It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by amongus
reply to post by darrman
From inception to your first job, how long did it take? Also, how do you get your leads?
I hope you don't die at the Keyboard LOL!!
Originally posted by OldCorp
darrman, I'd like to ask a couple of questions on behalf of my newly school-free, jobless, 18-year-old son.
What is "backflow," and why is it important?
Why do these establishments need to have it tested?
Wouldn't the water company do this for free?
Do you advertise, or just go in and say, "Hey, you guys want your backflow tested?"
Thanks in advance for your answers.
Originally posted by thepixelpusher
1. In this job is there more work than people to do it?
(I'm 50 and have just had gone through 2 downsizings the last 2 years and currently am unemployed. I'm in Wisconsin, USA.)
2. How long does the certification courses run (months, weeks)?
3. Do plumbers get most of this work?
4. If not self-employed like you, what are starting wages for this job at a company?
5. Do businesses regularly get testing done or do you have to suggest they do by law?
Thanks in advance.