It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government Is Cornering The Market On Our Necessities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
While reading through the headlines I came across this.

Loosen purse strings, U.S. tells BP spill claims czar

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I started thinking. This is not the first or second time I have heard a headline similar to this. Is it possible that the government wants BP to go bankrupt so they can then bail them out? If we take out a loan for a vehicle or a house and default on our payment terms what happens?

That's right!

When you buy a car, truck, or other vehicle on credit, you should be aware that, until you have made the last payment, your creditor retains important rights in the vehicle. These rights are established by the contract you signed and by the law of your state. Your failure to make timely payments on the vehicle carries serious consequences. Your creditor will then have the right to "repossess" -- take back -- your car without going to court or, in many states, without warning you in advance.

www.lectlaw.com...

You will be walking to your job. You no longer have a say about that property.

If BP goes bankrupt and we bail them out the government has the right to their assets. Now I think BP does need to pay for their negligence, that is not what I am debating. If the government takes over BP they will have controlover the oil while still having control over other oil regulations and imported oil from other companies. They can then set the price, and regulate it to the point to where we are only allowed to use their oil.

And unless we live in the forest or a cave we are dependant upon oil one way or the other.

Here is a list of companies the government bailed out:

money.cnn.com...

This list is massive IMHO. Most that recieved a bailout were banks/financial institutions. What happens here if these banks default and the government decides to take over? They already have authority over certain regulations of these institutions. Again, they could regulate these banks so it benefits them. Now they control the money., who gets loans, interest rates, etc. Welcome to the Bank of Big Brother.

Now we have big oil and financial control. Wht's next?

Transportation...

online.wsj.com...

It doesn't look like GM will be able to pay up completely. If the government takes over, they again have the advantage. Even though we are left with a ton of choices for other vehicles, the government has regulations in this area as well. Put those regulations to a point only they can abide by them and every car you drive will be made by Government Motors.

Most of us still rely on some form of transportation. There is still a lot of rural area left and we need to get to work somehow.

Now we come to food. sustenance, nutrition, natures bounty.

And the government is still paying people not to grow foodor keep livestock. As food shortages loom, they have their hand in there keeping it scarce and heavily regulated. Even though these people are paid and not defaulting on a bailout the government still retains most of the control.

en.wikipedia.org...

explanation on how this works (taken from above link): the aim of the AAA was to raise prices for commodities through artificial scarcity. The AAA used a system of "domestic allotments", setting total output of corn, cotton, dairy products, hogs, rice, tobacco, and wheat. The farmers themselves had a voice in the process of using government to benefit their incomes. The AAA paid land owners subsidies for leaving some of their land idle with funds provided by a new tax on food processing. The goal was to force up farm prices to the point of "parity", an index based on 1910–1914 prices. To meet 1933 goals, 10 million acres of growing cotton was plowed up, bountiful crops were left to rot, and six million baby pigs were killed and discarded.[27] The idea was the less produced, the higher the wholesale price and the higher income to the farmer. Farm incomes increased significantly in the first three years of the New Deal, as prices for commodities rose. Food prices remained well below 1929 levels.[28] A Gallup Poll printed in the Washington Post revealed that a majority of the American public opposed the AAA.[29]

This article is from the Washington Post. It states that in 2006 atleast 1.3 billion dollars were spent to have farmers NOT produce.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Last but not least:

Healthcare! We are all aware of the new Obamacare. This will allow our government to control the most important thing we have. Our health, and possibly life and death. What greater power is there?

This is scary to me. If anybody takes the time to piece this all together it paints a grim picture as far as I am concerned. I think a lot of us quit paying attention when times were better. These things just kind of slipped through one at a time until it became glaringly obvious. Big brother has crept so insidiously into every aspect of our life that I am not sure it can ever be undone.

They are truly TPTB IMO.

What are everyone else's thoughts? Is it a conspiracy to eventually hold all of us in their complete control? The more we get from them for "free" the more like indentured servants we become.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Considering BP (BRITISH Petroleum) is not an American corporation I doubt they will get a bailout from the States.
I agree thtt our necessities are inflating waaaay too much though.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I just don't think BP being a foriegn company matters. That is why I was talking about it. I figure that a bailout could come IF this occured because it would benefit "us" to have them saved. They throw enough money overseas anyway, what's one more if it is profitable?

edit on 2/5/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Good luck paring it down to a single governing body as far as gain.

These fkrs are experts at burying the sources of profits,and expenditures.

Nobody knows where nothin went for at least a year after somebody asked.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

America owns 39% of BP from memory. But yeah...

Nationalising Oil resources is a good thing as long as you are in a position to pressure your govt. into doing the right thing with it rather than some untouchable corporation whose sole motivation is profit.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

The masses may be stupid, but if they are one thing its patriotic. If Obama gave BP Cash after what they did the American people would chase him down the streets. Not to mention its all Chinese cash anyway

Well presented OP by the way, star flag and a donut.

Edit to add: Didn't know about U.S. interests in BP, my apologies for the ignorance
edit on 5-2-2011 by StripedBandit because: Edit to Add:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Countless foreign corporations have already been bailed out.

"The American people are finally learning the incredible and jaw-dropping details of the Fed's multitrillion-dollar bailout of Wall Street and corporate America," said Sen. Bernard Sanders (I-Vt.), a longtime Fed critic whose provision in the Wall Street regulatory overhaul required the new disclosures. "Perhaps most surprising is the huge sum that went to bail out foreign private banks and corporations. As a result of this disclosure, other members of Congress and I will be taking a very extensive look at all aspects of how the Federal Reserve functions." The Fed launched emergency programs totaling $3.3 trillion in aid, a figure reached by adding up the peak amount of lending in each program.

Story Link

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

well to add it isn't called British Petroleum anymore and hasn't been for many years it is now known as Beyond Petroleum was a huge marketing scheme for greener company image.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It is a big bailout list, but it all means nothing when the companies are bankrupt including the government that bailed them out with monopoly money.

Sadly the list of bailouts means nothing for the US because it will never be able to support the economy it once had, and even if it could there's no more deals left for the US economy because the rest of the world already partnered elsewhere. Most previous economic deals the US once had went north... to that other country above the US.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It isa lot of chinese cash indeed.

We are a patriotic lot, but so far that hasn't seemed to amass us much in the political arena. I think they are well beyond caring what most Americans think sadly.

top topics

join