It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we experiencing the begin of a New Ice Age?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The shocking image below seems that come from a far, far past, but is not! It's today! Right Now! The image was released by the National Oceanic And Atmospheric Association (NOAA) and the map was created using multiple satellites from government agencies and the US Air Force. And seems, from news reports that It is the first time we have ever had Snow in and on the ground currently in 49 states in the U.S.A.

Souce: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The shroud of white stretches down from Alaska and sweeps through the Midwest and along to the Eastern seaboard. The bitter cold has reached as far as Texas and northern Mexico where in Ciudad Juarez temperatures today were expected to dip to minus 15C.This particular storm is the result from two clashing air masses which, if not unprecedented, is extraordinarily rare for its size and ferocious strength.
'A storm that produces a swath of 20in snow is really something we'd see once every 50 years - maybe,' said a U.S. National Weather Service meteorologist.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
maybe?, I have seen that image on the other thread before.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
star and flag , and with what i am going threw here in new mexico , it sure feels like
a ice age is coming.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

From the picture it looks like it, but hey what about global warming man? and carbon footprint? and like ice bergs melting?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I live in Chicago and I certainly feel like it is. I have 4 feet of snow out side my door. Snow is covering everything here. And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't having large expanses of area covered by ice produce further cooling do to more light being reflected back into space?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Also I went adventuring in the storm it took a hour for me and my friend to walk around the block and I just kept thinking it was like being in the arctic it was actually pretty fun. I just hope that your wrong and this doesnt become a common occurrence.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

yep, northern hemisphere is snowing, here in australia it's supposed to be summer but the temperature is real mild and the whole country is raining. ice age coming? maybe mate, maybe!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the2people

I don't know what part of Australia you are from mate but here in Sydney we have been having 40+ Deg C. temps for a week now. In fact its 9.11pm here and its still 35+ Deg. C.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Reminds me of BF 2142. Next stop world war over the remaining land!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
the number one effect that makes a storm stronger is warmer water, so I wouldn't say ice age just yet. I'd watch how this summer pans out first.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
One thing to keep in mind is that some places have been in a cyclical drought. For instance, where I live, we have just finished a 10 year drought cycle, it was dry and hot and unseasonably so during the cooler months.

I do firmly believe that some people have preyed upon younger people that have not experienced a long term of weather cycles, and preying on older peoples' loass of memory. I think a lot of the "global warming" bunk can firmly be attributed to this.

If each of you, individually really wants some answers, don't look globally. Look at your area where you live, and go back as far as the records go, and *see* if there is a pattern. Find out if you have drought cycles, and you will notice that years of very cold weather happen immediately after a severe drought cycle ends.

Think for yourself and do your own research. Most of the information is readilly available on the web.

For instance, not only do we have a 10 year drought cycle where I live, but we have 2, 4, 6, and 7 year drought cycles, and yes, they even overlap sometimes. When we enter into a drought cycle, they know immediately which one we are usually in. I have even heard of 100 year drought cycles.

One thing I can tell you is, we are small potatoes compared to Mother Nature. We are simply along for the ride, and for people that think that we have any huge effect on weather, I have a volcano or three to sell you.

Common sense says if a volcano emits as much Co2 as we produce in 100 years in one eruption, are we really *that* important?

Or, have many of us just been being played?

Think on it.

edit on 5-2-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Great Post !! The simple fact of the matter is... What ever is going on with the weather and planet is totally weird !! As we progress further into the solar maximum cycle im sure it will further get even more strange. Hello pole shift good bye normal life.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of the Medieval Warm Period and then the Little Ice Age (which by the way wasnt a ice age) that occured after that? I believe this is just a natural occurence.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5-2-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by LetsBringIt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by the2people
reply to post by Arken

yep, northern hemisphere is snowing, here in australia it's supposed to be summer but the temperature is real mild and the whole country is raining. ice age coming? maybe mate, maybe!

Sorry bud, but in South-East QLD It's most certainly not raining, it's been so sunny & Incredibly hot the last 5 days or so - expecting a massive electricity bill with the air-con running non-stop - and I have a friend in Sydney who has said it has reached, 44, 40 & 42 the last three days with hot winds, but no rain. It's been so humid in here, my asthma is really bad, and it only acts up when it's extremely humid.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Probably should have read your reply before bothering to post mine!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Last winter, they had a snow cover map of the US, the snow was even down into Mexico.

Do you remember the satellite photo of England?

It is not another Ice Age according to Gore, it is Global Climate Disruption.

Heat, cold, rain, sleat, hurricanes, no hurricanes, rocks, horses, little tiny rocks all PROVE Global Climate Disruption. Do not believe me? Ask me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
i think somethings is happening, so many things have happened in just the month of january!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
map is decieving it is not from one time period, but several overlayers from different sources..

kx

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
If that image were taken in July then the OP might have a point. As it is, the fact that places that normally get snow cover in winter have snow cover in winter, and some places that normally have snow cover in winter have not, at the present time, got snow cover, means, er, well, it's a normal N Hemisphere winter.

As for a new ice age, well, the Neoglacial began 4-5,000 years ago so I suppose in one sense we are at the beginning of a new ice age, but with aphelion occurring in the N Hemisphere summer, and eccentricity currently very slight, axial tilt alone isn't going to be enough to see a repeat of the conditions of the past 100,000 years. All we're expecting this time, at worst, is a few thousand more years of (on average) cooler summers at higher latitude and maybe some slight glacial advance in places like the Rockies and the Alps. Unless of course AGW is real ....

edit on 5-2-2011 by Essan because: typo

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Have you checked the water temps lately,up around 27C.Three down, three to go .SC is next

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join