It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kel-tec shotgun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Pretty nice shotgun. Watch another video and they claim its going to cost about 900. Wonder if they can make modify it to carry mags.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
900 for a shotgun? Thanks, I'll keep my Mossberg.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by WraithXV

it may look cool but essentially it is nothing special unless it it fully auto. I have an arsenal of pumps for 180.00 new so why would u even think of spending 900 on something like that????? Hell a seiga is only 480 new!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
reply to post by WraithXV

it may look cool but essentially it is nothing special unless it it fully auto.

The fact that it has two under-barrel magazines that carry 14 rounds isn't special to you?

It's a compact, pump-action shotgun that carries 14 rounds. That's pretty damn good if you ask me. I don't see what's so special about full-auto shotguns, aside from overkill.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Kel-Tec has been putting out some diverse and interesting firearms lately. The rfb bullpup .308 rifle and the p-30 .22 wmr pistol (30 round mag. in grip - remake of Grendel) are along the same lines, hi-cap, short bodied ...
But I'll just stick with the Saiga IZ-9 with 8, 10 & 12 round sticks (forget the drums, unreliable).
Replace the stock with a top- or under- folder stock & you've got a package sized like the kel-tec in semi-auto with faster reloads.

ganjoa

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Amen to that.

- 2x 7-round tubes => 14 + 1
- selector switch to fire between either barrel => you can carry 7 buckshot and 7 slugs and fire either at will
- bullpup design => shorter overall length; great for urban scenarios, especially home defense
- shell ejection down => ambidextrous bullpup design
- disassembles into 5 pieces

During the Shot Show, this was the best showcase I saw. Great design and engineering. Kel-Tec is following FN's innovative designs.

My only question is how easy can you tactical reload with the bullpup design. Probably just takes practice.

BTW, full-auto boomsticks are over-hyped. Myself being in some tactical shotgun training, pumps can keep up with full-auto shotty any time, exception might be the AA-12. The guy in above video is firing too slow. Probably under the direction of the producer. But, pumps can keep up with full-autos.
edit on 8-2-2011 by guppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
My shotty is 1200 bucks... (Winchester Super X3 and worth every penny)

It facepwns this so called Tactical Shotgun...

edit on 8-2-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why on Earth whould you ever, and I mean EVER, have the need for a SCOPE on a SHOTGUN???

edit on 8-2-2011 by chaakin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin
Why on Earth whould you ever, and I mean EVER, have the need for a SCOPE on a SHOTGUN???

edit on 8-2-2011 by chaakin because: (no reason given)

They're great for deer hunting, using slugs and a rifled barreled. They're also good for shotguns set up with a tight choke, cleaner shot, more meat and less body carnage. My buddy turkey shoots with this setup, works very well for him. Some scopes also gather more light and some people use night scopes. I don't use one on my gun but I've been in situations where they were an advantage. You have to buy a good one though because they take a lot of punishment on recoil.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
i had an ithacaq bullpup back in the early 90s i got from a department store for 160 and it was ok but it was a scatter gun excellent for cutting up 10 people standing 15 or 20 feet in front of you and thats all it was good for. cops saw it in my window and confiscated it saying it was to short went to court case was throwed out because gun had been lost i would have one case anyway because i had my orginal paper work descibing that the barrel length being just an inch over legal limit.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'm really liking the KSG14

It's for sale online some places for about $600, expensive compared to basic 870 or 500, but there are more expensive pump shotguns out there

Being of a bullpup design you get a very short grip to end of barrel length, without having to deal with licenses for SBSs or AOWs And you keep the advantage of a tighter pattern. So right there you are saving like $200 by not having to get a SBS, which makes the gun about $400, in line with many mossbergs and remingtons.

And that's not even including the fact that it holds TWICE what the they would, and as someone else mentioned you have the ability to hold two types of ammo.

I really am quite fond of this thing, I'm almost certain it's the next gun I'm going to buy. I was going to get an 870 and SBS it, but this option is about the same price, gives me like 3 times the capacity than a SBS, just overall a great gun assuming there are no mechanical issues that come out.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Definitely. Its on my wishlist as well. My only question is what to load in each tube:

- 7 slugs & 7 buckshots
[OR]
- 7 buckshots & 7 birdshots w/ 6 slugs on side saddle

Actually, that's a good question. How easy is it to install a side saddle on a KSG? Being a bullpup, best place to have a side saddle would be the pump-slide. I like to configure my firearms where you can transition from left- to right-hand with no problem.

Reason why I would consider loading birdshots for defensive purposes is overpenetration. What if your assailant is in front of a window and you fire buckshots? Some buckshots may miss your target, go thru your window, and into whatever is beyond. In a world filled with lawyers, you gotta keep liability in mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
Kel-Tec has been putting out some diverse and interesting firearms lately. The rfb bullpup .308 rifle and the p-30 .22 wmr pistol (30 round mag. in grip - remake of Grendel) are along the same lines, hi-cap, short bodied ...
But I'll just stick with the Saiga IZ-9 with 8, 10 & 12 round sticks (forget the drums, unreliable).
Replace the stock with a top- or under- folder stock & you've got a package sized like the kel-tec in semi-auto with faster reloads.

ganjoa

Don't forget the sub 2000 and plr-16. I love my 16.

top topics

join