want my snow re-frozen!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think that the whole supercooling affect where all going through has got something to do with the amount of posittive ions hitting the planet,If there is a increase the geomagnetisphere can`t cope and supercools the upper atmosphere,bit like how hail allways appears during a thunderstorm think about it,if the sun or milky way bombards us with more positive ions it stands to reason the water in the upper atmosphere will freeze.
I read a article where scientists had done just that,by inducing more positive ions into a boiling jar of water,the water froze.Water is very malliuable and the answer as to why theres so much freezing is as stated.
Don`t know if it means we are going to have a iceage,though

heres the evidence.www.sott.net...

When pyroelectic surfaces are positively charged, water becomes easier to freeze, and when they have a negative charge, it becomes harder to freeze

What i will tell you is that it is cosmic related and geomagnetic,technically we are closest to the sun so I would`nt worry,when we are furthest from the sun ,july and its still cool then I would worry .Good point though every january the cooling will happen,helping the polar region for a time.Back to the good ole days.Suns boinging already,plenty of positive photons hence early sunrise in northern hemisphere,time to wake up all,
edit on 5-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jophiel

Jopiel, I responded re; weather in az. also ,got your reply but, we were on the alex jones myster caller thread, any updates? Is any one sure what the hell is going on ? Be it haaarp, govt experiments, what is up??

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i dont know about ice age .. but when i show that pic to my frends who are in nepal,they says pic is wrong..there is no snow covered in nepal like shown in picture.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Weather and climate are two different things. Ice ages don't occur overnight nor does the global warming fiasco they are pushing. Back in the seventies the same scientists pushing global warming now were the ones howling about an ice age coming. Even if it were theres nothing we can do about it unless the government forces everybody to drive SUV's and use incandescent bulbs and use coal plants for energy using their logic to stop warming in the opposite. If its cold out put on a jacket. Warm out enjoy the weather.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

Its actually good to see a return of a normal cycle,the planets fighting back,maybe give us all more oxygen from h2o release..Breathe in as it melts ,all that trapped oxygen...wow,what a feeling.Afterall thats where all the water came from,electrothermodynamic conduction.
edit on 5-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Don't worry. Even if we are, global warming will protect us.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Back in the seventies the same scientists pushing global warming now were the ones howling about an ice age coming.

Actually, back in the seventies most scientists were 'pushing' global warming due to CO2 - those howling about an ice age were mostly the same ones howling about an ice age today. I guess some folk never give up ......

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
If their is an ice age coming, it certainly does not seem like it here in Alberta... Although the snow accumulation is higher than it has been over the last few years, the weather has been unseasonably warm... Especially this January where we have been hitting the positives for several days and seeing rain rather than snow.

Although the speculators who cry "Geomagnetic Pole Reversal" or "Pole Shift" have said that the Canadian prairies will end up closer to the equator after the shift, so that might explain the warmer weather.

IMO, there will be no physical shift of the earths mantel if some form of "shift" is occurring right now. I lean more towards the strange weather is due to the weakened magnetic field and the solar maximum... Its probably a cyclical thing but we don't have enough documentation from history to prove this...

Final Note: Global Warming due to our carbon usage is BS. Global warming due to solar irradience seems more likely... Sun has been looking alot brighter to me over the last few years...

edit on 5/2/2011 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
So is a ice age such a bad thing ??
I will just make a fire and grill some meat now

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I personally don't think it's an ice age. I know the weather has been a little more intense lately and I believe SOMETHING is going on but it has been severe before. Also, another thing to add..it's WINTER lol Give it a few more months and it will be hot again which will then be hyped to global warming.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

If you call Ice Age whenever there's a long period of snowing, then you'll call Armageddon for anything else...don't get your hopes up.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshint
maybe?, I have seen that image on the other thread before.

Yes you are right, that will be my thread

There is a link to it in my signature line.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I haven't seen any snow since December, you know, since the last time people were yelling "ice age!!!" because it was snowing.

It's 10°C right now in northern Germany, and raining. In February.

However I won't say that's an argument for global warming, because unlike others, I don't confuse weather with climate.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I don't know about the rest of the country and world for that matter but up here on the shores of Lake Erie in Ohio this winter is nothing out of the ordinary but we get more snowfall than anywhere else in the country so maybe I'm just used to it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Here is a pic of the last glacial maximum.

www.scotese.com...

Your pic looks much worse actually. I have heard it would only take 10yrs.

www.prisonplanet.com...

But this UK news, not sure how reliable says forget 10years it will take only 6 months.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

If the snow doesn't melt, Then yep it will happen.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
I personally don't think it's an ice age. I know the weather has been a little more intense lately and I believe SOMETHING is going on but it has been severe before. Also, another thing to add..it's WINTER lol Give it a few more months and it will be hot again which will then be hyped to global warming.

It's Official: 2010 Deadliest Year In A Generation: Meteorologists
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And 2011 is already shaping up to be as deadly. Put on your boots.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans
Back in the seventies the same scientists pushing global warming now were the ones howling about an ice age coming.

Actually, back in the seventies most scientists were 'pushing' global warming due to CO2 - those howling about an ice age were mostly the same ones howling about an ice age today. I guess some folk never give up ......

I tend to think that the scientists 'howling' about the onset of global cooling today are people who just don't like following popular belief. Anyway, the people who thought that we were headed for an ice age in the 70's were mostly not members of the scientific community. Pre-1970's, it was believed that small changes in the amount of penetrating sunlight could trigger the onset of a new ice-age. They had reason to believe that the greenhouse affect was being augmented greatly by increased CO2 concentrations, but also believed that this was being countered by low lying clouds generateed as a result of dust, smog, contrails, etc. Essentially, they didn't know where the climate was headed. At this time though, the public weren't to aware of the consequences of climate change.

In the early 1970's, the National Science board released a few documents relating to climate change, but they still weren't entirely sure if we were headed for a period of global cooling or one of warming. By this stage, the former actually had a mixed following within the scientific community and a rather more significant one amongst the general public - though the latter was mostly due to misrepresentations of scientific data in the press. A lot of the speculations were a result of steadily deceasing global temperatures from the 1945 to the 1970's. However, by the time this trend was placed in view of the public eye (in about 1970), temperatures had ceased to decrease and the role of CO2 as a greenhouse gas was begining to become more recognised. Fast forward a few decades, and here we are. We have a much more complete knowledge of climate change, etc. than we did then. You have to remember as well that it wasn't until the 1970's that records of global temperatures were being compiled. It should also be noted that, even despite the lack of understanding of climate change and being on the back of a 25 year decrease in temperatures, scientists still knew that such trends were not reason enough to make predictions on global warming/cooling, etc. The fact is that these trends were quite poorly understood and no one thenn really knew what brought them about, which is what gave rise to much of the conflicting opinions of the time.

Also, the notion that interglacial periods such as the one we are currently in have only lasted 10,000 years is a falicy. Current calculations show that the present interglacial cycle would have lasted tens of thousands of years, even without human perturbation. Some scientists believe that the increasing presence of CO2 in our atmosphere will even be enough to completely supress the next ice-age completely, although I don't think this a popularly held belief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join