It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the Jews deny Jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I always wanted to understand better why the Jews deny Jesus as Christ and God. You know? Why do they do that?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not jewish, but I think it has a lot to do with montheism. They beleive in only 1 god, Jesus claimed to be god. They dont have the "trinity" like christianity.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't know why but I have found some websites for you to browse.

There are many substantial and vital distinctions between Judaism and Christianity. Of course, there are many similarities as well, primarily because Christianity emerged from Judaism. However, the emergence was not a direct line. Christianity broke from Judaism, forming a new religion, so it is misleading, however comfortable the thought might be, to believe that the two religions are essentially the same, or to see Christianity as the natural continuation of Judaism. The differences between the two religions will be explored below. As a preface, it is useful to repeat Judaism's central belief that the people of all religions are children of God, and therefore equal before God. All people have God's love, mercy, and help. In particular, Judaism does not require that a person convert to Judaism in order to achieve salvation. The only requirement for that, as understood by Jews, is to be ethical. While Judaism accepts the worth of all people regardless of religion, it also allows people who are not Jewish but who voluntarily wish to join the Jewish people to do so. It is not really possible to summarize either Judaism or Christianity fairly in brevity, so further study is encouraged. Also, the formal positions of Judaism on various issues should be discussed with a rabbi. The beliefs described in this section are mainstream Christian and Jewish beliefs. Individual Christian and Jewish thinkers may differ, sometimes considerably, with the positions described here. It is nonetheless useful, even with all these limitations, to consider the differences. One book that is excellent on this subject is Judaism and Christianity: the Differences, by Trude Weiss-Rosmarin (Jonathan David, 1981).

www.jewsforjudaism.org...
www.mosaiclaw.org...
www.messiahtruth.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Biggest mistake they ever made.
They would made a motza of that one.
Young upstart, threatening profits of the money changers in G-ds house?

jokes aside,

He did not do all the signs foretold of the messiah.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
i deny jesus

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

whatjewsbelieve.org...

It says

Who died on the cross? Was it Jesus-the-god, or was it Jesus-the-human? If it was Jesus-the-god, Jews don't believe that God can die. If it was Jesus-the-human, then all Christians have in the death of Jesus was a human death, a human sacrifice. Jews believe that God hates the very idea of human sacrifice.

Then says :

Deuteronomy 12:30-31, God calls Human sacrifice something that He hates, and an abomination to Him, "for every abomination to the Eternal, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods. In Jeremiah 19:4-6, God tells us that Human sacrifice is so horrible a concept to Him, that it did not even come into His mind to demand it from His creation, "They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind." We see the same thing in Psalm 106:37-38, and in Ezekiel 16:20. This means that God would not accept Jesus's death on the cross as a blood sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins. The very idea of that God would accept a human sacrifice for the forgiveness of sins is UnBiblical.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Jesus NEVER claimed to be God!!!! That's crazy. He said he was the son of God.
He was NEVER meant to be deified. And I don't think he would approve.
Incidentally, Jesus wasn't a Christian and I sincerely doubt if he was here today in
the flesh he would be a Christian now either.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
the Jews do not deny Jesus.

they simply do not acknowledge/recognize him as a messiah

to say the Jews "deny" Jesus is to imply that Xians are possessors of "THE TRUTH".
this is in the same class of allegation as the Jews are "christ killers" when it was the roman authorities that crucified him.

it;s just Xian propaganda 101.
edit on 5-2-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

new topics

top topics

join